K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#152 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:48 PM

Yeah.... you again have impressed me shindig. Talio if it comes to it i will have a extra gun to spare to you.(note: it is a mega dart shooting gun) My brother and i have a pretty decent stock pile of weapons. Hope to see you all @ Apoc...... and if Wave is seeing this.... I do hope i can you back for a long over due headshot.

#153 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:49 PM

Hey shindig, did you say someone would have a cell phone? If so could you e-mail me the number. Since I'm going to be driving solo for the first time in that direction, it might be nice to be able to get ahold of someone there to possibly give me directions if I get lost. I think you should have my e-mail, if not just let me know.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#154 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 11:25 PM

Put me down for digital still camera and possibly DV camera. (I own one, but it's being tempermental and I have to get the read/write head cleaned or something)

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#155 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 01:16 AM

Alright, maybe we should have a list of who's bringing what here. I know a couple people are bringing cameras (badass) but we have to see what else is covered...
~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#156 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:33 AM

Digital cameras... Ha! I can get 'em for free.

Too bad my mom's all sold out...

Hm... I remember marking the 10th for Apoc on my calendar, is it all right if I don't know whether or not I'm gonna come?

How's the war gonna be organized? Someone please e-mail me info cuz I don't have enough time to read through this article... Thanks!

~Mystic~

AZN PRIDE!

#157 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:27 AM

weather forecast says that thunderstorms are likely for next sunday =\.. hopefully that'll change.

#158 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:13 AM

They said it would rain today too... but as i sit here i only see the sun and blue sky.

#159 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:01 AM

Well last time I checked it was supposed to be sunny with a high of 83 on August, 10. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#160 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 12:11 PM

It will probably be sunny with ocasional sudden unexpected downpours and drizzling, like it has been for the last couple of weeks. But that's never stopped us before.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#161 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 01:31 PM

As I recall, it rained through a round of Apoc last year. So it shouldn't be a problem.

#162 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:13 PM

Weather has been weird, but screw that I'm no pussy. I'll play in the rain, its not like foam melts. Oh, and because we have an anti-homemade group, I'll bring my eagle eye too. It shoots the same darts as the E-11 so it should be cool. Honestly, this sucker is not that powerful so there shouldn't be a problem.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#163 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:35 AM

whats the E-11?

#164 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:38 AM

Weather has been weird, but screw that I'm no pussy. I'll play in the rain, its not like foam melts. Oh, and because we have an anti-homemade group, I'll bring my eagle eye too. It shoots the same darts as the E-11 so it should be cool. Honestly, this sucker is not that powerful so there shouldn't be a problem.

Isn't the E-11 a laser rifle from Star Wars?

Maybe I'm playing too much SWG...

Anyfuckingways going to NJ tonight. Bringing a shitload of shit that I'm gonna be mod grinding today.

Also I need a shitload of darts. I'll give two max shots to someone if they make me enough... IM me...
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#165 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:25 AM

If you look closely, the weather forecast is the same for Friday-Sunday. In other words, the National Weather Service doesn't even know when these thunderstorms are going to hit. The timing of the storm depends on fast or slow that front in the midwest moves. I'm thinking that we should be alright though.

Weather for Pine Beach
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#166 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:46 AM

Dammit! This frickin' sucks!

Okay, my dad said it was definite that I was gonna go... and that he would drive me. Now, at the last minute, we're going on vacation! Through the 5th through the 11th! Even though vacation is fun, I'd rather Nerf in New Jersey... :wacko: So, screw all the turtles, I'm not going! Sorry...

#167 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:13 PM

Dude, that blows. I'm sorry to hear that.

#168 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:50 PM

Yes E-11 is a blaster from star wars, and the name of my homemade rifle, which at this point I'm questioning if I'm even going to bring or not. Anyways I'll figure out whats coming and hope to god I only get 20 welts, see you guys in a few days,

Talio.

#169 Miller Charlie Company

Miller Charlie Company

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:22 PM

Bring the homemade why not. I have no disagreements about it. and when or if I do then ya can out it away. I personaly dont care. If there are some reason why it shouldn't be brought do let me know, but other than that I dont mind.

#170 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:07 PM

Mmm... alright.. I REALLY need darts and I have no motor skills as you all know, so I suck at making them. All i need is one 20' roll'zworth of Micros and I guess Zeros so you can use the same FBR. Assuming one roll of 1/2in FBR gives out 120 darts, I'd like 75 micro stefans and the rest in zeros. I have THREE NIB max shots and cash.. please post offers. I'd like the best quality possible too... please be nice to poor little children like me... sucky darts will make me suck only more...
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#171 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:11 PM

Wait a minute....run spellcheck.exe on MCC's post...no spelling errors??
/SB reference

We dont allow homemades, Seth's paintball gun got outlawed, so that transfers to homemades. That is, unless it really sucks and cant kill someone, I guess.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#172 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 03:24 AM

