Nerf Tourny Nj Come All 13+

tournament NJ mid nov. ages 13 and up

40 replies to this topic

#1 run4fun2221

run4fun2221

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

Tournament, Teams, Food, Painful foam Darts, everything. Will be elimination rounds, Pm me to register. I may do double elimination. Other stuff well anyway...

PM to Participate :wacko:

O bring your own guns and ammo!

Edited by run4fun2221, 17 October 2004 - 01:01 PM.

#2 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:46 PM

Never mind, thats wierd though...

Edited by nerfspecialforces, 17 October 2004 - 04:37 PM.

QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#3 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:18 PM

And it would be nice to know where exactly we will be playing. :wacko:

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

No one is gonna drive 100 miles t play 2 rounds and leave. We nerf becuase its fun, not to get competative.

THIRST
ko

#5 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:01 PM

Yea, here's a revalation too, if anyone's going to come they will want to discuss it as a group. This insures that 3 people don't show up expecting 30. Use this topic like it was intended, post particular information and get people interested. Your smoke and mirrors approach harms your credibility when trying to sincerely start an event.

So...

Where in NJ?

When?

Which clan or individual is hosting?

What do you mean by tournament?
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:46 PM

I don't know how many people would be interested in going to a war hosted by someone they've never nerfed with before. Why don't you try coming to the next big NJ war instead of hosing one yourself?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

Tournament, Teams, Food, Painful foam Darts, everything. Will be elimination rounds, Pm me to register. I may do double elimination. Other stuff well anyway...

PM to Participate :)

O bring your own guns and ammo!

Guys, he doesn't even have a clan. He said earlier he'd bring his friends. Elimination rounds take the fun out of NERF. I take you've never had a big war efore, and you want people you don't even know to drive from New York and Pennsylvania to NERF for a 30 min. tournament?

#8 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

Well this kind of brings up a topic I’ve had with my crew. Elimination may be one thing like air said driving for a 30, unless there is some kind of incentive. I mean a buy in like Texas holdum, winning team takes the pot, teams of 4 or whatever the host would be looking at. Or instead of buy (cash) in gun in, this depends on gun per person or group depending on the rarity of it and such. We all nerf for fun, I have wars at least once or twice a month indoor and out. And wars with as many as 20 or so people, but mostly I like to keep them around 10 or so for indoor, my guys are quite good and have been doing this for some time. Which raises the question who is the best?

#9 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:40 PM

Well, I've only had to pay for one nerf war in my entire life and while I will admit that the wat itself was pretty good the fact that I had to pay to enter it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. That fee didn't even include my lunch and gas fees. The NJ guys I nerf with I consider friends, and nerf wars with them are more like hanging out with old comrades. Sure there is competition in team death matches, but it is much better when the teams are made up at random. Let's face it, the trash talking is half of the fun. :)

My question is why there is such a need for some type of a tournament?

I for one am not willing to drive potentially half way across the state to go to a nerf war where I could perspectively be out in 5 minutes or less; it just doesn't make sense. Long wars that have many rounds are more informal are much more fun and worth my while than a tournament.

I don't mean to discourage any of you, but I just don't see it and probably wouldn't attend. There are a few reasons for this. The first is that I am in college in Virginia and won't be home until the weekend before Thanksgiving. There is also a NJ war planned over my break; I don't know if you noticed that topic though. My other reasons are listed above.

You guys are more than welcome to the NJ/East Coast wars. More nerfers are never discriminated against at our wars. Just come looking to have a time that is more informal than your tournament proposal.

If you guys want to host another type of war, I'd consider coming. I do understand that you may have travel restrictions since I don't know if any of you drive. Just lay out the dates, time, and location like my good friend Evil showed you, and I'll give you a reply.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:39 AM

Well, I've only had to pay for one nerf war in my entire life and while I will admit that the wat itself was pretty good the fact that I had to pay to enter it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. That fee didn't even include my lunch and gas fees. The NJ guys I nerf with I consider friends, and nerf wars with them are more like hanging out with old comrades.

Well if you mean ECNO, that was for insurance. It wasn't like we had to pay anyone for the field or the war itself, we just had to pay the insurance fee to use the speedball court.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

Which raises the question who is the best?

The LCM. Or the Horsemen. Depends on the day.

As for money getting involved, try not to. Nerf's about friends and bragging rights, not wallets and such. Nerf with us, we'll show you how its done kiddo. We're the nicest bunch of guys and we always mean well even when we're kidding around.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:48 AM

Which raises the question who is the best at whining about the cold and calling hits?

The LCM.

Fixed. :angry:

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:50 PM

So true....so god damn true.

