Photo

Crayolas On An At3k?

5 replies to this topic

#1 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

I've become very comfortable using stock micros for all of my guns. I just picked up one of those double 3k packs at Toys R' Us and was just wondering if there was any way you can crayola an AT3K to shoot red stock micros. Should I just do Cx's mod on the site and just cram crayolas into the barrel stubs? Will that do? Any help will be appreciated, thanks a bunch.
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

If the innards of the AT3K are anything like those of the AT2K, I imagine you could single barrel it with a Crayola barrel by just shoving it onto the white thing where the air enters the turret. I did that to my 2000 and it works great. I can't find schd. 40 CPVC, so I just did that.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 06 February 2005 - 04:59 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

Yes, you can crayola mod the AT3k, like Cx's mod. Except I'm not sure if you can use those rings, but there shouldn't be a need if you do all your gluing right. Don't single barrel an AT3k- if you're going to single barrel one of the two, single barrel the AT2k. Very similarly-sized airtanks (AT3k is slightly bigger), and the AT2k is like 1/3 smaller. But the tradeoff in range isn't worth the size in my opinion.

~ompa

#4 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

Plus the fact that you'd be losing five good-ranged barrels, decreasing your ROF tremendously. Just expand an AT 2K's tank with some vinyl tubing, hose clamps, and a drained liquitron...

Edited by Falcon, 06 February 2005 - 07:25 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#5 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

How are you supposed to cut the barrels without damaging the central rotating mechanism? What I used for my AT2k was just an ordinary hack saw, but I'm not sure if it is precise enough for the AT3k, since there are more barrels. Any tips? Thanks.
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#6 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:40 PM

First take off the piece you see a screw in the middle of the barrel assembly, then carefully cut through the barrels and stop when you get to the pole in the center of the turret.
Morons With Guns own you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users