J, really, if you want the job it's yours, untill then, try to grasp sarcasm and satire.
Oompa, don't say your sorry, and then insult me. Just be a man and say what you mean. I attack Merlinski cause he'll argue anything, even satirical thoughts meant to merely twist the mind for no apparent reason. For god sakes I was explaining a point made by George Carlin. He's a comedian! So rather then coming at me tellling me how flawed my logic is, take a step back and think about what your argueing. This would be a good time to practice choosing your battles wisely. My problem with Merlinski is that I made a mistake, never admitted not to, and then clung onto it like shit on velcro. Then accused me of using a term wrong again, which was flat out untrue. Not to mention I stay firm on the fact that I think it's fucking (yes, fucking) stupid to write up posts that are pages long to post them on a Nerf chat board, which Merlinski is notorious for. I told him to shut the fuck up because A. He's not going to pull that shit on me, and B. I don't want to see him hijack a perfectly good thread for some stupid half assed comment I made, that wasn't even an original thought. Thanks to the rest of you, and him, you've still managed to fuck it up royally. Good job.
Thirst makes a good point here, whinning. Just shut the fuck up people! It was all a joke. The idea of euphamizing the term shell shock is supposed to be quirky and sarcastic thought, not something you base a holy crusade on. Jesus, you guys call me an idiot, yet your letting something paraphrased from a comedy routine ruin a thread. Honestly, to quote Maddox, how do you people manage not to choke on your own spit?
1. You jump on people for taking your post seriously when you posted in a serious discussion
2. You get mad to the point of cussing just because I made a mistake with a definition, when you do the exact same thing
3. You seem to be pissed at me that I "accused you of using a term wrong" when all I did was in fact correct your usage
4. The entire reason this started was because you started cussing after I corrected you
5. If your entire point was meant as satire, you probably should have been funny instead of serious about the affects on Vietnam veterans. Satire tends to be funny.
6. Now you're bringing back things that I've done in previous debates as some kind of sophmorish attempt at, well, I guess it could be construed as insult.
7. So what if I've posted long things in the past? I like debating with people such as Evil, and if we're both having a long discussion about something how does that put me in the wrong?
I told him to shut the fuck up because A. He's not going to pull that shit on me, and B. I don't want to see him hijack a perfectly good thread for some stupid half assed comment I made, that wasn't even an original thought. Thanks to the rest of you, and him, you've still managed to fuck it up royally. Good job.
A. Pull what shit, write for more than 2 minutes in a post? Wow, that's a real doozy there, we better put a rule against that in the TOS.
B. The only comment I made that wasn't entirely relevant to your point was, quite simply, "traumatic not dramatic". The rest of the reply in question was completely on topic.
It's really simple. You made a mistake. I corrected it then talked about your point. You overreacted, and are now trying to cover it up with more cursing and "it was satire". Just give it a rest. If you happen to feel like dealing with my completely valid point that soldiers in WWII were just as fucked up as the ones in Vietnam, I'd be happy to continue the discussion.
And by the way, I'm on the Brown University Debate Team.
Edited by merlinski, 12 February 2005 - 05:51 PM.