Photo

Ages Of Nerfers

how old?

96 replies to this topic

Poll: How old are you? (115 member(s) have cast votes)

How old are you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:15 AM

Hey fastkill. My birthday's the 20, but since I got school we'll be doing it Friday 22, because we got a day off that day.

Sorry, but I don't remember anything about the 13 thing. Suspend me if you will, but if you check my other posts I always use correct grammar and only had the problem about the "Achh" thing.

Please don't suspend me!

=desperate cry for pity...What's the verdict?

Personally I think you should have stuck with the birthday argument only...
Indiana '11

#27 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:27 AM

I would be the other on the list Bolt, Talio and I share a pint now and again.
I hate you.

#28 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:55 AM

My birthday's the 20

Account Suspension Notification

Sohei,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. This has nothing to do with your actions on the forum but rather that you don't qualify under our terms of service. You're welcome to return on your 13th birthday.

Your account will not be functional until Mar 20 2006, 10:53 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#29 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

Also 24, just had my b-day a week and a half ago. So Boltsniper what's you're posion? Me I like Linenkugals for beer, Rum and cokes, whisky sours, and white russians for my mixers.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#30 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:48 AM

I'm more of a microbrew guy. My favorite beer is Weinstephaner, but as far as massed produced, I'm a Yuengling man (mmm mmm, the budwiser of the east.) I'm not much for mixed drinks. I like straight chilled rum, Captain (Special stock or otherwise) or Bacardi limon if I'm trying to just get the job done. However, I'm really a beer guy, and do enjoy a nice 40 of malt liquor now and again if I'm hanging with the homies.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#31 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:30 PM

You need to come to brunswick dude, I keep telling you. The Microbrewery here makes some good damn stout.

VACC

#32 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:25 PM

I'm going to challenge myself to do a best-of without duplicating a variety. I generally only drink porters and stouts but those are definitely not for everyone.

1. MacTarnahan's Black Watch Cream Porter - My current favorite. Flavors of bitter chocolate, roasted coffee, anise, not too sweet.

2. Stone Imperial Russian Stout - Gourmet meal in a bottle.

3. Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager - Proving that a lager can have loads of flavor.

4. Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale - Good starter beer to wean your friends off that Bud and MGD swill. North English style medium body ale.

5. Chimay Grande Reserve Blue Label Belgian Ale - Cellar this beer, it goes from excellent to amazing after sitting around for a few years.

#33 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

How much of that is exlussive to the left coast?

Some of the beers I enjoy:

1. Weinstephaner - nice Balvarian pale ale (tastes like lager) brewed for the last 1000 years in a monistary. Great beer, smooth as hell, fruity taste, definetely my favorite. Oktoberfest staple at German cultural centers if your lucky enough to have one in your area.

2. Elephant - When you absolutely positively have to get every mother fucker in the room drunk, except no subsitutes. Got 10 friends coming over? Buy a couple six packs of this delicious malt liquor (no, really...it's good), and watch them all slowly walk funny. It's a belgium brew, tastes great when your trying to get the job done and not have some of the more unpleasant personal day after effects of the general malt.

3. Warsteiner - this is a pretty common German brew. It's good, nothing special, just a step above the crap that you can buy at normal liquor stores.

4. Anything Dogfish - Dogfish brewery in Delaware, it's avaible all over the east coast. It's good stuff.

5. Hopsdevil - Victory Brewery, Downingtown PA. This guy finds it's way onto the top 100 American beers every year. Not bad if you like Indian pale ale. I'm not a fan, but I'll drink it.

6. Sammy Smith Lager - Little drank due to the fact that Sammy normally has better stouts, but this is definetely a solid beer. Would put it slightly above Weinstephaner as far as taste, but I just don't like it as much, something about the texture. Definetely a solid beer.

7. Stewarts Stumblin' Monk - This one is availible at Stewarts pub in Newark, DE exclussively. I've drank alot of beer, but easily this is the best. It has a three drink limit and for good reason, trust me, I tested it.

8. Anything Black and Tan - I have never had a black and tan I haven't enjoyed. I like them all. Don't go the distance on this stuff though, trust me. You'll be..um..detained for most of the next day. Mississippi Mud is a lesser known, cheap as hell version, but I can drink it.

