Here's how you make it easy to take off your Longstrike bolt handles. This is especially useful if yours is modded and you need to crack it often. This, IN THEORY, should work on the Longshot and TriStrike since I believe their bolt handles are the same, but correct me if I'm wrong.
hammer or flathead screwdriver (to remove the bol thandles from the Longstrike)
phillips head screwdriver
small saw/leatherman with saw/other cutting tool
sharpie, color doesn't matter (optional, but recommended)
1. Remove bolt from Longstrike. No pics because it's kinda hard to take a pic of and should be pretty self explanatory. We're modifying the female end of the handle.
2. Remove these 2 screws and take off the faceplate.
3. You should be faced with this piece with these 4 slits. This is what we'll be modifying.
4. Cut each of the slits down further. Note that the more you cut, the easier the handle will come off. At most, cut 1/8" down.
5. Reassemble bolt handle by doing the reverse of disassembly.
6. (Optional) Mark the bolt handle so you know that it is the female, easy to detach side if you have to disassemble your Longstrike in the future.
7. Replace bolt handle onto male end of bolt handle on Longstrike.
Note that since this makes the bolt handle easier to remove, it may come off if you're really rough when priming or require a lot of force because of a spring mod. I would suggest setting up your bolt so that you prime with the male end of the handle, and not the modified side.
Edited by ILikeShotguns, 25 January 2017 - 06:32 PM.