1 reply to this topic

#1 Glue

Glue

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Okay, so I'm trying to make a double plunger tube rainbow pistol

My plan is just a y pvc joint for a barrel to plunger thing

the a weird system with some upside down catches to get one pull to release at the same time 

My hope is that I can get a full seal (no anti-vacuum loading holes) and to use doubled [k26] in each plunger tube. 

So any thoughts, sincerely 

Glue

#2 Xhosant

Xhosant

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

Not much experience here, but I'm not sure this would work as hoped.

If I understand, you want to double the force behind the dart by doubling the propelling mechanism.

The first issue is that the Y connector is a whole lot of empty space, eating up your precious pressure. That means a double-volume chamber (which doesn't need to be twice as big) can do better than that, with fewer modifications.

This wouldn't solve issue #2: your barrel length needs to be relative to your chamber, so the pressure built is exhausted just as the dart gets out: too long, and the dart ends up suffering friction from the barrel for no payoff. Too short, and not only is the remaining pressure wasted, it follows the dart out of the barrel, creating turbulence and destabilizing the dart.

That would mean that for a double-chamber rainbow pistol (or a twice as big chamber), you'll need an approximately double-length barrel, making it no longer a pistol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users