Spellcheck

Dont deny it, you all cant spell

8 replies to this topic

#1 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

I am inquiring about a possible spellcheck button that we can use while we're posting. I'm sure I dont just speak for myself when I say that we all aren't expert spellers and that we dont like to read other people's posts with tons of errors. If you find my idea to be impractical I propose plan B.

PLAN B- Rid the world of those teachers that suggest that they taught us how to spell.

-Terminator
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#2 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

I go with Plan B.
Honestly, I don't think it's too hard to read peoples' posts, and I have a feeling this feature would take quite a bit of coding and time.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

Yep, I like that idea. I know I can't spell...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

I think we are big boys now and can spell correctly. If you don't know how to spell a word correctly, look it up on dictionary.com. If you have a long post, copy and paste it into Microsoft Word so it will correct all that good stuff for you. Whenever I don't know a word, I just throw my misspelled word into an ichat message so it corrects it for me quickly(I just had to double check how to spell "misspelled").

-However, a spellcheck button would clean up posts very nicely. I've never seen a forum with spellcheck.

Edited by CustomSnake202, 20 March 2005 - 06:39 PM.

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

Ok, here's a couple of routes you can take.

1. Type your post in word.

2. Learn the language well enough that people will be able to understand you without using spell check.

3. Get firefox and find the spell check plug in.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:40 PM

Alright, I think that says enough. I'm going to see if firefox has a spellcheck plugin.

-Terminator

3. Get firefox and find the spell check plug in.

Right, now exactly how do I do that? Thanks.

-T-

Edited by Terminator, 21 March 2005 - 04:45 PM.

"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#7 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:46 PM

You type "firefox spell check" into google. I'm feeling nice though, so heres a direct link - http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/ .

#8 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

I just use

Dictionary.com

That way not only do I know whether I spelled the word right, but I aslo get to see if it's the meaning I want.

Edited by Bad_Karma, 28 March 2005 - 07:50 PM.

Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#9 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

Yep! Thats what I use. Its really great.

A little off topic, but another cool reference site I found is Answers.com. You can put in any keyword you want, and instead of giving you a list of sites to search through, it gives you actual iformation right away. Really helpful!
(I saw that Talio mentioned it in another topic, but its just really cool. And, look! We're in the links under "Nerf"! Yay!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users