Photo

How large are your arsenals?

14 replies to this topic

Poll: How large are your arsenals?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How many blasters do you own?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Simple question, how many blasters do you own? And how massive is your store of magazines/clips/belts and ammunition?

I would hazard to estimate I own 31 blasters of various types, most being flywheel powered. I have one Rival blaster, a Khaos, and just the one Khaos magazine, and a store of around 100 HIR's. I do have numerous semi-and-full-auto blasters, including a JLCustomsCreations Rapidstrike and a Regulator as centrepieces of my arsenal.

I would estimate my .50-cal dart stores to be somewhere in the realm of 1,000 darts and I have 18 18-round magazines, 8 22-round magazines, one 35-round drum, one Magstrike clip, one modded 75-round Vulcan belt (no Vulcan though), an enforcer belt and an Enforcer, as well as probably 9 Demolisher rockets and about 60 Mega-caliber (.75 caliber) darts.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

I have two 55-gallon totes full of working blasters, a 30 gallon tote full of dead blasters for parts, a 20 gallon basket full of overflow, and a couple more random blasters floating around the house at any given time.

I don't actually have that many magazines, which is an issue. I'd say I have about a dozen 12 rounders, 4 18s, 2 25's and a 35 for darts (I give the 6's away to kids). Three 40's and two 10's for vortex but one of the 40's is disassembled. Five boomco 40's and two 20's, plus some random small ones. Fourteen or fifteen Rival 12 rounders (they were on sale for $6 so I stocked up). And three vulcan belts. I have 600 good darts (waffle) a gallon ziploc full of random colored elites (I give the blue ones away). Two Gallons ziplocs of vortex discs, two gallon ziplocs of rival (mixed headshot and nerf) 1.5 gallons of boomco darts, and a drawer full of random large ammo (zing arrows, nerf arrows, balls, demolisher rockets and XBZ rockets). I also have a plastic shoebox full of IMR's and alkaline batteries which I would consider part of my nerf ammo.

I also have a good sized box full of stocks, slings, barrels, grips, scopes, etc. Some of which are useful and some of which are not.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

I don't collect, so what I end up keeping is what I use (or my son plays with). So I only have 7 at the moment.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

I think I'm sitting somewhere between 40 and 60, but I both have kids and do collect, so I keep some older, interesting, blasters many would pass up or ignore. I'm considering liquidating my Boomco stash, which is like 20% of the collection though.

#5 Bubba Longshot

Bubba Longshot

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

I don't collect, so I only have...5 blasters. It's all I need though (2 primary blasters, 1 secondary, and 2 backup).
As for magazines, I have two 6 mags, and one 12. Yeah, I know, that's not much; however, I don't fire that many darts in wars (1 shot 1 kill!), so it works for me.
I also currently have around 75 elite darts, 24 accustikes, and 15 "elite" stefens.

Edited by Bubba Longshot, 04 August 2017 - 10:50 AM.

"The only thing that sucks about Nerf modification is the anxiety that something will break... That's why we reinforce a whole lot!" -Me

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

I don't collect, so what I end up keeping is what I use (or my son plays with). So I only have 7 at the moment.

This throws me off so much.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Im sad that I'm the only 500 person. I used to buy every cheap large nerf lot on eBay.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#8 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Im sad that I'm the only 500 person. I used to buy every cheap large nerf lot on eBay.

I just don't have space to store 500 blasters.

#9 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

I have two 55-gallon totes full of working blasters, a 30 gallon tote full of dead blasters for parts, a 20 gallon basket full of overflow, and a couple more random blasters floating around the house at any given time.

I don't actually have that many magazines, which is an issue. I'd say I have about a dozen 12 rounders, 4 18s, 2 25's and a 35 for darts (I give the 6's away to kids). Three 40's and two 10's for vortex but one of the 40's is disassembled. Five boomco 40's and two 20's, plus some random small ones. Fourteen or fifteen Rival 12 rounders (they were on sale for $6 so I stocked up). And three vulcan belts. I have 600 good darts (waffle) a gallon ziploc full of random colored elites (I give the blue ones away). Two Gallons ziplocs of vortex discs, two gallon ziplocs of rival (mixed headshot and nerf) 1.5 gallons of boomco darts, and a drawer full of random large ammo (zing arrows, nerf arrows, balls, demolisher rockets and XBZ rockets). I also have a plastic shoebox full of IMR's and alkaline batteries which I would consider part of my nerf ammo.

I also have a good sized box full of stocks, slings, barrels, grips, scopes, etc. Some of which are useful and some of which are not.

In terms of actual ammuniton, you seem to be doing much better, next time I have $500 to throw around I'll likely order 4,000 EKind waffle tips, but then again, I have so many magazines because I tend to supply others when I nerf, and that means I have to loan out mags all the time.

Well, you do have the slug under your belt, I guess you can rest on your laurels~

I think I'm sitting somewhere between 40 and 60, but I both have kids and do collect, so I keep some older, interesting, blasters many would pass up or ignore. I'm considering liquidating my Boomco stash, which is like 20% of the collection though.

Boomco's likely going the same way as vortex and dart tag, might as well save them up for when people look for Boomco to collect and make a good paycheck off it.

I don't collect, so I only have...5 blasters. It's all I need though (2 primary blasters, 1 secondary, and 2 backup).
As for magazines, I have two 6 mags, and one 12. Yeah, I know, that's not much; however, I don't fire that many darts in wars (1 shot 1 kill!), so it works for me.
I also currently have around 75 elite darts, 24 accustikes, and 15 "elite" stefens.

Not even an 18... Still, what do you use?

It's a pain in the arse to store my collection, and my tactical gear, and electronics, let alone 15 times as many as I have, I get it XD

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#10 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

I have the attic and the geust bedroom of the house filled with 30 gallon bins filled with nerf. It's a hard thing to manage, but I can try.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#11 Shade Wolf

Shade Wolf

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

I would say I have about 20ish but then I remembered that is only counting primary, like main, agressive blasters, I have far too many pistols I can't even imagine how many I own, I know I'll soon be relieving my possession of maybe 15 or 20 blasters soon, but as of now I'd say Im most likely just about the 50ish line.

Edited by Shade Wolf, 06 August 2017 - 08:27 PM.

I Mod and know things.

#12 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

I should count, I'm really sort of estimating. I don't collect anymore either...blasters I have on hand are a holdover from my minor collecting days that I can't bring myself to get rid of, or that I've built. Of that collection, I have one that I use 95% of the time.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#13 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

I dunno, more than ten, fewer than a hundred. I've bought and sold a hell of a lot of them over the years.

#14 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Eight 40 gal totes, I estimate 120+ total.  I as well have kids so why get rid of them!

The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#15 RedKombat

RedKombat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

i have around 30 blasters, most of them both as lots on eBay. i used them to play with my son and making video with him. he used them with his friends of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users