Common Sense In War

Please read and respond...

10 replies to this topic

#1 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:36 PM

Hullo everyone, I'm back from my "kind-of-yeah" yeah... Whatever...
Yeah...
Our Nerf team's name (Me, Dark Shrimp, and a couple of others) has become:
Nerf Team: Yeah...

Anyways, to the topic:
It has been brought up to my attention that we should somehow have some "commandments" for Nerf.

As in warfare with armies and stuff, we all abide by common rules that never have changed. These rules may not be written down, but they are always followed because they give a sense of honor...

Please, comment and/or add stuff... Here it is:

Common Sense in a Nerf War
1) Using common sense.
2) Not using shields unless otherwised agreed upon. This does not include guns specified to be used as shields.
3) Not stealing other people's guns and using them without permission. This includes guns that have been cast away due to long reloading time.
4) No H2H unless otherwise agreed upon.
5) No physical assault unless otherwise agreed upon.
6) No lying about being hit... This is goddamn basic, people!
7) No cursing or using bad language unless you feel intense pain, or bread (le pain)
8) No shooting someone in the head when they have called a time-out. (This mainly refers to Dark Shrimp)
9) No calling time-ins and then shooting someone in the head when they were the one who called the time-out in the first place. (Basic rule: The person who declares time-out is the only one who can resume the game, and if and only if the others are ready.)
10) No misc. stupid stuff... I.e. Shooting at point blank, tackling someone, trying to take their gun out of their hands, etc.

Now that I've posted my "Ten Commandments"* of Nerf Wars here, I would like you people to comment on it, question me, flame me, kill me, slaughter me, and reply to this topic. Thank you.

~Mystic~

*I am Atheist, however I was educated in Christianity in the past... If there is something that I don't remember about mentioning the commandments or relating to them, please edit it or let me know so I will...
Yeah...

#2 Guest_The Lord Cow_*

Guest_The Lord Cow_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:39 PM

Pretty good. It's like the constitution. Plyable, usuable, and downright genius! Kickass! Keep it coming!

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:51 PM

>sigh< Uncultured youth. Actually kids, a couple years ago when I was writing articles for Nerf Online I DID create a list of commandments for Nerf:

http://www.nerfonlin...mandments.shtml

While you're there check out my other articles (in the Living End section), there's a lot of good information there.

Cxwq: We need to get those things hosted on this site man.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:59 PM

I'm on it.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:34 PM

is there any way to get the pictures and videos and bring them to NH? i went to watch them and was unsuccessful
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:11 PM

Fine question. Hal seemed reasonably amenable to the idea but he's not replying to my emails so I can't say for sure. I'd definitely like to get that content up for you guys.

#7 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 07:24 PM

Spoon~ If you do remember, I was on NerfOnline and I actually did read your articles... Sorry, they just weren't in my mind while I was writing this topic.

Cxwq~ Please, do try... NerfOnline was a great referrence source for people new to Nerf and had lots of information... I might also be able to write up some articles if you want, I actually have some saved on my laptop at this moment...

~Mystic~

#8 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:00 PM

Both those lists are good, but I think at least one commandment for "Common Sense in Forums" should be: Don't call the admin an asshole.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#9 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 09:14 PM

I... sorta made one of those in an article I wrote in FI about my newbhood. Heh..

Mystic, that was great! The only thing I have to add would be Safe Shooting, such as no shooting in the head, nuts, fingers, face, etc. Soft areas!
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 09:48 PM

Both those lists are good, but I think at least one commandment for "Common Sense in Forums" should be: Don't call the admin an asshole.

Eh... lots of people call me an asshole.

While it's not likely to help our relationship, I don't really have that much of a problem with people disagreeing with me, even rudely. I just tend to fire back with similar language.

On the other hand, if I'm warning you that your behavior on the forums is unacceptable and you choose to respond by calling me an asshole, that would be bad news.

I guess that commandment can be paraphrased (as with so many others) as: Don't be stupid.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 11:41 AM

Well I AM an asshole, so calling me one is more astute than unwise. However, being an asshole, my reaction to such a comment may still be rash and violent.

VACC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users