33 replies to this topic

#1 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

Hey guys,

Nothing ground-breakily original here, except I don't know if anyone's brassed a SSPB with this particular integration in mind, but that's beside the point. Just wanted to show off the finished product. Several people have done this particular integration with the extraneous space present after having removed the lighting internals from the NF. Made for a pretty sweet mod!

If nothing else, I am pleased with how clean this mod turned out. I was dreading on how to stabilize the brass when I realized that the best method would be to use what Nerf already designed for us, that front 'fin' with the two screw holes.

The internals, nothing fancy here - except for those who are curious on how to mount the SSPB inside, this is the best method I found.
Posted Image

The finished product.
Posted Image

Close up of the trimming I had to do to squeeze the SSPB in. Think I definitely got carried away here, but it fits snug nonetheless.
Posted Image

Have not gotten around to measuring distances. Will post those later.

Comments, questions, criticisms...all welcome.

-Groove out.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

Very nice, Groove. I mounted an SSPB in a buddy's NF a while back like that. They just look cleaner that way. Overall a nice, clean modification. I'd like to see the ranges on it.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:29 PM

Looks very, very clean.

Good job Groove. I like how the barrels are actually parallel to eachother too, so many people make them bent everywhich way.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hmm I might hijack my lil bro's NF just to do a sspb integration, since that's looking so nice. Then again, I'm not sure how many days of crying over a toy he doesn't play with I can stand.
Indiana '11

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:10 PM

Steal it and test my clip system on it, as I'm out of NF's to spare.

~ompa

#6 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

Wow! That thing looks tight good job. Wish I had one. I suggest you replace the stock spring with a 4" or 4.5" spring of the same width if you havn't done this. I get more range with my NF. It has a 5" spring, a bit too long so a irecommend a bit shorter.

Edited by Osiris, 15 July 2005 - 09:52 PM.

#7 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:19 PM

I my personal, humble opinion, the Nite Finder already has a very good stock spring.

That's very clean, Groove, but why such a long barrel on the Nite Finder? Does it get a nice good range? All of my NF's barrels are 3" to 4" with K&S 9/16" Brass.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#8 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:41 AM

Wow, I'm very impressed, Groove. Anyways, how do you get the darts into the gun? I brassed my NF and I find it difficult at best to get them in there. Ramming them down with a stick isn't cuttin it.
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#9 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

Is the SSPB accurate?

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

TIG - The barrel is 4" long with K&S 9/16" Brass.

Warlock - The darts fit rather snug, more snug than any other gun I have, but I don't have to man handle them to get them in there. Just a little pushing and they go in fine.

NerfLad78 - The SSPB is accurate, as accurate as it can be for a holdout weapon. It's more of an, "Oh shit these guys are coming at me while I'm reloading," type of gun; not an, "I'ma shoot with the NF and then shoot them with the SSPB" dealie. If I pump it a shitload I get decent range with it. However, I am at work so I can't get any exact ranges to anyone as of yet.

Thanks for the comments!

-Groove out.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#11 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

It looks like it would be hard to get at the pump with the way it's set up. Is this true?

_Suave

#12 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

I'm real sorry if this is located somewhere on this forum, but does anyone know where I can find how to mod the SSPB?
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#13 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

Link
Super Link
Dynamo Link
Use the search function dood!

Edited by Ronster, 16 July 2005 - 06:21 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#14 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

I'm real sorry if this is located somewhere on this forum, but does anyone know where I can find how to mod the SSPB?

This is probably the most simple mod you could do yourself. CX made a very good point by saying that there were only about 6 or 7 real mods out there. Other than that, take out the air restrictors, stretch the spring/band, plug the pump, and add barrels. It's a lot simpler than (usually) it's hyped up to be. Plus, this is the most basic pump gun. Seriously. Figure it out, you don't need that much help.

TS

#15 Nerf boy 99999

Nerf boy 99999

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

Would this work an a nfEX3?
spotter- target at 12 O-clock
me- target in scope
spotter- wind speed 1 knot west
me- set for 1 knot west
me- 3,2,1,fire
me- target down repet target down
spotter- conformed target down

#16 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

Would this work an a nfEX3?

Of corse, and correct me if Im wrong, but the Nite Finder EX3 and the regular Nite Finder are the same. Just one of them has a slightly different shell to allow it to attach to the Titan and a different paint job.

Edited by Ronster, 19 July 2005 - 03:43 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#17 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

TIG - The barrel is 4" long with K&S 9/16" Brass.
-Groove out.

Really?
It looks longer. Alot longer.
I think my barrels appear shorter because I kinda nested them right into the plunger cap. You know, where the air restrictors used to sit. I drilled a hole so the air goes straight to the barrel.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#18 deth moad ue

deth moad ue

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:46 PM

Nice mod...What did you use to do the trimming?

I'm considering doing something similar to this (possibly without the brass, as I don't dartsmith).

I wish the SSPB could be mounted upside down, so that the barrels would be closer together....

#19 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

This topic is a little old.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#20 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

The only problem is that with the trigger on the secret strike not being covered you lose air pressure thus lossing range i found a useful idea for it though check homemades and smoke stefans topic for a good idea for it. But for this problem you might also want to hot glue it. I'm not sure of its effectiveness.

Edited by dark, 02 August 2005 - 06:12 PM.

"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

Hey, man use something called Punctuation and Capitalization. I really don't know what you are talking about. You are saying that the SSPB trigger is uncovered thus makign it lose range? How the fuck does that work out? I can see it now, "Hey, guys, I am going to cover the trigger on my gun before the war starts to get better range!!!!111!!1!the big oneoneone" You are making zero since. Seriously. If you want a name at least make it sound close to 1337ness, forsay Zero Since. Just like Zero Talent but with the since part. I hear that name and I instantly thing 1337. I hear yours and I will remember this post. So clean them up for our own eyes sake.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#22 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

Seriously #1568, I don't see an 'ompa' or a 'cxwq' anywhere in your username. Lay off the kid, it's not your job; it's your job to make posts with a point unlike the one I'm posting right now.
Indiana '11

#23 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

~MAKES NO SINCE!!!11!1!!thebigone one on !!111~

Bwahahaha.

Okay, okay. Hold your horses, you're not getting away with this.

You are making zero since.

I thought the above was just a simple, but laughable typo. Ah, but wait, there's more! Then you go and say,

If you want a name at least make it sound close to 1337ness, forsay Zero Since. Just like Zero Talent but with the since part.

and my faith was lost.

The word is fucking "sense". Learn to make some of your own. For god's sake, if you wish to be a dick and correct someone, do it properly, without leaving yourself open to dicks like me who pick apart your corrective posts.

I don't like dark at all, he brings back old topics, posts non-sense, and has some useless ideas; but I can't believe he fixed up his post for you.

Lay off, as AA said. If you want to teach a grammar lesson, atleast have the handbook ready, idiot.

EDIT: Oh dear, you can't forget this one:

I hear that name and I instantly thing 1337

Had enough yet, bud?

Edited by Black Wrath, 03 August 2005 - 02:33 PM.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#24 deth moad ue

deth moad ue

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:17 AM

*sigh*

My bad on dredging back up old stuff, but in lieu of a firefly, the NF is the only thing I can buy and presumably use at some point....and the mod intrigues me, old or not.

Are any of you guys English teachers?

#25 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:43 AM

Are any of you guys English teachers?

I don't know, should I be one?

--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users