waiting patiently

76 replies to this topic

#1 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:50 PM

This game better be good.
I have payed a lot of money to get my computer up to a 2.6ghz with 512mb ram and a 128meg Gforce 4
Any one else here as eager as me?

Edited by notorious_oxide, 01 November 2004 - 05:51 PM.

-------
COREY

#2 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:47 PM

Yes. It's what I've been saving up for since I played a leaked copy of it. Wow. All I can say is Wow.

Fun Fact: PCGamer gave the world exclusive HL2 review a 98% - one of, if not the, highest ratings ever given by PCG.
Spectre of the CFM

#3 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:50 PM

This game is going to blow my mind. Seriously. It will load up, Ill cream myself, then die.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#4 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:52 AM

I have been waiting a long time, it better come out on time in november!

It looks stinkin awesome.

#5 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:16 AM

it was meant to be released in february but because someone hacked into the computers they stole some files and had to start again (thats what i have heard)
November the 24th
i have preordered a copy

:cry:

Edited by notorious_oxide, 02 November 2004 - 06:17 AM.

-------
COREY

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:31 AM

Although I am a little disappointed with several of the lies from that ever-so-popular E3 trailer, such as "this is not a scripted event," the "we created a whole new engine" and "every polygon is a hit box, we don't use generic hit boxes" shit. Yeah, and you wondered why the hackers that stole the source code were trying to get Sierra and Vivendi to 'confess' to their lies. Oh well, I'm still going to play it regardless if it's a modded HL1 engine, they have generic hitboxes and even if those sequences were scripted.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:23 PM

Well this game will get me started on the path to blow my nerdy load, that is until MGS3 gets here and I call in sick a week straight.

Not to mention my computer is going to ROCK the 49.99 extra-cheap ass wanker Bronze package I bought, listen to these specs!

512 mb of ram, one stick that creeps along at a nice super slow clock speed. Right around 133 mhz I believe.

Superfly, super fast as hell AMD athlon running at 1500 mhz OMG! IT R RUN SO FAST ON TEH INTARWEB!

Radeon 9700..*

*Actually it's a 9500 running on 9700 drivers, with all sorts of wild ass 3d errors and it's generally slow giving me around 25-30 FPS in CS:S. Yay!

At some point it makes more sense to immolate your computer instead of upgrading it.
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

#8 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:47 PM

Well, it looks like its going to be very immersive thats for sure. The graphics look butiful(sp?).

Not to mention the amazing A.I. The first Half-Life's A.I. started a whole next-gen thing.

I'm getting it for Xbox. They are still making it for Xbox right?
~Halfling

#9 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:08 PM

Well, it looks like its going to be very immersive thats for sure. The graphics look butiful(sp?).

Not to mention the amazing A.I. The first Half-Life's A.I. started a whole next-gen thing.

I'm getting it for Xbox. They are still making it for Xbox right?
~Halfling

Yuk. Why? It wont be nearly the same game. The Xbox doesnt have the hardware to support that game well at all.

#10 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:13 PM

At some point it makes more sense to immolate your computer instead of upgrading it.

I know what it feels like.

Just curious, what kind of 9500 are you running? If it's a Pro, you can get Omega drivers for it, and there's an option to soft-mod it to a 9700. Works real nice like.

And if you're getting a processor, look into an AMD Athlon Mobile 2500+. They're built for laptops, meaning they're clocked a lot lower than their potential so that it doesn't overheat. With a nice heatsink however, you can get it to run at 3500+ easily. Might wanna keep it at 3200+ though, unless you like frying eggs on your computer.

1/2 n 1/2, I have to say you're a sad soul, buying a PC game for you Xbox. Especially HL2. God will never forgive you. Nor will I.
Spectre of the CFM

#11 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:47 PM

I got your back Halfling. I too will wait until HL2 is on x-box, for a two reasons. First off, my computer sucks and wouldn'y be able to handle it. Secondly, I prefer to play console games over pc. People call me an idiot but its true. I dislike aiming with a mouse. So yeah... thats all I got to say right now.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#12 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:43 PM

I got your back Halfling. I too will wait until HL2 is on x-box, for a two reasons. First off, my computer sucks and wouldn'y be able to handle it. Secondly, I prefer to play console games over pc. People call me an idiot but its true. I dislike aiming with a mouse. So yeah... thats all I got to say right now.

Same here, but I still prefer play it on my computer because you can play on the internet, which means It's like having your freinds there always playing with you. About the controller problem, I have N64 and Game Cube emulators, which I think are better than the xbox controllers. Also, I upgraded my computer recently so there are no lag problems.

Edited by FIDO, 03 November 2004 - 07:43 PM.

Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#13 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

Death to consoles. I hope half life 2 never comes out for a console. Hell, if I had it my way, no FPS would ever be created for a console system ever again.

And yes, I can't wait for HL2 to come out.

Edited by xedice, 03 November 2004 - 10:04 PM.

Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#14 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

Death to consoles. I hope half life 2 never comes out for a console. Hell, if I had it my way, no FPS would ever be created for a console system ever again.

Amen. No console FPS I've ever played has been worth my time (except maybe SOCOM, but that's just because the rest of the game is amazing). This isn't biased either, because I have lots of consoles, including PS2 and Xbox, and lots of FPS games to go with them, including, but not limited to, SOCOM, MoH: Rising Sun, Halo, and the GTA games (which belong on the PC, no matter what anyone says), so I'm gonna end this unusual run-on sentence and restate a simple sentence. Death to consoles.
Spectre of the CFM

#15 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

MOH: Rising Sun just outright sucked.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#16 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:06 AM

FPS for the PS2: "Killzone", heard of it yet ? Now it does look extremly good.

I like using a mouse over console joysticks to aim.

#17 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:35 AM

Yeah I'm a big Xboxer. My computer sucks ass so theres one reason.

I just like the Xbox more in general for gaming. I like the controller alot, and the Xbox also has great sound. I also can't belive how some games like Halo 2 make the Xbox look so great graphics-wise.

I don't really have anything else to say right now so...
~Halfling

#18 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:41 PM

and the GTA games (which belong on the PC, no matter what anyone says)

Man I was so pissed when I found out they released San Andreas for PS2 only. The first thought that came into my head was office space where they diddled that fax machine in the field. Only in my day dream it was a PS2.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#19 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

and the GTA games (which belong on the PC, no matter what anyone says)

Man I was so pissed when I found out they released San Andreas for PS2 only. The first thought that came into my head was office space where they diddled that fax machine in the field. Only in my day dream it was a PS2.

They are planning a PC release tho, arent they?

#20 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

I've seen a few videos, all i can say is WOW. The game looks nearley flawless.

Too bad i cant play it.

#21 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

Yes, but sadly the reality of it all is that it's a year down the road. :lol:

#22 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:02 AM

haha
LOL :lol:
-------
COREY

#23 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:10 AM

Yes, but sadly the reality of it all is that it's a year down the road. :lol:

Thats because they love the Xboxers more. ;)
~Halfling

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 05 November 2004 - 07:10 AM.

#24 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:48 PM

...the GTA games (which belong on the PC, no matter what anyone says)...

I concur, and in response, I think its certainly not a matter of them loving Xbox owners more, or any console owner 'more' for that matter. If they expand their market they'd find they'd probably find their sales of PC purchases would rival that of the PS2 sales.

My entire dorm floor cried out in one single moan of displeasure when we found it was only for PS2. Then when one of the few guys on my floor got it for his PS2, we raided his room.

#25 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:31 PM

...I think its certainly not a matter of them loving Xbox owners more...

I was just joking.
~Halfling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users