• 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:33 PM

I also do XC and Track.
My 3 mile kinda slow -19:07
2 mile slow also -12:08
1mile -5:13
800 -2:20
400 -59sec
I go to Arcadia High, where, if you guys know anything about high school track, hosts one of the biggest Track&Field invitationals in the Country. Yep. Arcadia Invitational.
Anyways to make Talio happy, I don't think that being a good runner helps alot, because when you're carring around a couple of guns, you don't usually run any faster. Plus, on big maps, you don't usually run around all the time, so physical endurance doesn't really matter too much. The only time I see as it being useful is if you have to play on a wide area and you can reload while running away fast. Usually people don't chase you all the way when you're playing in the hallways because people always set traps.
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#27 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

The keys to running in Nerf are as follows.

1. Being fast enough so that people don't want to run after you in the beginning rounds.

2. Having enough endurance so that no one will run after you later in the day.

Running helps. The amount it helps depends on your playing style and the playing field. I choose to adapt my playing style to my ability to out run others. It comes in handy when I'm stuck unloaded or I need to chase someone else down. The ability to run also helps with hit and run attacks; if only I had accuracy. ;)

If it really concerns you guys. I ran 4 years of Cross Country, Winter Track, and Spring Track in high school. Believe me when I say I sucked. My times were never that good, and I never made a varisty team.

I have just recently picked up running on a recreational level in college. It is really helping me shed that freshman 35 (lbs). :P At this point, I'm just trying to stay in shape to Nerf and do various other activities I enjoy while staying injury free. At the moment, I'm running about 2 miles per day, which shadows in comparision to the 12 miles per day I was doing Junior to early Senior year.

If it really interests you. I'll divulge some times. Keep in mind that these times are through my junior year, because my knees went to shit at the beginning of senior year.

5K ~ 18:52
3200m ~ 11:18
1600m ~ 5:09
800m ~ 2:20
400m ~ 63 (relay split)
200m ~ 29 (relay split)

I was never a sprinter. I think you guys can figure that out from those times. However, I did run negative splits on every one of those times except the 200m. Try running a 400m at negative splits one day; it's not that easy (1st 200m: 34s, 2nd 200m: 29s).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#28 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:29 PM

Oh, I didn't see the bicycling part in the title either, but yeah I love to BMX as well. Anyway I haven't done too much posting in the last three-four weeks but I have still been reading the forums and I've seen a lot of people getting pissed off at other people for just about no reason and then a huge post-fight ensueing (sp?) I know I've been loaded down with tests and homework for the last little while, but please come on you guys, Its a nerf forum lets just get along.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#29 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

I play football and I am a tight end/slot reciever. I run the 40 in 4.73 seconds, not bad for a 6'5" 228 pound guy. I also do track throwing shot and disc. I throw shot around 50 feet and disc between 145-155 feet.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users