Sights

27 replies to this topic

#26 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:47 AM

when I shoot I dont just fire blindly I try to line up my gun with a target...Sights would give me an idea of what im shooting at.

Frankly, I think that they won't. If you don't know which person you're shooting at, there is a big problem. I don't ever use the "sights" on my NF. I nail people with that thing all the time. Hitting people is a natural thing. YOu have to feel where the dart will go. I've been shooting my Nite Finder for a long time in its current state (as in, shooting it as it is currently modded). It is now an extension of my arm when I pick it up. I don't think about it. It just flows, and my arm knows where to go to hit. And it does. The same goes for my crossbow. Granted, on something like a crossbow, you can line up your shot along the crack that divides the two halves of the shell, but frankly, you'll probably end up missing more often than not.
At Armageddon, for example, out of all of the hits I got on people with my xbow, I probably only used the crack twice. Everything else, even all of my distanced shots, I snapped the gun to my shoulder, my mind's eye "saw" where the dart would go, and my finger pulled. *Headshot* In archery, this is called "Instinctive Shooting". Take some time in your backyard with some empty two-liter soda bottles set up, and just walk around. Enjoy the ecenery, and then randomly snap your gun up and shoot at one. Never spend more than about two seconds "lining up" a shot, because no enemy will ever give you that long to aim at them.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#27 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

Sorcery eh? That is funny but my stefans arent like normal stefans for the gun.
Of the four darts (well three now) 2 darts are loser darts. (normal darts modified like stefans) The last one is a stefan but its small, really small. Half of the dart is gluedome/weight and the other half is Fbr. It looks more like a bullet. I will never find them if I miss. But if the shot is good then it is reusable. I must admit that Cxwq was dead on the money by saying the darts are never the same after you fire them. The darts that were accurate are getting weaker. Now they are within like a foot span of the laser pen. Either way it is still an effective loser. If it takes a web video to convince you guys, then I will see what I can do.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#28 supernoob3000

supernoob3000

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, I agree with falcon in that aiming in the practical sense is very instinctual with nerf guns. Ironically, the longer you take to line up your fire, the more likely you're bound to miss because you're thinking too much. Not to say there's no real aiming involved- but as far as lining up, it's as simple as pointing your gun in the target's general direction. Point, compensate, fire- like firing arrows from a bow. So there doesn't seem to be much reason for a sight yet.

And Forsaken_angel24, yes, I'd be very interested in seeing a video clip of the accuracy you describe with your darts. I'm in no way patronizing you, I really DO want to see it so make good on your word and produce the clip. I'm very much interested in pushing the limits of what a nerf gun can do.
people who are casually amused by nerf guns never got shot in the face with one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users