Fly Wheel Barrel?

Barrel Flywheel

4 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLeader683

RogueLeader683

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

OK so I've been looking around, People (Like SBNC and the Trudge on) have more than one flywheel, I like the idea but I was wondering. Has anyone ever put them into a barrel extension so that you can take the extra flywheels off at will or if you don't want to you can have even more flywheel power.

This could also be used with springers as well, not sure how well it'd work but the idea's there someone smarter than me has to do the research.

#2 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

The problem with that approach is that in an "afterburner" setup with multiple flywheel cages, the first stage should spin at a far lower speed than the second stage. Too slowly, in fact, to fire a dart.

In other words, your barrel extension won't be optional at all!
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#3 RogueLeader683

RogueLeader683

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

The problem with that approach is that in an "afterburner" setup with multiple flywheel cages, the first stage should spin at a far lower speed than the second stage. Too slowly, in fact, to fire a dart.

In other words, your barrel extension won't be optional at all!

So what if, the first stage of motors were something fairly weak and as the motors went on they got to something like 180s

#4 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:05 AM

So what if, the first stage of motors were something fairly weak and as the motors went on they got to something like 180s

That would work fine, but it will seriously complicate the build for a minor benefit. The blaster would be almost worthless without the extension.

I've been told that Rayvens and Rapidstrikes are good candidates for afterburners because of well-placed dead space in the shells.

If you're considering building an afterburner into a barrel extension, you're basically forced to use a Hyperfire or Stryfe because their flywheel cages are directly connected to the barrel extension adapter.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#5 RogueLeader683

RogueLeader683

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

That would work fine, but it will seriously complicate the build for a minor benefit. The blaster would be almost worthless without the extension.

I've been told that Rayvens and Rapidstrikes are good candidates for afterburners because of well-placed dead space in the shells.

If you're considering building an afterburner into a barrel extension, you're basically forced to use a Hyperfire or Stryfe because their flywheel cages are directly connected to the barrel extension adapter.

I was actually considering using a Hyperfire since I own a few from some weird circumstances and whatnot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users