Photo

News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

185 replies to this topic

#76 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:22 PM

talio, when will you be able to tell us what guns are being re released?

#77 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

We will tell you as soon as we are allowed. What good would it do for us to hold back this information if we COULD tell everyone?
I hate you.

#78 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

Ohh, please, please let it be the Gator! I have un-controllable love for it, and what a joy it would be for them to rerelease it!!!!! ::sarcasm::

Anyway, any airjet gun (PC, SF, WF) or something of the like would be nice. But with Talio saying we will all be shocked? It must be something great, if HE thinks its great. Hopefully fall 05 comes soon. I would cry if it was a LnL, BBB, or A-storm, because it would ruin the old school feel. No offense, but all the new nerfers will just ahve those, and they will be as the old school ones. I like the fact that if you want a better, older gun, you have to search, and pay good money, but now everyone will have a LnL, and BBB, and then it will feel like noone does. I mean, you will still know which is the older one (the new ones would prob. have a new color scheme) but still....it would ruin the pimp factors of these old-skool hipsters.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#79 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:59 PM

I would cry if it was a LnL, BBB, or A-storm, because it would ruin the old school feel. No offense, but all the new nerfers will just ahve those, and they will be as the old school ones. I like the fact that if you want a better, older gun, you have to search, and pay good money, but now everyone will have a LnL, and BBB, and then it will feel like noone does. I mean, you will still know which is the older one (the new ones would prob. have a new color scheme) but still....it would ruin the pimp factors of these old-skool hipsters.

Amen to that. dang I was actually thinking the same thing 5-10 mins before you posted ;)

Instead of seeing things like Titans, AT's, and nite finders, you show up to war, and each new participant has a crossbow. Ugliest sight ever.
Morons With Guns own you.

#80 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

Instead of seeing things like Titans, AT's, and nite finders, you show up to war, and each new participant has a crossbow. Ugliest sight ever.

Espeacialy when I would look everywhere for a crossbow, and newbs are just getting them for 25$. They sometimes even mod them terribly, which kills me seeing a great gun go to waste.

Talio and OMC, thank you for sharing that information with us. Although, I wish you hadn't told us about the new gun, I'm dying from the suspense.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#81 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:20 PM

I would love for it to be a BBB or LNL--both of mine have recently broken.

#82 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

It won't be the BBB because they lost the patent for arrows and we have nite finders so why would we need an LNL.

EDIT You could probably fix your guns.

Edited by navy seal, 26 March 2005 - 05:10 PM.

Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#83 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:21 PM

I disagree with you. They did lose the patent but that doens't mean anything. They can easily fabicrate new arrows to fit it. On the NF that may also be true but I think an Lnl is still a possibility. I wouldn't give hopes up on any guns except the crossbow( thats just not happening)

EDIT: While we don't need lnl's because theres NF's, noobs dont know the difference on which is better or not. Habro is focusing on sales here, not to impress our community and making us happy( thats just an added enscentive ;) )
O ya and Everyone pray for the triple torch. Thats just a good gun right there.

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 26 March 2005 - 05:42 PM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#84 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

Honestley, i'd put money on it being the splitfire. I think there are a few reasons for it.

#1, Talio seemed very excited about this one. I really don't think he would get too excited if it was something a gun like the lightning blitz or mono blast.

#2, The splitfire was a pretty successful gun. The whole design is very simple yet very effective. It packs a huge punch in a small package. That also means that the production costs will not be as much as it would be with something like a 1500 or BBB.

#3, Hasbro KNOWS that the NIC will buy loads of these. Even a guy like me who doesn't even nerf anymore would pick one up.

As i said, i've got a hunch its going to be the SF.

#85 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

#3, Hasbro KNOWS that the NIC will buy loads of these. Even a guy like me who doesn't even nerf anymore would pick one up.

Ok, let's get something straight. Unless the NIC as a whole spends 123 million on new Nerf guns in a single selling season (never going to happen), we don't even make a blip for nerf sales. This is neither confirming or denouncing your prediction, rather it was something I had ask them that hasn't been answered yet.