9. Cobra Malt beverage - Kidding.

Helpful hint - The bottle cap trick. Keep all the bottle caps in your pocket. At the end of the night, take them out, count them and drink that many glasses of water. You'll feel full all the next day, but you'll feel like champ. This has been tested and proven by both myself and my good friend TheFred, as well as many other that I pretend to hang out with and like.

Don't drink and drive. Get your drinking out of the way and then go driving.
- George Carlin

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#34 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

Woah.

Although I am old enough to drink, and have had my fill in the "earlier days", I no longer drink, except for special occasion dinners, and then only one with a meal, if any.

Being in Hawaii limits the amount of micros to choose from, but Gordon Biersch Restaurant and Microbrewery makes a wonderful Pilsner that doesn't go down "syrupy", and is probably my favorite accompaniment with good food.

Lacking that, I usually down a big can of Foster's every now and then. That, or whatever my brother-in-law brings to the house in his cooler.

-Piney-

EDIT; Talio hit it on the head; a glass of water for each drink, right before bed, will prevent the worst effects of hangover. It sure gives the kidneys and bladder a workout, though.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#35 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

How much of that is exlussive to the left coast?

#s 4 and 5 are non-US and available in most good liquor stores. My corner Vons has both.

#3 is easier to find in the south, I can get it here at liquor super-stores and at Cost Plus Imports.

#s 1 and 2 are pretty hard to find. I get the Mac at Trader Joes and the Stone at bevmo. You can probably get both at a liquor super-store but they're worth begging someone to order for you.

#36 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

21 march 30th.

#37 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:02 PM

16 so I only have my permit, you need to have your permit for 6 months until you can get your junior license. Come on August 18th....
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#38 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

12, goin on 13.

Edited by last_man_standin_, 02 March 2005 - 04:04 PM.

Black Masks & Gasoline

#39 Lorschpriester

Lorschpriester

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

hehe.... im 26 !!!

@talio
you are right, weihenstephaner is GREAT. its available in a store down the street
where i live ;) ! weihenstephaner is a famous beer, because its the oldest
you can get. as far as i know they brew it since 1040AD.
i like the so called "kristall weizen". its filtered beer and looks crystal clear !
is great in summer, when the sun is burning and you are having a bbq.....
AAAAAHHHHHHHH, wonderful ;)

want to know more ?
www.weihenstephaner.de
they do also have a enlish translation !

furthermore, warsteiner is ok but not A+
whats fine is "Darmstädter", its brewed in the city i live. here in germany nearly
every city has ity own brewery. they often sell the beer only in their local county.
also close to the city i live, we have the "worlds biggest beer market"
(http://www.maruhn.de , no translation). they trade also american beer from
the united states, but dont be upset: "lone star beer" tastes like dish-washer-water.
one of the foreign beers i love is "newcaslte ale" from great britain.

#40 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

Fuck this place, I'm moving to Germany.

Talio.

#41 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:10 PM

19, last year as a teenager.

...Wow, that's surprisingly more depressing to type out from my point of view than it is to simply read it.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#42 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

Why? Still "Nerf's most eligible bachelor"?

~ompa

#43 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

one of the foreign beers i love is "newcaslte ale" from great britain.

Mmm... Costco had Newcastle at $18/24-pack last month.

#44 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

Fuck this place, I'm moving to Germany.

Talio.

Can I go with you? We can live with my relatives.....
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#45 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:23 PM

Say it with me Karma....felony.

Talio.

#46 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

Damnit...I keep forgetting that little fact...well it won't be in a year and a half big man! :(
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#47 stevo123

stevo123

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:21 PM

I am perhaps too young and have not developed a taste for beer, but there are so many other types of alcohol which I prefer over it. The only exception to this is an ice cold beer on a really hot day. Otherwise I would prefer to drink pretty much any of the womanly Smirnoff flavored drinks.

One of my friends also has a rather large wine cellar in her house which provides for a near endless, and non-missed for the most part, source of wine. White wine, of at least decent quality, really hits the spot sometimes.
Stevo123 of DCNerf. Web site coming soon.

#48 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

I like beers to look like my soul. Guiness or blacker you pussies!

#49 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

Cheap buzz-PBR
Payday perfered-Mackeson Triple Stout/Three Floyds Robert the Bruce

#50 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:53 AM

I like beers to look like my soul. Guiness or blacker you pussies!

You and Talio.

Post-Armageddon party at my house. I'll buy the beer.

Shinny has already RSVPd.

Oh come on, who the fuck voted 12 or under now? Time to go check the logs. Idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users