Photo

Cheap way to upgrade modulus stock

5 replies to this topic

#1 alpha99025

alpha99025

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Everyone knows that the stock that comes with the modulus is really flimsy and a lot of people strengthen it with pvc pipe. But pvc pipe can be expensive so here's a cheaper way to strengthen the stock. So, lets get started.

20170414_144130.jpg

First you're going to need the stock, a barbeque skewer, a hot glue gun, scissors,a smal knife or razor, and finally a measuring device.

20170414_144452.jpg

Next you want measure and cut four pieces of the bbq skewer that measure 2 1/8 inches. A good tip with cutting the skewers is to place the skewer in the scissors and spin the skewer in the blades. This allows you to snap the skewer at the cut line leaving a nice,clean break.

20170414_144948.jpg
Now you can plug in the hot glue gun and while you wait for it to warm up, take your razor or small knife and start making score marks in the slot. This allows the glue more gripping surface and be a better bond.

20170414_145507.jpg
Now for the final step, Once the glue gun has warmed up enough you want to put a thick bead of glue into the slot and press in the skewer.Be very careful not to burn yourself as the glue comes up. I recommend using a low temp glue gun. Also another good tip if the hot glue gets on your finger quickly roll it between your fingers and it will instantly cool and you wont burn your finger.

Once the glue cools you're left with a fairly sturdy stock. I was quite pleased with the results that I did the same thing for my recon stock.

Edited by alpha99025, 15 April 2017 - 12:30 AM.

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

Would this be strong enough to help prime, for example, an EAT with an upgraded spring? Definitely a creative mod, especially for the cost! Nice idea.

#3 alpha99025

alpha99025

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

It should work I also did the same thing to my recon stock to make sure the idea worked and I was really pushing back on it and it wasn't flexing. I just do not not know what kind of spring it can handle.

#4 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

PVC is expensive? I personally have 10 metres or so just lying around that I could use.

As for your actual mod, I like the idea, but over time it's going to get weaker considering the materials used. Maybe (white) pen shafts and epoxy would yield a more permanent version?

I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

#5 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

PVC is expensive? I personally have 10 metres or so just lying around that I could use.

As for your actual mod, I like the idea, but over time it's going to get weaker considering the materials used. Maybe (white) pen shafts and epoxy would yield a more permanent version?

Or use metal bbq skewers instead of wood? Would require a dremel, but still a fairly simply mod.

#6 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

I don't think this will last. Hot glue is not a good adhesive and the skewers are made from a weak material. PVC is probably a better option overall, but you've got the right idea. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users