Using Army Guys

Anyone use army men to strategize?

11 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has tried using plastic army men to devise strategies for wars. I have drawn up a map of the area of land surrounding my house and have tried putting plastic army men on it to represent people in a Nerf war. Has anyone ever tried this? All the people I play with I could almost always predict nearly all their moves, because I know them really well, so I am able to move the guys on the board pretty accurately, like what would happen in a real situation. Has anyone got a better way? And yes, I have searched for anything I could find on this topic. Thanks.
SexD Warves

#2 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:13 AM

I saw army men on sale for 99 cents so I bought some and did that. I got bored after 5 minutes.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#3 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:28 AM

Wow, you're really lucky that you actually know what the hell your enemy is going to throw at you. (And that it's not made of metal ^_^ tee hee...)

Seriously though, I don't like any plans except really vague ones, one guy on the opposition with an automatic/long range gun that acts unexpectedly can rip apart anything else...

#4 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:06 AM

Sounds like a cool ida too give a war a realistic effect and would be cool to keep first timers interested, bu thats all i would really use it for. Whats the point of the army men when you could just draw a circle?
Black Masks & Gasoline

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:32 AM

Whats the point of the army men when you could just draw a circle?

Good point, I just like to play with army guys and Nerf guns, and I've got way too many of both (but you can never have too many Nerf guns).
SexD Warves

#6 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:37 AM

I think using army men for plannin is kinda funny but pointless. U'd have to have platoons of friends to really get the most out of it. While its a cool idea. i'd make more sence if you were fighting a nerf regiment with an army of people on both side.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:47 AM

Ha! Yeah, it is kind of pointless, and hard, but it is still fun to give the guys pretend guns and blast 'em off the table each time someone gets "hit". Even if I don't use the army men, I could still use the map to plan if I have some friends over. We don't have any big places to play except for a playground, but there are always little kids playing on it anyway.
SexD Warves

#8 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:10 PM

Also, you can't make an accurate strategy, because you have to take into account the variables like the hit ratio of a rusher, or sharpshooter.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:57 PM

So far, the best plan I've come up with is for the machine gunner or loser to hold down the fort, while the others stick together and move around.
SexD Warves

#10 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

Sounds way too childish to me, but that's just my perception. I think you guys need to put away your army men and just have fun with Nerf.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#11 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

Army men are fun to burn. With fire. And stuff.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

As it's been mentioned before in this post, army men don't really give you an advantage, as you don't always know what your enemy will do. There are, of course, some situations in which you could plan the beginning stages of an attack, or the end of a scenario (somebody cornered, for example), but it's a lot more practical, and fun, to play it by instinct, or just make plans on the fly.
Spectre of the CFM

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:16 PM

Army men are fun to burn. With fire. And stuff.

Hell yeah!
SexD Warves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users