Titan Mod

All done but ranges... Gah, Too lazy...

51 replies to this topic

#26 wardog

wardog

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

-_- sorry i got a little lost at the step for the barrel. whats a coupler and does the dart fit inside of the barrel? I'm totally lost. <_< :lol:

#27 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

Coupler allows for interchangable barrels, darts load in the barrel.

~ompa

#28 wardog

wardog

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

oh thanx

#29 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:37 PM

See, you have a coupler. Then you pick your barrel, and use it or nest it (Put it inside a barrel that fits in the barrel. In this case, 1/2" PVC. Then put your dart in the back of the barrel, the dart pointing to the front, put the end the dart is in in the coupler, and shoot. Then remove the barrel, and continue.

#30 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

Allright, this is going to sound dumb, but how the crap do you get the barrel off of the thing if you've already put it on? I read that you push and turn, but that doesnt help, neither does pulling. Is there some trick Im just not getting? Its definitely not that Im not applying enough force. Is there no way to get it off if Ive put it on completely (heard both clicks)? Im very frustrated.

EDIT:
Nevermind, it came off. I dont know WHY but it did. Ive been sitting here for over an hour, my hands are cut up from the plastic casing digging into my skin. My palms are red from the force. You know what? My dad comes home (Im home for the weekend), and hes a big guy, so I call him in to try. Im just showing him what to do, not even trying really, and the stupid thing just pops and unscrews. My Titan hates me.

Edited by >Fuse<, 17 September 2004 - 05:25 PM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#31 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:12 PM

Trick? Oh, you mean muscul.
P.S. Ompa, I finally did that paintball thing, and it works great!
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#32 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

Ompa, do i need to do something to keep the dart from falling into the barrel stub? If i were to do the mod and I put a dart in, would it fall into the plunger since there are no more air restrictors?

#33 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:30 PM

Sorry that this is such an old topic, but I had an idea.

I don't own a titan.

Has anyone tried taking a double-stroke, high output pump like those found in the bike departments of stores and using it to replace the titan stock pump? It seems like the main drawback to that monster is the slow rof due to pumping, and if that could be accelerated, then I think it would be beneficial.

Shitake, with the size of that thing, you might even be able to just stick a huge tire pump on there!

Copy!
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#34 BlackJack

BlackJack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Wonderful mod, Ompa, my congrats. Mine gets about 210-220 feet (I optimized the innards a bit and experimented with the barrel). My team's best sharpshooter is an artist with the thing. In a practice match, with about a third of my body showing, he managed to clip my forhead at 150 feet.

#35 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

BlackJack, welcome to NerfHaven! Read the code of conduct and don't bring back threads that were started two years ago to say,

Wonderful mod, Ompa, my congrats. Mine gets about 210-220 feet

Do that and don't piss anyone off.

Edited by Greek Assassin, 02 April 2006 - 09:15 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#36 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

While this is open, is it just me, or are people very suddenly (like within the last two weeks or less) beginning to think that their Titans go 200+ feet? I don't read into titans much, but I'm seeing this all over the place, and I've never heard of any nerf gun short of a homemade going that far. I'm not sure if a dart can survive that fast of velocities...

Somebody care to clarify? I was under the impression that singled Titans got in the 150'~ish ranges, tops.

But hey, I've been wrong before.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#37 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I've definately gotten the ranges posted in my mod, or around 180'. I've done some tinkering with it since the mod, and I've maybe reached around 190'-200', but I've never done exact measurements. I think the gun is capable of 200+ ranges, but only if someone really knows what they're doing with the gun is modding it. Wind also can help with the 200+ ranges.

~ompa

#38 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Our clan has a Titan modded very similarly to the Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle. It is chambered in 1 inch foam (slightly bigger than megas), and it consistantly reaches 130 feet with fairly heavy, large-caliber darts.

If I were to simply cut two or three pieces of smaller brass sizes to fit in the existing barrel, I'm sure that with the correct darts it could get 200 feet chambered with micros.

The gun itself is fairly heavily modified: pump relocation, plugged release valve, firing-pin mod, several removable barrels (like, I believe, Bagheads 5 use Titan), Quad-Airtech 2000 integration, cheek-rest, sling, and removable magnification sight ( times 3 magnification, 30mm).

The gun itself is banned from many wars (Even ones we host ourselves), but on occasion we are allowed to use it with the rule that we may not engage at ranges under 80 feet.

But, as I said, our Titan does not get 200+ ranges, though I am sure it would if we were to re-chamber it.
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#39 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

If you're a member of Nerf HQ, your Titan's ranges go up by about 100 feet extra.

