Join us for the first edition of (hopefully) a long running series of annual wars, Pacific Northwest War 1.0. This is an event I've been envisioning for a while now, but this year we can finally pull it off!
When: Saturday, August 27th, 2016 at 11:00AM (possibly earlier if there is interest).
Where: Fort Borst Park, Centralia Washington. Centralia was chosen as it is nearly exactly halfway between Portland and Seattle, to better facilitate a large gathering. Also, this park is awesome.
Note that this map of the park is inexplicably rotated, so that north is DOWN. I don't even. We are planning to use the section near the entrance to the park, where the historic blockhouse is located.
Things to bring:
- Water, Gatorade, Etc.
- Sunscreen, seriously it will be sunny, because it doesn't rain in August.
- Whatever blasters you think that you will use.
- Large ammo blasters, balls, rockets, arrows (Zings, even), missiles, etc.
- If you have a Rival or stock Sceptor, please bring it! We would like to run another HIRs-only round this time, because the last one was a hoot.
- Eye protection (mandatory!). Partially because:
I should have extras if you forget, but don't count on it.
- Darts! Stock, slugs, silicone domes.
Things not to bring:
- Realistically painted blasters.
- Pump-plugged, micro dart singled Titans and Hydro Cannons, though either of these shooting rockets will be useful.
- Hard-tipped darts, such as FVJs or glue domes. We are trying to move away from these.
- CTF Push/Pull
- Carpe Testiculum
- Freeze Tag
- Defend The Core?
- Fastest Tagger in the West
Suggestions are always welcome!
Folks from Facebook
If you are interested in attending, or have any questions, please let us know!
Edited by Draconis, 10 August 2016 - 10:43 AM.