Elite Rayven Rewiring - help!

10 replies to this topic

#1 gantzypants

gantzypants

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

I'm in the process of re wiring my elite rayven. I thought I was finished, but turning it on revealed that the flywheels spin continuously, and the switch stops them. This is the opposite of the desired result. What am I doing wrong? Also, only the bottom flywheel spins. The top doesn't. If anyone could help me that would be great, as I can't really fear an elite rayven anymore. Pictures are attached.

Thanks,

AJ

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0010.JPG
  • IMG_0011.JPG
  • IMG_0012.JPG

#2 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

Very easy fix. You wired the switch in such a way that it is normally closed (NC) as opposed to normally open (NO). On a three pin switch like the one you have, the "common" pin is usually the middle one, and the placement of the wire on either of the outer pins determines whether your switch is NO or NC. So, instead of having the wires connected to the middle and top pins, try soldering the wires so they are connected to the middle and bottom pins.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#3 gantzypants

gantzypants

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

Thank you very much! Do you know why the top motor isn't working?

#4 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Someones moving in on my signing name game...

Umm, it might not be spinning because of maybe it not having such a good connection, maybe you did something that might have burned the motors out, or broke them.

Is the bottom ones flywheel maybe stuck in place, or the actual thing that spins got jammed

Are you sure the flywheel and motor and connected fully?

Or, just follow Aeromechs advice, because things like blasters randomly breaking happens.

Also, merry christmas, and happy first post, welcome to Nerfhaven

-Montymarks

("That thing that says 1 warning post is wrong, it's really 3-6, I lost count 2 months ago")

Edited by Montymarks, 25 December 2016 - 01:54 PM.

sorry for how I was a year ago

#5 gantzypants

gantzypants

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Okay, so I realized what happened.

So, this is a project with my brother. He thought that the soldering points were the metal posts that stick out that the flywheels spin around. Whoops. I desoldered it and cleaned it off. I'm afraid that the plastic housing melted around the bar and it can no longer spin.

Is there a way I can fix this? If not can I use a stryfe flywheel cage? Rayvens are like 70 dollars on eBay so I can't really get a replacement...

#6 JospehSquared

JospehSquared

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

You could always try to Dremel the hole open a bit. Could be an easy fix. Can you show a picture of what's melted?

Edited by JospehSquared, 25 December 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#7 gantzypants

gantzypants

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

I do not know how to post a picture, but in the second picture you can see on the top flywheel the metal rod sticking out. The plastic around it is melted to it so I can't move it at all.

Could I theoretically put a stryfe flywheel unit in instead?

#8 JospehSquared

JospehSquared

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

Is it the flywheel cage or the the motor. If it's just the motor you could just replace the motor. A stryfe cage may not fit as well.

#9 gantzypants

gantzypants

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

It's the cage.

#10 JospehSquared

JospehSquared

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

You may be on some trouble then. Maybe dremeling the cage a bit. I PMd you about it. Someone more expertise then me may be able to help more

Edited by JospehSquared, 25 December 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#11 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

Okay, so I realized what happened.

So, this is a project with my brother. He thought that the soldering points were the metal posts that stick out that the flywheels spin around. Whoops. I desoldered it and cleaned it off. I'm afraid that the plastic housing melted around the bar and it can no longer spin.

Is there a way I can fix this? If not can I use a stryfe flywheel cage? Rayvens are like 70 dollars on eBay so I can't really get a replacement...

The stryfe cage is not compatible with the rayven. Just pick up a couple rhino 130 motors, rewire with 16awg or 18awg wire and a good microswitch and call it awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users