40 replies to this topic

#26 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:24 PM

So Groove by posting a question open for debate is the ok sign people to open there mouths and let the garbage fly? Is this what the dirt slinging political campaigns has reduced us to, abandonment of articulate reason whereas the person who can use the most four letter words win?

And famine excuse my skepticism, and by no means do I mean this against the state or anyone else it is to prove a point that an argument can be made civilly;

Oh for the love of christ, who fucking cares? You think you're gonna high-and-mighty anyone here into submission? Fine, you think you're hot shit, we think we're hot shit, let's just leave it at that. The who's who doesn't really hold up when no one cares.

And believe me I've had my share of these arguments before. Been happening since the god-damned nerf-list@cent.org and it always will. No one backs down online, but it just doesn't matter. When you're pointing your crossbow in their face you better believe every word out of their fucking mouths is cordiality itself. But again, who cares, to you I've about as much credibility as Al Sharpton as a Wings convention. Right? I mean, YOU know you're better than the rest of us, so what else matters? Precisely. So let's just leave it at that. I'll say fuck you, and you'll deal with it. That's just how it works around here, dig?

VACC

#27 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:50 PM

The thing is, they have earned the right to be arrogent...they're badass in real life too.

Anyways, hosyting an interstate war isnt the easiest thing to do, so I suggest you nerf with the NJ guys, then maybe, if its convenient for everyone, host your own wars, the tournament is your dealio, I dont know what your talking about.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 20 October 2004 - 03:52 PM.

ko

#28 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:07 PM

So Groove by posting a question open for debate is the ok sign people to open there mouths and let the garbage fly?

If you're going to debate about something as trivial as this, please, by all means - make a thread for it, and see how long it takes for the first flame. When you throw your ideas out to people you shouldn't expect to hear what you want to hear all the time. That's not how it works around these parts.

Is this what the dirt slinging political campaigns has reduced us to, abandonment of articulate reason whereas the person who can use the most four letter words win?

...When I opened this thread the first time, people were discussing the negatives of making nerf a competitive sport. Where the fuck are you pulling this shit from?

Oh for the love of christ, who fucking cares?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by GrOOvE, 20 October 2004 - 05:10 PM.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#29 Malgaar

Malgaar

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

I wouldn't take away the free expresion we get here at NH--some people just beg for flames with stupid posts. But the thing is, about half the topics devolve into arguements about other people's forum ettiquite (sp?). But this forum is what it is--going to a tangent free system of posting would make the place dry and boring, because most posts woud go unread and unanswered. I don't know--I sometimes just don't want to wade through another flame about some guy's grammer to get to the Nerf. Just my opinion.

#30 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

Well said.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#31 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:55 AM

Well said Malgaar, well said.
Personally I find it more annoying when people get really uptight about spelling and grammar than when people misuse spelling and grammar.
I'm concerned with ideas, as I think most people here are, or should be. I really couldn't care less if a new member posts a response about a mod in all caps, even if he misspells it. But as long as his post was justified and had some value, I hold him in higher regard than people who go on for pages arguing about absolutely nothing of value. Please make a judgment call, don't say cx is gonna ban them, etc. If there is a problem, Iím sure cx doesn't need your two pages of calling a person a n00b to know if this person shouldn't be posting in our forum.
Just to show what I would compare it to, what I have seen recently has been as if the people yelling whoever they're calling 'n00b' act as if they're a troll. Yes, it's been that hostile. I don't need to list links, simply look through old posts made by new members. Shit, if they didn't come back I don't blame them at that point.
So, lets all chill out and smoke some reefer, or something. It's better than yelling at on another, no matter what it's about. Besides, Kerry lit up!
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#32 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:07 PM

...going to a tangent free system of posting would make the place dry and boring...

Did this thread even have a topic to begin with? The guy who started it never replied, and after the first three or four posts none of the replies had anything to do with this guy's event. You could easily chop off the first few posts after that and put them in their own topic, "What are your thoughts on double elimination tournaments in nerf?" and then take the posts after that and put them in a topic titled ,"Who are the best nerfers/nerfer?[NJ]" and then the posts after that could be filed under, "My problem with the quality of posts lately is...[rant]"

Edited by Langley, 21 October 2004 - 01:09 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#33 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:21 PM

So your take on watershed management under the current environmental policy is what exactly?

#34 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:40 PM

Pineapple is right guys. I think of all the clans in the world, the LCM had to be the most God damn anal of them all. When we first started, we nerfed just about every Sunday for a year or so. Then we kicked it back to once every couple of Sundays, then it was a few big wars a year, now its like one war a year. That's probably due to these forums going downhill (not the forums and sites themselves, just the posts).
I lost my original train of thought, but it reminded me of what a teacher was talking about today. His view on the Little League was this:
The Little League was a great idea. Kids could get together and play ball together. You know, it gave them something to do, get outside and exercise. Then some idiots decided that the teams in their neighborhood weren't fun enough anymore, so they started the World Series and all that. So these kids are flying down to Florida, or driving to Long Island, to play in these stupid things. As a result, these poor kids aren't even doing it for fun anymore, now its to win this God damn tournament or whatever. And the parents are going crazy, shouting and beating up the refs, killing each other, and it sucks for everybody.

