Firefly Spring replacement Question

Firefly spring

6 replies to this topic

#1 ReThink

ReThink

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

I'm working on a firefly overhaul and I had a question about a replacement spring. My worry is that with a too powerful spring, the plunger tube might crack at the back. (Picture below)
image.jpg

So my question is have any of you replaced a firefly spring, or have a suggestion of which spring to use that would be more powerful than stock, yet wouldn't damage the plunger tube?

Stock spring dimensions:
11/16" OD
3.5" Original Length

Note: I've searched the forums and Google and have found nothing related to a firefly spring replacement that won't damage the plunger tube, the firefly doesn't have much feedback.

#2 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

Search.

http://nerfhaven.com...64-firefly-mod/
Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#3 ReThink

ReThink

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Search.
http://nerfhaven.com...64-firefly-mod/

Not relevant to my question. The closest that topic got to my question is installing an ace 49 spring with minimal reinforcement. I am not asking about an ace 49 spring, I am asking about a spring that will not require reinforcement whatsoever.

I explicitly stated I read all the topics related to mine and did not find an answer.

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

Not relevant to my question. The closest that topic got to my question is installing an ace 49 spring with minimal reinforcement. I am not asking about an ace 49 spring, I am asking about a spring that will not require reinforcement whatsoever.

I explicitly stated I read all the topics related to mine and did not find an answer.

If a decently powerful spring requires reinforcement, then reinforce. Any spring less powerful requiring no reinforcement is unlikely to provide an acceptable increase in power. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#5 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

Reinforcement is way too easy just put some epoxy putty on the back. I dont know why you wouldnt want to reinforce it...
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#6 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:36 AM

As long as the spring plate lays directly onto the plastic plunger tube rest in front of the catch and there is no space between the spring plate and the plunger tube rest, a little bit of reinforcing on the plunger tube rest and you won't have to touch the plunger tube or the spring rest. If not, and there is some wiggle room between the spring plate and the plunger tube rest, then there is no transfer of energy to the blaster shell, and the reinforcing would have to go onto keeping that part of the plunger tube secured. Screws through the spring plate and plunger tube would do it.

industrial designer

#7 ReThink

ReThink

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Does anyone have a spring suggestion other than an ace #49? I checked the diameter on the spring reference thread and found it would be too wide for the plunger.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firefly, spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users