I've already given you my piece in HQ over this, but I wanted to back up my royal east coast gathering. Yes, while the payment idea sucked, I garantee next years ECNO (which will no doubt happen in my mind) will resemble our current wars much more then the paintball field did. It was an idea, it kind of worked, it will never be done again. Those who were there can say they did it. Next time I'll find a place we won't have to pay for. But I agree, bringing money into the realm of Nerf just sucked. I hated having all that money that wasn't mine, and I know I got some feeble feedback on it. But this is an issue for next May, not now.

In reference to this war...yeah I'm not interested. We really have an established group who plays will together (for the most part), and if I'm going to make the drive, I'd much rather play with our rules, on our terms as we always have. Most of what nerf has become to me is a chance to get away from home and my mundane daily routine. Not to mention for thsoe of you who traveled to Delaware, you see what I live with. So yeah, if we're going to have a war, lets have a war.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:39 PM

Ok it seems a few of you guys are missing the point.

For Evil to come out and say “The LCM. Or the Horsemen. Depends on the day.” Is a rather unfounded answer to my theorized question.

The point being if you are the best then you should have no problem playing with higher stakes in a tournament. Weather its money, guns, or just a big ass trophy. If you are that confident in your team then it shouldn’t be a problem forking over 5, 10 bucks a person in hopes of winning the prize.

So until such time as a tournament of champions can be arranged then Evil and everyone else the question still remains unanswered.

#15 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

I'd hate to Nerf with people who care that much about winning. Raise the stakes and you raise the dickhead quotient.

If you want a big elimination style tournament go play paintball.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#16 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

Again it’s not about anything other than if someone is saying there are the best then let them prove it. If Evil thinks someone or group is better than another than prove it is the point I’m making.

#17 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

Which raises the question who is the best at whining about the cold and calling hits?

The LCM.

Fixed. :angry:

Langley, considering that you and your clan spend more time organizing bathroom breaks and placing calls to AAA than actually Nerfing I find your position to rank Nerf clans highly dubious. Evil's first assessment was right, at one time I would have said that we were hands down better any day of the week but given our recent state of affairs it would be presumptuous for me to say that now. Anyways, don't get me started, it's a sore subject. At the very least we were still able to beat them out by a narror margin at the last clan vs. clan war (even at a one man disadvantage).

As for Ender, dude, shut your fucking face because you are starting shit you are not qualified to handle. Why the fuck should we have to pay $5 to say our clans are the best? Why should I make other people pay $5 just so I can ruin their shit? Between the Horsemen, LCM, and Talio we've played with or against every noteworthy Nerfer in the country so we should have a good idea of how we stack up. Now if we had to pick a best singular Nerfer that'd be near impossible, but clan? Shit, outside of NJ you're dealing mostly with scrubs. Some good players on the West Coast but they don't seem to have the same mentality or hardcore attitude you find here on the East Coast. They're slackers.

Unless there's some covert group of Nerfers training in Assfuck, Indiana researching the implementation of alien glow in the dark cum in Nerf gun engineering I feel confident in my clan's claim to the top spot.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#18 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:37 PM

Hey I have the perfect solution...

We can just say the philly guys are the best and leave it at that :angry:

#19 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:46 PM

First off this is a civil debate where ignorance and profanity when used to stress your point only make you out to be an uneducated fool.

Second what you guys organize as far as wars what 3 maybe 4 times a year, my friends and I do once or twice a month. My friend has over 30 acres of land and I own a 100,000 square foot building. I’ve been doing this for 10 years so when ever you guys want to come out of the garden state your more than welcome that is if you can handle it. Thus Famine the gauntlet has been thrown without resorting to profanity or your momma jokes.

#20 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

First off this is a civil debate where ignorance and profanity when used to stress your point only make you out to be an uneducated fool.

When you throw shit at the fan:

Which raises the question who is the best?

You can't be choosy to which kind of shit flies back and nails you in the face. You're just asking for fucking trouble. Which leads to the first quote in my sig...

Edited by GrOOvE, 19 October 2004 - 09:58 PM.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#21 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:34 PM

I think the perfect answer to this whole thread is....WHO GIVES A FUCK?! Honestly, you know I've never once hit Vacc without it being a double hit? You know I've seen Joe stand on his fucking head and get a hit? You know I got rushed by Evil Angel and had to make a quick desicion, in which while after scrutenizing, he just had the upper hand? No you don't know that shit...cause it doesn't fucking matter.

