What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Relatively cheap

80 replies to this topic

#51 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:46 PM

of course not, it's not like i'd waste 35 bucks or so on something that might not work and if it does i will never be able to use it. lol. i'd rather use the profi pipe cleaner as a mini marshmallow gun, a hobby which i am very much into, except we usually use lung power.

Edit: it would make a nifty concept gun, kinda like bolt's co2 one, be my guest to try it.

Edited by WratH, 22 September 2005 - 09:50 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#52 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:52 PM

^^^

Then why are you on this forum, instead of a mini-marshmellow airgun forum?

TS

#53 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:53 PM

We should make a mini-marshmellow airgun category on NH.
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

Formerly known as Nerfnoobc.

#54 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

i am on that forum. lol. nerf is pretty nifty too and we use the same concepts and the same size pipe for farts sake. except we don't have triggers and stuff.

Edit: i could give you the url for that forum, but i'm not sure if it's allowed :w00t:

Edited by WratH, 22 September 2005 - 09:56 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#55 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

of course not, it's not like i'd waste 35 bucks or so on something that might not work and if it does i will never be able to use it. lol. i'd rather use the profi pipe cleaner as a mini marshmallow gun, a hobby which i am very much into, except we usually use lung power.

Edit: it would make a nifty concept gun, kinda like bolt's co2 one, be my guest to try it.

For the love of God man, we have a Code of Conduct for a reason! Use it.

By the way, as much as I enjoy seeing a nerf loser thread getting horribly hyjacked, I must stand firm to forum principles. Posting in old topics is not bad if you are contributing to the topic, however mentioning homemade weaponry that is beyond the scope of our uses is rather off the base of the conversation.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#56 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:27 AM

I'll take it a step further. STOP FUCKING POSTING IN THIS TOPIC!

There are no god damn losers in nerf! NONE! Mother fucking christ raper! I swear to God, if this shit doesn't end I'm going to fucking lose it. It's nerf guys! Please, we all know that you're all full of shit. We all know it. You've never fucking nerfed, and if you did, you didn't eat shit!

There are two types of people on this forum, people who nerf and people who are full of shit. I swear to fuck everyone who actually contributed to this 4 MOTHER FUCKING PAGE topic has been perminently imprinted into my shit list. I just can't fucking believe this went on so long. Wasn't this forum created to stop this bullshit!

Seriously, we're never going to get anywhere if we keep this stuff up. This is not some alternate reality guys. This is real life. Nobody snipes in Nerf. They don't. Seriously. Watch the videos. Look at the pictures. Where the hell are they going to eat shit from? In the woods? You can't eat shit. A leaf will get in the way. We've proven so many times WITH PHYSICS that a dart isn't accurate enough for a scope. We've all tested and proven a gun can't shoot far enough to warrent anything "concealed". Most of all, we've all played and no matter what you say, there is no losing. End of debate. There is no debate and it will remain so until one of you bullshitters shows up at a Jersey war and puts your money where your mouth is. Until then, nobody buys it but the other bullshitters. This is not your play ground. This is not your "creative outlet." This site is for Nerfers. Real Nerfers. Guys who actually understand the idea that we're playing with kids toys modified. Seriously. Lighten up, because it's the people talking about milsim and losing who are RUINING this game and what it stands for.

It's fun guys. It's fun making a gun shoot better and then shooting your friends with it. That's all there is to it. No matter how far we take it. So please, once and for all, I challange you. I call upon you! Drop the bullshit. Just fucking Nerf. If you can't find anyone in your town, stop talking about playing. You have the full right to modify your guns, but drop the bullshit about your "clan". There are maybe one or two real life clans in exsistance. Just stop bullshitting about what you've done. It's not hard and it's the best thing for the community.

By doing so, by just admitting the truth, you will be respected ten fold, because those who's respect matters see through it all. We know what is true, what is possible and what has and hasn't been done because we have been there. We've seen the craziest shit. We've been knee deep in it. So just, you know, stop. You can't bullshit guys who know the game. You can't do it.

Make it happen guys,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#57 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

When I said losing I really meant long range. I wasn't going to use it in a war, I just wanteed a nerf gun that shot really far to play around with. Any single shot gun in a nerf war is impractical.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#58 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

Any single shot gun in a nerf war is impractical.