Or more.

Just kidding.

Sheoot, my air pressurized homemade gets about 200 feet or so, and on top of that, it rips up the stefans pretty nicely (loosens the glue/ weight from the front of the dart), even with tape collars for reinforcement. Turning up the power turns stefans into whirlybirds that get about 30-40 feet.

I haven't modded our Titan (my son still likes the missle), so until then, modding it is out. My SM 5000 hovers around the 120' mark with good micro stefans. Could be more, but it's had enough leaks already. I do all my Nerfing within 30-50 feet anyway, what with wind and all, so super-long ranges are a moot point.

Falcon; it's spring break. All the REALLY powerful guns seem to come out then.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#40 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Personally, I dont understand why kids would want to use their 150'- 200' Titans in a war. You're just asking to hurt someone.

#41 Jabs

Jabs

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:43 PM

People use their 150-200' Titans just for that reason, it makes it easier to pick someone off at a distance. There's really no worry about anyone getting hurt as they're usually far enough away that the impact is minimal. Obviously, it is a safety hazard if you're firing at someone within 25' or so but hopefully in that case you have enough sense to drop your titan and pick up another gun. -Jabs

#42 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

I would never ever shoot another human being with my Titan. Unless it's using the rocket.

I just modded it mainly for show, I deem it far too dangerous to actually shoot stefans at people with it. Any gun that gets over 150' I think is way too powerful for any conventional nerf war.

~ompa

#43 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

Any gun that gets over 150' I think is way too powerful for any conventional nerf war.

Hmm...conventional...hmmm...MidMI isn't that conventional since the clan KAF isn't that conventional. So, ompa, if you want to make a road trip to be allwoed to go against your judgement and shoot your Titan to the best of its potential, come to MidMI.

Yeah, "conventional" wars don't have ranges over 300 yards...
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#44 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

Personally, I dont understand why kids would want to use their 150'- 200' Titans in a war. You're just asking to hurt someone.

We don't. Except on people who insist on using 'armor' made out of styrofoam/cardboard: we don't like those kinds of people.

But, we've only used it in three wars: one to show people that we weren't kidding about the god-damned armor. The second was to humiliate the people who insist on 'losing' in Nerf wars: we wanted to show that we could always out perform them with this gun, and change their mind about camping behind a tree with a crossbow waiting for the new guys to walk by. The third was just because some local kids insisted that 'Those crazy guys up the street bring the big-ass gun'.

The main reason for modding it to be so powerful was that we wanted people to realize that long-range guns (like the Crossbow, LBB, SM5K, etc) are not 'all that', and too much range and too much accuracy make for a boring standoff with people standing just out of range, and waiting for someone else to move.

Anyway, we don't 'war' with it: but it is an effective deterrent against people using over-modded super-guns.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#45 22-shooter-mike

22-shooter-mike

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:16 PM

Ok im pretty new to nerf haven and this was the first mod i have ever attempted and lett me tell u it scared the crap out of me this thing compresses enough o2 to litterally blow smoke out the end of the barrel (or at least the compressed gas looks that way) any way although this gun works well im not getting the ranges you said were possible i used a slightly different barrel but works the same way (exept no coupler) any way i was wonderin if there was anything i can do im not afraid to put a metal air tank in the gun if u will show me how also i came up with a really cool addon to any long barreled single shot gun to eliminate the use of ramrods ok find a piece of brass that will glove the current barrel tightly then cut a gouge big enough in the barrel itself so a stefan can be placed inside then slide a short length of brass over the hole so it seales off the breech then when you pull the trigger the dart will shoot up the barrel and will fire just as accurately as ever this also solves the problem off darts squishing in the tighter barrels with the ramrod ok hope this helps and if anyone has any suggestions for me about my higher pressure tank system please post it on this thread (hope u dont mind ompa) kk thx guys .22 shooter mike out

#46 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

I warned you in another thread. Strike 2.
I hate you.

#47 1shot

1shot

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

Cool mod, but 14 inch pvc i don't get how u could possibly fit the missle on it with a huge pipe stcking out of it? Don't tell me im stupid for thinking this im new to moding, and im just a stupid kid what do i know?

OH I get it its removeable. I don't always get things the first time
1shot then u dead

#48 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

Please try not to open old threads. Im not trying to back seat moderate but look at the date it was posted first. This specific thread was posted 3 years ago.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#49 1shot

1shot

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

sry i just did a gogle search and found it
1shot then u dead

#50 rhymes with orange

rhymes with orange

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

Say if you dropped you dart down the tip of the barrel, in this mod, would it not stick or would it be loose?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users