He kinda trailed off at the end and went into a new rant about steroids. But its the same for nerfing. Its alright if you wanna drive to other areas to play, and hell, if you wanna put money in and let the winner take it, go for it. As long as everybody is having fun, why not?

I'll be surprised if anyone actually got this far.
319 nerfers didn't get this post
319 nerfers will realize the above is a ripoff of Maddox
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#35 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:17 PM

So until such time as a tournament of champions can be arranged then Evil and everyone else the question still remains unanswered.

Come to one of our wars. Bring as many friends as you can. Please. It won't be a tournament but it'll be fun. And I stand by the LCM or Horsemen being about as good as your going to get teamwise. You can argue otherwise when we have a fun, noncompetitive, friendly game.

I'm not sure if you're new to Nerf, because I was the same way about winning when I was new. But now its ten times funner to have stories and do fun things rather than win. But that's a matter of growing up with the game.

And about the LCM calling hits, I'm proud to say I'm pretty easy going about that stuff. And the cold, I don't mind, ever.

Hmm, and next time, take a joke. "Depends on the day" was meant as a jab to when the Horsemen and LCM go back and forth when we war.

They [the H-Men] never read these boards any more as far as I know though.

Edited by Evil, 21 October 2004 - 06:18 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#36 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

They [the H-Men] never read these boards any more as far as I know though.

Vacc emerged from a month of hibernation to post in this very thread yesterday.

#37 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

Oh we're here.... we're always here. I'm just at the point where I won't respond to any asshole's comment anymore, you have to be an exceptional asshole, an asshole on the galactic scale if you would, such as Ender. Once such a Galactic Asshole emerges from the infinite void of space, to pronounce his Cosmic Judgement of Ignorance, then I post. Or to back up Evil.

Evil still amuses me from time to time, much in the way that Megatron amused Unicron. Only Evil isn't as cool as Megatron was and his minions in the LCM are no where near Decepticon level. But in all fairness, my one-liners aren't as good as Unicron's and Ash is no Cyclonus. So we're even. Either way, fuck Ender. I have left fuckin New Jersey to Nerf with other people. Hence, I can say, New Jersey Nerfers are better, ass. Now unless you midwest fucks are experimenting with the possible applications of Alien Semen in Nerf guns which you collected while on your interstellar odysseys I doubt you're going to bring anything to the table I haven't seen before. Regardless of your past affiliations with argentinian soccer or whatever.

As for fuckin Gardens in the Garden state, GUESS WHAT I HAVE IN MY FUCKIN BACKYARD ASSHOLE, A GARDEN!! AND WHAT DO MY GRANDPARENTS HAVE IN THEIRS? WELL, IT'S ANOTHER FUCKIN GARDEN!! AND MY UNCLE? I'LL BE, A THIRD GOD DAMN GARDEN!! AND MY NEIGHBOR? WELL, IT'S POT BUT YOU SHOULD SEE IT GROW!!!

Fuck Ender.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#38 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:24 PM

First off this is a civil debate where ignorance and profanity when used to stress your point only make you out to be an uneducated fool.

And now I'm double posting because I just caught that comment. So let me get this right.... the use of ignorance will make me out to be uneducated. Fuck, you must be on your school's forensics team because you are fuckin good my friend!! FUCKING A+ FOR THIS ONE!!! Ass, I'll give your mom a civil debate when explainingt to her why she should have sought the service of a professional with a coathanger while carrying your worthless fetus.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#39 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

*Raises hand* Right, well I'm the new guy, who doesn't even own a Nerf gun yet, and let me just say this, from experience in running online gaming groups, and various other things similar.

Get your dicks back in your pants and quit trying to compare yourselves. Honestly you sound like a couple of 11 year olds that just discovered pubic hairs.

Now, if you want to be respected, you want to be treated on a decent level, then quit bitching, quit talking shit, and if you really are that damn worried about it, then perhaps you should: 1. Get your asses to a part and Nerf the hell out of each other until someone's got to be carried out. OR the better idea, 2. Realize what Nerfing, or any other group activity with friends is really about... Getting your ass away from a computer, TV, and getting out somewhere to enjoy time with your friends.

So, keep it in your pants gentlemen, though that term doesn't exactly fit a majority of the people posting here.

#40 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • State:California

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:43 PM

*Raises hand*  Right, well I'm the new guy, who doesn't even own a Nerf gun yet, and let me just say this . . . Get your dicks back in your pants and quit trying to compare yourselves. Honestly you sound like a couple of 11 year olds that just discovered pubic hairs . . . Now, if you want to be respected . . .

Wow. Your list of credentials is almost as impressive as the words you chose to talk down to the people who actually own a gun and know what the fuck they're talking about.

This thread is such a mindfuck. It hurts my brain. If you thought you had anything anything useful to contribute to this complete clusterfuck of thoughts you've missed the train about a page and a half back.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#41 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:06 AM

I hate closing threads but this eyesore is like the fucking energizer bunny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users