H2O Eh-Row

HAMP longbow airow

4 replies to this topic

#1 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 09:42 PM

Since r/Nerf is indefinitely borked, maybe I should inflict my weird builds on older message boards instead?

SO. Did you know you can make some minor cuts to a Five Below water blaster and make it shoot Nerf darts at alarming speeds?
6019bb22d7f497c0.jpg

Did you know that said blaster can also work with a cheap fiberglass longbow you got in like 2013?

7aeffca2c9b0f0cb.jpg

Did you know you can just sort of tie it all together and make a toy weapon that feels tantalizingly useable?

af26fefb2896f0cb.jpg

...are you sure this thing is on?

#2 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 04:23 PM

So, performance-wise, I love it. It feels like it could be commanding in open spaces and it's just plain fun.

But one of the problems I've had for the longest time is structure. I have the damnedest time getting the parts to stay in place in a way that's sturdy, but also reversible (I'd like to still be able to shoot arrows from this on occasion). I've thought about using hose clamps, but with all the different axes I need to join... maybe I can drill through the clamps and screw a pair of them together? With a layer of camping mat foam in between to cushion the parts?

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 11:52 AM

Since r/Nerf is indefinitely borked, maybe I should inflict my weird builds on older message boards instead?

You say "inflict", I say "delight"

But one of the problems I've had for the longest time is structure.

This might sound primitive, but... have you considered just putting globs of hot glue on it?

#4 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 09:49 PM

You say "inflict", I say "delight"

This might sound primitive, but... have you considered just putting globs of hot glue on it?

I say "inflict" because I'm not sure how many friends are as insane as me.

And no way I'm trusting hot glue with this. Not only do I want something reversible, but it's let me down in way less kinetic applications.

I have some new hardware on there now. It's a bit of a Frankenstein still, but . I think I can actually use this!
c222d86bc3f52529.jpeg

No official numbers for the speed and it's pretty inconsistent, but I'm pretty sure this thing easily hits 100fps.
4523469b7864c474.jpeg

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 11:14 AM

I love everything about this post.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HAMP, longbow, airow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users