Photo

The 'Rapnadomolisher' - SSTS/RS/Demolisher Integration

Tornado Strike Rapidstrike Demolisher Integration Mod Raptorstrike Rapnadomolisher

12 replies to this topic

#1 UnscrupulousModefiler

UnscrupulousModefiler

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

Base integration here is a 'RaptorStrike' (Nerf Rapidstrike reshelled in a Supersoaker Tornadostrike body), with an additional integrated Demolisher Launcher.

This is very much a Work In Progress. Shell-work is NOT complete and a proper battery and volt-meter are yet to be fitted, but the basic wiring's done and it's firing now.

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

Quick video of state of build here. Apologies for the potato-quality, but this is just a quick intro before I finish the body and do the paintwork.

2nd test firing on 9.6v here.

* RS shell and dart-carriage ultra-minimised to fit inside TS shell. (RS is a bit fat in the arse around the pusher-assembly while the TS tapers there, so RS had to poke through the sides).
* Jam-door area opened up.
* RS front iron sight attached.
* Rayven fly-wheel-trigger serving as the mag-release switch inside the trigger-guard.
* TS pump-grip fully integrated into the Demolisher grip.
* Barrel is a 5" cut-down Recon barrel-extension. Straight-rifled bore, plus it has a handy central locating tab to align and secure the barrel inside the TS shell. Original RS barrel-extension lug attached at business end.
* Blaster with stock retracted is now same length as a RS , or with stock removed same as a Rayven .
* Motor covers and tac-rail rescued from the RS shell and monstered onto RHS of TS shell to cover the larger motors.
* RS triggers installed with 16amp microswitches and 18g wire.
* Scavenged and matched 3 x FK180-3539E motors from several RC helicopters, so pusher is a 180 too now.
* I accidentally cut off the pusher-motor control switch's attachment points while separating the trigger assembly so using MakeTestBattle's wiring-loom pattern to eliminate this switch from the circuit, with the addition of a kill-swich.

Thanks for checking it out!

Edited by UnscrupulousModefiler, 21 April 2016 - 05:45 AM.

"Greetings Nerflings, we come in peace. Shoot to Thrill!

#2 Edward the Assassin

Edward the Assassin

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

That is one awesome integration. I never thought about integrating supersoaker blasters until now. I actually have a Tornado Strike so it is cool to see something great come out of it. I noticed the gap in the front where the spinner used to be. If you could wire LEDs right in front of the flywheels and cover the gap with a frosted plastic sheet, it would definitely give it a menacing look from the front. Good luck and great job! :D

#3 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Pretty damn cool yo, very original! I like the Aesthetic
Are you going to paint the green strip on the optic? 

#4 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

That's pretty a cool integration man. Its kind of like my RetalaBlaster , but in reverse.(SS Shot Bast Tank in a Retal Shell). :)

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

#5 UnscrupulousModefiler

UnscrupulousModefiler

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

That is one awesome integration. I never thought about integrating supersoaker blasters until now. I actually have a Tornado Strike so it is cool to see something great come out of it. I noticed the gap in the front where the spinner used to be. If you could wire LEDs right in front of the flywheels and cover the gap with a frosted plastic sheet, it would definitely give it a menacing look from the front. Good luck and great job!

Hey thanks EtA. I reckon the TS has the best shell in the game - I love it's almost cartoon-scale chunkiness, and its grip certainly fits better in my hands than a Rapidstrike or Demolisher. LED's would be waycool I'm sure - there's heaps of room in there for extra electronics - but I'll probably keep this one simple (it barely survived my soldering as it is...).

Pretty damn cool yo, very original! I like the Aesthetic
Are you going to paint the green strip on the optic? 

Cheers! Surprisingly - considering it's a mag'd blaster - you don't see too many mag'd mods for these around. Once I'd started I did find Jerm781's Recon/TS integration from about 5 years ago, but all the rest seem to be RSCB's or turrets. Did I miss some? The platform itself is very ergonomic and roomy (a Styfe integration would rattle in there!) though it may be too bulky for some tastes, plus the plastic feels thinner and the clam-shell fit less solid than a RS so a bit of reinforcement will be necessary to get that level of rigidity.

Paint though??? The bane of my existance ;0) At this stage the idea is to keep it as Super Soaker-esque as possible, so yeah, the green will eventually go. (Does it really irk people that much??)

SS Shot Bast Tank in a Retal Shell.

That I'd like to see!

#6 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

That I'd like to see!

Request:Granted

Left side

I am using a Recon stock, Spectre Barrel, and RF 20 Pump

3a8Icc7.jpg

Right Side

DBgJAxY.jpg

And Top Side

Here you can see that the tank sticks out on the side. And that I am using a 1/2" Cpvc Barrel (Petg on the way).

KW06Jzh.jpg

Edited by Number 1 nerf nut, 24 March 2016 - 12:42 PM.

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

#7 UnscrupulousModefiler

UnscrupulousModefiler

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

Here you can see that the tank sticks out on the side.

The power of hot-glue commands you!

I'd got a Shot-Blast to see if I could use the tank to power up the Demo-launcher. It uses an unconventional combination of spring-plus-air-pressure to achieve that "peww!". Turned out it's a bit big though, so I'm on the hunt for an XBZ...

#8 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

The power of hot-glue commands you!

Sound about right!!! ;)

By the way, what is a XBZ? (Is it a BlastZooka)

Edited by Number 1 nerf nut, 25 March 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#9 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:32 PM

By the way, what is a XBZ? (Is it a BlastZooka)

Yes it is, it stands for XtremeBlastZooka.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#10 UnscrupulousModefiler

UnscrupulousModefiler

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, as 2BB says, the Buzz Bee XtremeBlastZooka. It has one of the best performance-to-size ratios out there, and is still for sale.

#11 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, as 2BB says, the Buzz Bee XtremeBlastZooka. It has one of the best performance-to-size ratios out there, and is still for sale.

Still for sale? Where? I have one, but I would like more.

#12 UnscrupulousModefiler

UnscrupulousModefiler

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Still for sale? Where? I have one, but I would like more.

Good ol' Amazon. I'd go there, but the postage to NZ's about as much again!

#13 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thanks, I was not sure. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tornado Strike, Rapidstrike, Demolisher, Integration, Mod, Raptorstrike, Rapnadomolisher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users