Firefly Problems

barrels sealed shut

29 replies to this topic

#26 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:01 AM

This may or may not be the problem, but at the end of the plunger tube thee's this little blue peice with a spring that fits inside a gap and creates a seal with the cylinder. If you've lost that, then you're pretty much screwed, sorry.

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#27 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

I cant seem to get my FF to shoot. I replaced the barrels with CPVC streched the main spaing and the spring on the end of the plunger. But when I shoot it the stefans it only goes about 43 feet. Now I have rereplaced the barrels on it but the stefans dont even come out of the barrels. I have checked the seals on the barrel but no air seems to be leaking. I am thinking about buying some brass the will fit in the back of each of the barrels to increase the volocity(SP?). If anybody thinks they know why my gun is fucked up please tell me.

-Doom

Chances are your darts don't fit right for CPVC. Don't buy materials blindly, take your darts with you and make sure it's the size you need. CPVC would be utterly useless for my darts, along with pretty much everyone I war with. Brass may work better but again, you need to check the size and you'll definitely need to nest if you go with brass.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#28 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

Well the today I lost the little blue thing on the end. :D But I had some hot glue on the little blue thingy so I took it of. And then I lost the little blue thingy in my friends car. lost the little blue thingy before I could test the ranges. :( Also I have a replaceable barrel mod in the workings.

-Doom
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#29 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

So from what I am reading I am going to guess that modding the turret alone will increase ranges? Are you guys using the stock darts or micros?

And did anyone besides me actually take the time to put on the glow in the dark tape? hahaha.

One last thing, has anyone thought of making the stock so it can extend? This would be better for those of us with longer arms haha. But seriously, this would be a very cool mod, I'm going to open mine up right now and see if its possible for one thing, and how long I could make it extend to for another.

Edited by NJNerfer, 16 August 2005 - 10:12 PM.

Wah!

#30 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:58 AM

We were using stefans. Yes replacing the barrels does help. About the glow tape I lost it before I could put it on.

-Doom
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users