The reason they are interested in us is because we are enthusists. There's no reason to alienate people who like what they do. The designer flat out told me when I asked if we have any influence over what he makes he gives me a baffled look as if I have a second head growing out of my shoulder and says, "Of course".

At another point, and I believe it was their marketing guy (Thanks for the brews) who said the two things they think are whether we like the gun and if Moms will buy it. I think we really can't ask for much more then that.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#86 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

$123 000 000 in sales, for just the Nerf part of Hasbro? That's alot of money, Talio, for just Nerf to rake in from any buying group.

I don't care which gun is rereleased, I just think it'll be the Eagle Eye or a redone model of it.

Edited by Black Wrath, 27 March 2005 - 10:43 AM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#87 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:00 AM

Well, Talio said we'd be f'ing floored. I don't know that I'd be f'ing floored by an Eagle Eye or Splitfire (although I wouldn't mind the Splitfire at all). I'm thinking of stuff that would f'ing floor me: BBB, possibly LNL, anything from Vortex Line, some stuff from Super Maxx line, Manta Ray, or PC. Since the PC deal fell through last year, I'm thinking it's unlikely we get it as a re-release. It would be nice if he was just saying we're never going to get a Crossbow, and then everyone is f'ing floored because we do get a Crossbow.

#88 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

Once again its not going to be the supermaxx or vortex line. Its impossible. If hasbro was going to re-release them, they wouldn't have bought those two companies out in the first place. It just doesn't make any sense for them to release guns that they put out of comission themselves.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#89 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

Please be a A-storm, Please be a A-storm, Please be a A-storm...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#90 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

Once again its not going to be the supermaxx or vortex line. Its impossible. If hasbro was going to re-release them, they wouldn't have bought those two companies out in the first place. It just doesn't make any sense for them to release guns that they put out of comission themselves.

And what about the Airtech series that was a rip of the supermaxx series?
Morons With Guns own you.

#91 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

All the more reason why supermaxx wouldn't be released.

~ompa

#92 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

And what about the Airtech series that was a rip of the supermaxx series?

But SuperMAXX was better. Better shells, and there were some better guns. They didn't release the SM750 or the SM5000 into the AT line, did they? Boy do I miss the old days...
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#93 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

could you tell, does the fire fly attatch where the scout went, were the hornet goes, does it not attatch, or is it a titan replacement? sorry if this has already been answered, im kind of a noob to this site. :rolleyes:

#94 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, it doesn't attach to the, uh, Unified Power Complex.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#95 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:14 PM

Clearly if Hasbro bought the lines out, they saw they were good enough to eat up Nerf's market share. I think it makes perfect sense to bring back the Vortex and SuperMaxx lines, but I don't think it's likely that the re-releases will be those guns. However, I guarentee you that would f'ing floor me.

#96 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:39 PM

You guys are so fucking stupid. Being a noob doesn't excuse you for not fucking reading, jackass. The Firefly does not attach anywhere to the Nstrike.

Black Wrath - that was there estimated revenue for last year, so shut the fuck up.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#97 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:42 PM

Black Wrath - that was there estimated revenue for last year, so shut the fuck up.

Talio.

Heh, alrighty there, Talio. I'm sorry that I questioned your numbers; I honestly didn't mean for it to be read as an insult.

I'll never know why you jump right to the "shut the fuck up" retort, but it's getting old and it's losing it's touch and authority. Could you even consider a civil and grammatically clean reply?

Again, I apologize for questioning your numbers.

Edited by Black Wrath, 28 March 2005 - 07:42 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#98 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:44 PM

you ALL need to chillax.
~SS

#99 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

I can't belive chillax is now a real word...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#100 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

Talio.

Heh, alrighty there, Talio. I'm sorry that I questioned your numbers; I honestly didn't mean for it to be read as an insult.

I'll never know why you jump right to the "shut the fuck up" retort, but it's getting old and it's losing it's touch and authority. Could you even consider a civil and grammatically clean reply?

Again, I apologize for questioning your numbers.

Shut the fuck up. Continue the conversation.

Talio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users