I don't give a rats ass whose best. While yes, Famine is right, we have played against a large majority of players and are thusly able to access players skill fairly well. I feel in particular I am good at this. Ask anyone at the DCN wars about the teams I make. There are those of us who possess a similar level of skill. From what I've seen anyone who associates with the NJ wars has a level of skill that group together. No one really DOMINATES the NJ wars. I will tell you at this years Gnomefest, the LCM had a pretty stellar day. In fact, I've never seen the LCM work so well together since I've been in the community. Then again I can remember the March War last year, in those six man games where I really dominated the game. I remember the second Apoc, Hersh was in some kind of fucking trance all day really stomping it up. I can remember again at March war when Phil, Fred and I took out the other team in a matter of minutes. My point here is that people who play together have a pretty similar skill level. The Horsemen have been out west, I have been to the Washington area, and from what we've gathered, other then most of the modifications being one step up from stone age, we seem to have a real edge over other communities. Now there are two other major communities that I would be interested in playing against. The South east guys, and the Mid West guys. I'm really interested to see what they can do. They're relatively new and unheard of, but it seems that they are pretty active.

Even if you were to get these teams together, and they are all entirely sober, it's still no proof who is the best. It's proof of who had the best day. Face it dude, it's the nature of nerf.

Talio.

Edited by Talio, 19 October 2004 - 11:38 PM.

New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#22 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

So Groove by posting a question open for debate is the ok sign people to open there mouths and let the garbage fly? Is this what the dirt slinging political campaigns has reduced us to, abandonment of articulate reason whereas the person who can use the most four letter words win?

And famine excuse my skepticism, and by no means do I mean this against the state or anyone else it is to prove a point that an argument can be made civilly; however, given the highways and lack of gardens in your state I find it difficult to believe that in a sport where as physical endurance is a factor. That anyone in your group could claim to be the best simply because you’re from NJ. And I don’t say this out of spite but based on personal experiences, when I was in Chile playing soccer for a team in Santiago it physically made me ill training in the city due to the pollution levels in the air given their heavy car traffic.

And Talio I appreciate your response and ability to think and place your thoughts and ideas in a coherent and articulate format. If you would care to come out and try on some of those Midwest Nerfers let me know. We may be new to the forums but have been doing this for many, many years. I have 20 some guys I nerf with on a bi-monthly basis, let me know if you want to get something together.

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:41 PM

I'd hate to Nerf with people who care that much about winning. Raise the stakes and you raise the dickhead quotient.

If you want a big elimination style tournament go play paintball.

I'd have to agree there.

I chose not to get into competitive paintball (even on the local level) because when the sole focus is only on winning, it really does take the fun out of it. Yes, it may be somewhat amusing, but the pressure of needing to win, or buying equipment and stuff to make one "look" like a winner, and the subsequent trash talk to those who don't meet their standards, would suck the life out of anything resembling a fun event, in my humble opinion. That's why I stuck with field play with random guys with rentals. They have the most fun.

It was different here. When I discovered modified Nerf guns (and Nerf Online) in 2001, I found out how much fun plastic toy guns could be, in an office setting. No attitudes, no griping about winning or losing, and lots of "fun" trash talk. I Nerfed. My kids Nerfed. My staff and volunteers Nerfed. Life was good.

When I stumbled upon Nerf HQ the next year, I found a community that was growing, and I (under my old screenname) became part of another aspect of Nerfing; sharing ideas and thoughts with like-minded people across the country (and overseas too).

The last two years has seemed to turn into a series of "one-upsmanship" episodes, starting on NHQ, and everyone trying everything to get a "custom title". That was one of a chain of things that basically degraded the overall quality of the forum posts to where I once looked at every new post, I skip over most of the stuff to only what may be constructive and positive to the community. Mind y'all, it may only be the work of a few recent sign ons, but crap, I don't pretend to be some know-all that's been in the community half my life. I just got into this and really enjoy the information exchange with many of you.

This "who is best" thing just drains the life out of me. That's why I interrupted the thread here with my rant. Or maybe I'm getting too old and senile.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:43 PM

Ender buddy, I don't think you should assume what NJ is like until you live here. I can assure you that after 21 years of existence in this state, the environment has not hindered me once to do a single thing, Nerf or otherwise. Anyone who is affected by NJ's "pollution" has problems to begin with.

I am also looking for some new competiton as well. I would be more then willing to caravan ANYWHERE to show why NJ Nerf is what it is. Talio, I include you in this cause you are like a brother from another mother to me homie. I can't wait to be done with school and hopefully find a real career that allows me more felixbile scheduling. Once that happens, I can dive back into nerf with the "huzpah" I had when i first started. Talio reminds me of me, but with more free time (somewhat) and the abilites to organize and attend way more wars.

As a final word, Nerfers of the garden state UNITE! (yes even the LGLF) :w00t:

Eye Heart Langley
I hate you.

#25 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:50 PM

Allright, now saying that your clan is good is one thing. Sure, most good clans war together, those of us who dont make it to the major wars have no reason to keep a solid clan together. But to say that you have played against every noteworthy nerfer is just completely stupid. You think that perhaps because someone isnt willing to drive to NJ they lack skill? How arrogant could you be?
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users