Alright folks, it is that time again! Join the nerfers of the Pacific Northwest for Panwar 2!
Date: Sunday, August 13th, 2017
Time: 10:00AM until 5:00PM-ish, with lunch around 1:00PM.
Location: Same as last year, Fort Borst Park, Centralia Washington. Super easy to get to from anywhere on I-5.
Schedule of events:
(Subject to change)
Stuff to bring:
- Eye protection. This is mandatory, not up for discussion. No glasses, no play. Recommend Z81+ impact resistance. If you happen to forget yours, we will have some extras, just in case.
- Water. Mid-August and all. Powerade might be a good idea too. I had a leg cramp last week while sweeping for darts, which was only alleviated by Powerade. Aging sucks.
- A single-barrel pistol. At least one game will require a single barreled micro dart pistol, no revolvers, Boomco darts not recommended for that game.
- A ball blaster, HIR-compatible recommended. At least one game will feature ball blasters only. You can certainly use Ballistic Balls or Zurg-style 30mm balls, but Rivals and Sceptors will probably dominate the field. We'll have some extra Apollos available to borrow, just let us know if you need one.
- A missile or rocket blaster. At least one game will require use of a Demo/XBZ compatible blaster. We should have some extra UMBs and such available to borrow, but please let us know in advance so we can make sure to bring enough.
- Darts/Ammo. We do have a cache of public-use full-length darts. Pretty much on your own for half-length stuff, though. If you bring homemade darts, Slugs, silicone domes, and other soft-tipped darts are great. DO NOT bring glue domes, they will be sequestered from play and likely destroyed. We found some of the worst darts I have ever personally seen during the sweep last year, and do not want a repeat. If you are purchasing aftermarket darts, we recommend one of the various waffle designs, koosh heads, fake accustrikes, Artifact etc. Please don't buy solid vinyl head darts in the FVJ or nipple styles. They are cheap, but that is because they suck.
- Sunscreen! The field is mostly shady, but you'll probably get some sun.
- Don't be a dick (haha irony).
- Call your hits!
- Don't argue with called hits!
- Don't call hits unless you are certain. If you are uncertain, ask.
- Don't aim for head shots, see rule 1.
- Not a hard-and-fast rule, but the recommended minimum age is 13 years. Some of these blasters are going to be pretty powerful, so there may be some pain involved.
- If someone is injured, stop immediately, hold your blaster in the air, and yell "Hold!". If you hear "Hold!", stop playing immediately.
Within a short walk from the park are: Safeway, Jack in the Box, Subway, Taco Bell, Arby's, and Starbucks. We'll start around 1:00 and start back up around 1:30.
The Facebook event, if you are interested: https://www.facebook...28516897170020/
Had to go back to work, I'll keep working on this!
Edited by Draconis, 28 July 2017 - 01:59 PM.