Photo

Longshot mods

6 replies to this topic

#1 Baca2460

Baca2460

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

I have been toying with the idea of doing a pump action retaliator but asked around and decided to do a longshot. The problem is I can't find a good combo of mods, should I do an angel breech, an omw kit, I just don't know. However I do know I want it pump action so any recommendations on that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance -Patrick

#2 TheNerfZilla

TheNerfZilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

It depends on your skill level. OMW kits are good, but and angel breech is something else entirely. First, an angel breech just describes the breech mechanism that chambers darts, and has nothing to do with the spring, catch, or plunger tube to a certain extent. OMW kit won't do anything you can't do yourself for cheaper, as far as performance goes, and there's nothing that says you have to use a specific plunger setup with an angel breech. They really are very different things that require very different skill levels, so I would recommend doing whatever you feel comfortable with.

In my opinion, doing something along the lines of a sleeper breech would be better, since you retain the ability to fire full-length darts unlike with an angel breech. For spring rating go with whatever the strongest you can comfortably prime is, along with whatever the necessary reinforcements are. Longshots can be beasts when done properly but you really need to do the research before hand to make sure you don't break something, such as a boltsled. I hope this helps.

EDIT: I spelled breech as breach a grand total of 6 times in this post. Oops.

Edited by TheNerfZilla, 14 March 2017 - 09:50 PM.

I have a blog now!
How to Get Started Nerfing Pt. 1
Eat spaghetti to forgetti your regretti 

#3 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

You can find a ton of shotgun grip guides and even buy preassembled ones. A good combo might be the LSFG intergration using the LFSG grip to also prime the main blaster.

#4 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

20170315_1217381.jpg

Supah clean and feels like a dream :)

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#5 Baca2460

Baca2460

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thanks.

You mentioned trying not to break certain components, how would I go about reinforcing them. Do I even need to? I like to think I'm pretty strong so any spring from medium to difficult would be manageable so any recommendations would be nice. Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Longshots.

#6 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:30 AM

The main thing you want to reinforce on a longshot is the bolt sled, simply lookup 'longshot bolt sled reinforcement' and something should come up.

#7 Baca2460

Baca2460

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

After consideration I've decided on a gavinfuzzy pump grip, the oc nerf sleeper breach just like in his guide, hobby mods deluxe longshot kit and a paint and L.E.D. job. Please let me know if you think this is a wise choice. - Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users