Drill drill motor motor stampede stampede motor stampede motor replacement

2 replies to this topic

#1 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Hello again NH,

Recently, I found a nice old drill in goodwill without a handle, so I bought it for the motor. It is a motor from a craftsman 12v drill. My thoughts immediately went to cramming the fudger into a stampede. Sure, it would look like the stampede had a tumor, but it would fire faster/harder then the normal motor.

So I did some research to find specs on the motor. I couldn't find the drill online, the motor specs, or any information other then a sold out battery supposedly for the drill on sears.com. So.

I looked at stampede replacement motors. I found this thread/post on the Nerf sub Reddit ( https://www.reddit.c...KUN&sh=0d4c2375) and I have in the past made a NH topic on stampede replacement motors.

But I found no documentation of anyone using a drill motor in a stampede. So that's what I'm asking about here. Does anyone know or suspect any major problems (other then reinforcement and gearbox stuff) with this project? Would a 12v drill motor be able to meet the stampede's requirements for function?

Thanks,
Silly

Edit: This post will also be posted on Reddit for more people to be able to answer.
( https://www.reddit.c...ZTW&sh=eda8ded3 )

Edited by Silly, 20 September 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#2 alex t

alex t

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

none i can see exept being to big

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

PLEASE USE CAPITALIZATION, PUNCTUATION, AND THE REST WHEN YOU POST. IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A RESPECTABLE MEMBER AND NOT A FOUR YEAR OLD WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT RED SQUIGGLES UNDER A WORD IN A FIELD MEANS.

Edited by Ice Nine, 25 September 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#3 Chickun Smell

Chickun Smell

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Any motor will work provided it has enough power (one from a drill certainly would) the only problem would be fitting it in the stampede.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Drill, drill motor, motor, stampede, stampede motor, stampede motor replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users