My Master Piece

some history and now revolution

5 replies to this topic

#1 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:35 PM

For the better part of a year I've had a Crossbow with an at2k and sm1500 attached. At first they were attached to the exerior and single barrel.

I later integraed them internally one in the area where the original CB barrel went and the other below the x-bow's plunger tube in the fore grip.

Then over the summer the plunger broke and I could not fix it to my satisfaction. So I put another at2k inside where the plunger tube was and placed the quad barrel mechanism infront of it with 6" CPVC barrels.

I now have finished the last phase of this gun, I added 2 sets of quad brass barrels on the former singled at2k and sm1500. The upper barrels are in an old style sm1500 turret and the lower in at at2k turret.

I further added some lenths of cpvc hot glued into the butt of the gun to increase the rigidity.

Here are pictures of it after the first phase of modding:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'll post pictures of it's final incaration when I get the chance, as I don't have a digital camera handy.

Edited by J_cobbers, 07 April 2005 - 12:36 PM.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#2 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

I hope that the second phase looks a bit better, cause thats nasty. But still, its pretty awesome. What are el ranges?
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#3 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:03 PM

Heh, why'd ya bother with the Crossbow shell?

Sounds like you've made quite a primary, though. Good job.

Edited by Ash, 07 April 2005 - 02:03 PM.

Name's Ash, Housewares

#4 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:03 PM

Yeah that was pretty fugly set up, but it worked. There was a zero breach on the end of the x bow barrel so I coud reload it fairly quickly. The idea between the new mod is that I have 12 shots before I ever have to reload. It is still not the prettiest gun around but it should serve it's purpose.

The CPVC barrels seem to get the best ranges usually in the area of 90 feet. I haven't done extensive testing on the new brass barrels yet but the couple dozen shots I've done seem to vary more around 70-85 ft depending on the dart. One shot with a really bad dart went 50 ft., but in the same barrel a good dart went 81. I'm using 9/16th brass on the 2 new turrets so some darts fit more snuggly than others, where as the CPVC barrels provide a tight fit on all my micro stefans.

Once I make a fresh batch of micro's I'm sure the ranges will improve and be more consistent.

Ash:
I used the x-bow shell for a few reasons:
1) It was already my primary and I am really attached to it,
2) I didn't want it to go to waste,
3) It's really a comfortable gun for a big guy like me (I'm 6'2'')
4) It made an excellent base to hold all those turrets and new internals.
5) It just looks bad ass to have 12 barrels of long range foam fire power at your disposal. :nugget:

Edited by J_cobbers, 07 April 2005 - 02:19 PM.

#5 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

The idea between the new mod is that I have 12 shots before I ever have to reload. It is still not the prettiest gun around but it should serve it's purpose.

How many shots do you get before you have to re-pump, though? 3?
Name's Ash, Housewares

#6 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

How many shots do you get before you have to re-pump, though? 3?

Well each turret is rigged to a seperate pump, so yes I can fire three shots before I need to repump anything. This also lets me pump and fire off each turret in turn. It would be kind of nice to have them all linked up to one pump but I don't know what kind of valve system I'd need or where to get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users