Photo

Retaliator spring in Jolt? yes!

3 replies to this topic

#1 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Hey everyone. Just thought id let you all know that a Retaliator spring will fit in a Jolt.

I ordered a 3x pack of OMW 5kg Retaliator springs for my Elite Triad and Mega Bigshock. After installing those along with a few other simple mods, I was so impressed I had to run to Walmart to buy a Jolt to try to slap the third spring into.

I ripped the dart post and AR out of the Jolt and was quite surprised the 5kg OMW Retaliator spring fit into the Jolt and allowed it to prime.

It is now an extremely impressive little Jolt.
Highly reccomend a spring swap for Jolts

#2 BLOOGa

BLOOGa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

Please tell me how you replaced the spring. I can't get the rivet off.

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

You twist it on with pliers and a bench vice.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#4 scruffynerfherder

scruffynerfherder

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

I used a small flathead screw driver to lift the rivot out a hair then used sidecutter pliers to pull it the rest of the way out.

Putting the 5kg omw retaliator spring back in the tiny jolt was pretty hard (compressing spring).

To reassemble I just used a large head self tapping screw that was a little larger diameter than the stock rivot. Filled the hole in the plunger rod with super glue and threaded the screw in the rod through the plunger head (along with ar removal, post removal, e_tape under oring for tighter seal and lubed it up with silicone lube I found in lowes plumbing section)

It now is a super powerful pocket pistol. Waaaay more powerful than a stock jolt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users