Crossbow Barrel

trying to make a barrel for my Xbow

5 replies to this topic

#1 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

Ok i had just done Rawray7 Xbow mod. i am trying to make a shorter barrel but with the same concept of Rawray7 xbow barrel. But i cant get the 9/16 brass to fit into the 1/2 sch. 80.
Any help would be nice.
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#2 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:25 PM

apparently all sch. 80 is not created equal. i had the same problem when i bought new sch. 80. my suggestion, bring your brass in the store and try different pieces of sch. 80 OR:

use sch. 40, and make the brass fit by wrapping electrical tape around the ends of the barrel, then epoxy it, like this
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

What he said. I've never been able to get brass to fit in SCH 80. I'd really like it to because it would look sweet.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

You could always get some electrical conduct pvc, it's the same as sch 40 only it's the same gray as sch80. Doom, I've found pvc that fits 19/32 brass a little snug and I some times use that method to secure 9/16 brass, see if any of your pvc fits it, I just use a 1/2"- 1" of 19/32" brass at both ends to hold in the 9/16".
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#5 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

Oh thanks every one for the help i will try to get some pvc (today I almost bought 10 feet for like a dollor fifty). Thanks
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#6 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

No wonder you used sch40 for your sm1500 mod, cx. I always thought that was strange seeing as sch80 fit my brass better snugly and my sch40 leaves some room between the brass and the pvc.

Since I'm rebarreling it with 7" anyway, I might just do it with sch80. Tad heavier, though.

Anyway, for your barrel, just throw in a piece of 17/32" brass at the end with about a quarter of an inch sticking out, for the purpose of a breech break barrel.
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users