Now it's my turn to go off.

FUCK you. Come to a YANO or Armageddon or CAFF, and I'll show your sorry ass what a fuckling xbow can do, bitch.

On a lighter note, have fun all you want. Just don't call them losing weapons. I, myself, prefer the term "Sharpshooter". Alongside that, if Single-shot guns are impractical, then why are Nite Finders so damn popular? And why does the BBB rerelease have so many people excited? And why do so many people single-barrel Airtech 2k's? Some of them have to actually nerf...there are too many of them to not have at least a few real nerfers in the bunch. Not every single person who single-barrels a gun doesn't nerf, like you may be suggesting.

Also, I'd like to apologize for my above comment. It's out of character. Just try to make sure you know that you are correct in your assumptions. It may be impractical for you to use a single-barreled gun in a war, but there are those of us who are extremely attached to their xbows... :w00t:

Edited by Falcon, 23 September 2005 - 10:20 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#59 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

Just because they're popular doesn't mean they're pratical. I have a nitefinder I love it because it shootsfar for a pistol, I have a single barreled at2k I love it because it shoots really far and very acurately, I once had a bbb a long time ago, again I loved it. Just because I like these things doesn't mean they're pratical. If you have an xbow and miss and someone's on your tail you have to run like hell. If you have an at3k and miss, oh well you have five more shots ready to go. The at3k is alot more pratical than the xbow.

Single shot guns are cool because shooting a peice of foam over 100 feet is awesome. It doesn't mean they should be used in wars.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#60 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:52 PM

No, you're just a fucking moron.

Falcon is right (side note - Falcon due to the fact that comment was dead on, don't apologize.), frankly saying that using an X bow in a nerf war is impractical is like saying you don't want to have a big engine in a race car because it's too fast. It doesn't make any fucking sense. Frankly, your opinion is like the natural inversion of reality. This is why I propose anyone who has never actually nerfed just flat out stop talking about it like they have. I said it, and truly, the evidence is right here on this board.

I'm not even going to counter the opinion because frankly, I'm tired of trying to tell teenagers who know everything how things really are. X Bows impractical? BBB impractical? You intellegent? Those get "no's" all around.

I wasn't kidding,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#61 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:54 PM

See what happens when you guys don't listen to me? This all could have been prevented over a page ago, yet it had to continue. When people don't listen, we let the Talio out.

Fair warning guys.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#62 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:59 PM

I stand by my opinion that six is better than one.(I'm entitled to one you know)

Oh and Talio. Just because someone has a differing opinion than you doesn't mean you need to get hostile and act like the God of All Nerf. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're automatically wrong. That's the definition of opinion, it means a personal beleif or judgement. Therefore it cannot ever be wrong. I beleive the Xbow is impractical because I beleive you should have more rounds in your gun, another person may not. It does not mean I'm going to personally put them down.

You need to calm down. It's nerf... Toy Guns... For 8 year olds.

Edited by Nerferc, 23 September 2005 - 01:13 PM.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#63 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

You need to calm down.

I don't think I've ever seen Talio in an online communication mode other than severe depression or open hostility. That shit happens when you forget your meds.

I'll take my 3k over an xbow any day. The only way to *really* own with an xbow is to do what Falcon does - stand really still behind a tree and wait for someone to forget you're there and walk within 20' so you can cap them in the face.

I'm looking forward to my next matchup with him because it will put an end to his "I'm a GOD because I eat shit cxwq in the face all day long!" line on nhq. Whore.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#64 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

Hey, wiskey is not medication, it's a way of life!

#65 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:01 PM

Nerfer, single-shots are impractical for some, others not. I used dual NFs for a while, and I'm now modding my second newest one because I loved them. I've only got about three people to play with, and I owned them with NFs. They're single-shots, are they not? Don't say something about a gun's practicality if you've never even seen one in real life.

Yes, they are actually, single-shot; I just have two of them. I assumed when you made your comment about an XBow being impractical that you were including a sidearm like an NF as well, but I guess not. Your argument is still bullshit and you've lost.

Believe it or not, there are people out there that can ACTUALLY HIT SOMEONE. Not everyone needs six shots. Again, your argument is still bullshit.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 23 September 2005 - 03:28 PM.