Ok, so no homemade? Damn, you guys should have posted that in the damn rules. Now it can kill, but as far as guns go, it has horrible firing rate. From what I used to do with it back in the day, was get about one shot off with it and then whip out the side arm and allow that to do the rest. Really I think of it more as a musket than a rifle. It fires just like one. Each shot needs to be set, charged and loaded. It's range and accuracy aren't that great either, making it more of a shotgun where as it doesn't fire THAT far and it's accuracy is a bit all over the place. I understand the concern, and read Evil's article and agreed with almost all of it. I have moded paintball guns and made weapons similar to Boltsnipers rifle, but I hated them, unfair advantage. So I built a gun that kind of equaled out a bit and definetly has it's advantages and disadvantages. I need to know the ruling here, because if I can' bring it, I need to re-establish my arsenal and time is running short, let me know. What I can do is have two set ups, bring the homemade, give a demo and then it can be ruled upon then. But in reality, I only have one or two guns that are even worth anything, I've been out of the loop for a damn long time (7 years maybe?). Now if someone could possibly bring a spare that could fire 1/2 in. stefans, that would be good. So far the set up is this; E11 MustGet (homemade) with the Eagle Eye. Thanks guys,

Talio.

#173 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:57 AM

We do allow homemades. The only thing is, that if they can cause serious bodily harm to anyone, we won't allow it. Since eyewear is encouraged, but not mandatory, we need to know that if a dart might just happen to hit an eye, that the eye won't explode into a gooey mess of eye juice. If you've got yourself a homemade that say, shoots well over 200 feet, i'd suggest finding a way to reduce the range drastically, or to just keep it at home. But, you SHOULD definately bring the E-11 or whatever it's called. We'd love to see it shoot, and we can all admire its godlike range and accuracy.. if it has that.

I think that it says that if your homemade is brought, that we all vote, and if even a few say no to it that it stays in your car or on the side during the battles. Hopefully that helped some Talio. There will be extra guns there.. That's for sure. I know the twins have a mini arsenal that they like carting around to every war, and most of the LCM members have picked up a 2nd & 3rd gun for use at Apoc.

Also, from what i'm observing, there will be a good amount of micros in addition to the usual assload of megas that are at our big wars. This being said, mod your guns accordingly. My advice is to be able to shoot back whatever is shot at you.

Flagging tape is gonna be covered by Hersh, and Twin 1 I'm pretty sure.

Iono if anyone else mentioned this, but I think we're just gonna have a free schedule to do as we please. Instead of having strict game then game time slots, we're gonna figure everything out right before the round starts. This might not be very organized, but it allows us all to have our say, and do what we want to do. However, we should try to get in a few CTF and Siege rounds, since they're quite enjoyable.

GunnedDown I only know a few people in the LCM that have the motor skills required to make massive amounts of Stefans. Personally I can only produce about 20 - 30 an hour, due to lack of motivation, and the boredom that comes with the job. Try to spread the process out over the next few days, and just don't wait till the night before.. like so many of us do.. to make ALL of the darts you're using for the war.

LCM guys, We need a practice day this week to make sure our guns are in tip top shape, and whatnot. Lets try to get one going?

#174 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:45 AM

Very cool. I actually tested the damage of my gun on my girlfriend (smart huh?). Although this test did concur that my gun does in fact inflict serious wounds and bodily harm, most of it was done to me after the fact (hey, I shot her, I was asking for it). Now for the english speaking folk, if you get shot in the eye, it's going to hurt for a while, maybe turn red, but not fucking blind you. It's really not that powerful and gets ranges of 60-80 feet on a good day if that, on top of a horrible firing rate makes this gun very close to my heart, but not uber powerful. Reason I even use this gun is because I miss the lamari super max 5000. I never let my idiots friends look at it, let alone touch it. But when I so sophmorically handed it over in a small skirmish, the sucker broke. I was heartbroken, the gun was discontinued. After that I built the E-11 to replace it. It fires alot like that gun did, only with a worse rate of fire. The gun I will be bringing is a brand new version to replace the other I built when I was thirteen and promptly smashed into ablivion as I slammed headon into my house while running frantically from my neighbor with a BBB (graceful, ain't he?). Perhaps this should clue me in, perhaps I will be branded a pussy a blasted into a thousand peices on sunday, or pehaps I will just go home saying to myself, "This oil bath is going to feel soooo good". Either way you can look at me in the backround rubbing my metal genitals with a hand rag (please tell me there is a true Star Wars fan on this string that knows what I'm talking about). Either way, my forte has never been my gun, or my shooting, nor my random pointless Star Wars babble that will for sure brand me as a pussy. My forte is simpling bringing a peace offering of beer branded cups and another car to stash crap in. I'll see you guys Sunday,

Talio.

Ps. When are you all getting there? I'm thinking of showing up real early so I can scope out the park, walk around, get a feel for the terrain, and familiarize myself with the place so I don't end up pacing in circles like Tuskens following a clown car.

#175 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:08 AM

im prolly gonna go around 10 or 10:15.. if i wake up in time for the war that is. but thats a good idea. Everyone that hasn't been to the park should show up at least a few minutes early to allow for a guided tour of the park, or something like that.

And your gun doesn't sound like a death machine, so bring it. Those are the ranges that ours get, and if you feel comfy using a homemade, then more power to you. If it looks like a hell cannon, the range tests'll prolly still be wanted.. it's understandable.

See yah Sunday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users