Photo

My Game

2 replies to this topic

#1 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:42 AM

Ive talked about it a couple times on this forum, so I thought I would post a link to the game I've been working on.

The game is called "They Walk Among Us". Its a modern sci-fi Live Action RolePlaying game (LARP). A LARP is basically a roleplaying game in which the players look like and act out what their character is doing, kind of like scenario paintball/airsoft with more depth and an ongoing story. Most LARPs use airsoft, but I decided I wanted to go with Nerf (stock guns and ammo), because its more financially accessible, and I just wanted to try something different. Im currently working on the project by myself, so progress is pretty slow. Im hoping to have the rules ready and playtested by the end of the summer, and run my first event by Halloween.
~~Link~~

The story has alot of horror cliche to it, with a few twists. In a nutshell, a virus was discovered that has the ability to bring the dead back to life. The only problem is that the brain's wiring gets messed up during reanimation, and the primary instincts of searching for food and searching out other people gets merged. The dead begin to search out living humans as a source of food.
The reanimated dead also act as a sort of viral factory, producing a non-lethal form of the virus that is spread through the air. So, 99.9% of the living population is infected with the non-lethal version. The only catch to it is when they die, they automatically reanimate.
The game's story line begins a few weeks after all of the rescue stations set up by the government have collapsed, signaling the end of society as we know it. Some people have grouped themselves into encampments, others have formed maurading gangs or death cults.

If you are interested in playing or helping to write the rules, feel free to stop by the forums (they're a little inactive right now). Constructive criticism is always welcome.

#2 CTA then and now

CTA then and now

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:34 AM

OFF TOPIC:Check this out. It's a zombie infection simulation.
Simulation
BACK ON: Sounds pretty cool... so it's like scenario paintball... but scenario NERF.
EDIT: Ya know what... this sounds so cool, I think I will help you out Parapsycho. I'm going to go register on the forums right now.

Edited by CTA then and now, 02 April 2005 - 11:36 AM.

Ecstasy is all you need
Living in the big machine

#3 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

Wait, LARP?

It's been discussed http://nerfhaven.com...ic=1676&hl=larp
If I'm not mistaken:

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

(If you don't get it, don't ask)

EDIT: Ha, I'm right: http://www.dc101.com/videos/shmoo6.mpg

Edited by IronRhino, 02 April 2005 - 07:18 PM.

She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users