SexD Warves

#66 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:08 PM

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

Pulling a gun out of your pocket/holster or whatever you're keeping it in and primeing it takes alot longer than just pumping something another 3 times and fireing.

Beleive it or not there are people who can dodge darts. And there are times when you still miss or the wind takes your shot. There are also times when even if you hit the guy you're trying to hit he has teammates coming at you. What are you going to do then? Again, pump it three times and fire again and have another 4 darts or pull out another gun and prime it then fire and then completely run out of options.

Let people make up their own minds.

Edited by Nerferc, 23 September 2005 - 03:33 PM.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#67 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Location:Where the slots are plentiful, and the yards are small

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

If I carry around seven PVC'd Crossbows - two in each hand, one on a strap on my back, and two in my pockets - does that make them fully automatic?

So to answer your question: No, it is not. It is still single shot.

Edit: Typo

Edited by MattPaintballer, 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#68 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#69 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Location:Where the slots are plentiful, and the yards are small

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Key words being "in essence"
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#70 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:21 PM

? What about essence.

Having a gun in each hand is a little different than seven. Don't ya think?

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#71 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

Look, some people like single shots, some don't. It's all relative. Personally, I like them, but rapid fire can be awsome too. People pick what they want. Want a definition of a loser? Here you go.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#72 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

This is my final post in this thread because I'm probably starting to get on people's nerves. But I could not leave this alone. SG Pilot, I'm letting him have his opinion, just also stating my own and giving facts to support it.

I hate, absolutely hate, when people give a dictionary definition of loser, because you DO NOT eat shit in Nerf. Even if you could, it would be a totally different definition and that one would not apply in the slightest bit. I know what a loser is, and there aren't Nerf losers.

Nerfer, again, it's possible to miss and get rushed and killed, but you know what? IT'S NERF. You're not actually going to die. I've recently switched to using mostly single-shots and to tell the truth, I don't care about winning or losing. As I said on NHQ, if I get shot, at least I had fun charging someone if only for the fun of shooting at them. I don't care at all about the outcome, but I'd rather walk out in the open and shoot than use multiple shots and have victory ensured; I just like the feel of NFs and I'm pretty damn good with them for someone with my low level of experience. People seem to get too competitive in wars; I admit, I've let the yearning for a win overcome me at times, but I recently realized something: it's a game. A game, nothing more. It's for fun, and I think it's more fun to shoot at someone with a pistol, miss and then run like hell and probably get shot than know I'm going to win. It's not about winning, it's about fun, and I like pistols more than anything else, so I use them, and they work for me. That's all there is to it.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 23 September 2005 - 08:13 PM.

SexD Warves

#73 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:55 PM

Ok, as far as single shots go, this covers a lot on practicality and such.

Now a rant:
The more perceptive of us who nerf find that a single shot gets the job done. If you don't like something about the fucking gun, change the thing. Look what Ompa, Renegade, and several others have done. They made some fucking awesome clips. I'm currently modding a BBB to my approval. Examine your gun. What do you think can be done to it? Modding is just a part of the fun in nerf. I'm absolutely thrilled when I nail someone with a newly modded gun. It makes Nerfing fun.

As far as the losing thing goes, I will restate "you can't fucking eat shit in Nerf". It's basically saying "I'm over here just waiting for you to cap my ass, because I think I can hit you from here!" If you have two of these dickwads left, there is a standstill. Standstills blow ass. It prolongs valuable time for a fresh war. There is nothing fun about standing there picturing a 200 ft. headshot and caressing your little Airtech. That shit just doesn't happen. Do something, and make the war interesting. It will even be more fun for those who have died out to watch. To eat shit is to bullshit.

If you mean a long-ranged gun, say "a long-ranged gun". I don't care where this topic goes, since it's already 10 miles through hell. Let the thing die.

~I am Rings. I have spoken.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#74 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

I believe losers still exist in nerf, but all they are are just people who like to shot others from ranges.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#75 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:51 PM

Look, there can't be losers in nerf, shooting 100 feet is not losing. I admit when I said losing I mispoke, I meant long range. (If you've rad my opinions on single shot guns a few posts up you would realize I would not like losing).

As for the whole single shot/multiple shot guns. To each his own. I personally prefer multiple shot guns, some others may not. Do what you find is fun, NERF is about fun as Monkey said.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users