spring Double Down

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • State:California

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

What is the most powerful spring I can fit into a Double Down? I want a k225 but I'm unsure about the dimensions. Any known suggestions that add significant power? 

#2 Shadowslayer1924

Shadowslayer1924

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

I haven't looked at the double down but a [k26] might fit

#3 Shadowslayer1924

Shadowslayer1924

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

Sorry double post

Edited by Shadowslayer1924, 25 February 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#4 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

I haven't looked at the double down but a [k26] might fit

Thanks. If you have one I'd love to know. Few people have opened them up and reported information. I just want to avoid spending a bucket of money just to find a fitting spring. K226 would be good I'd take a k225 or similar I just want to know what will fit and give significant power upgrades. 

#5 Youngin

Youngin

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

"I traded the stock spring for one measuring 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID, cut to 5" in length . . ." (http://nerfhaven.com...ouble-down-mod/)

I believe that the [k26] may be too large, however I cannot confirm this, not having that blaster myself. The dimensions on the [k26] I have are about 11/16 " ID, 13/16 " OD. Either way, it would be a close fit. The OD of 1/2 " PVC pipe is very similar to the [k26], and so you could check with that if you have some around.

Consider this: Why have welt-leaving blasters that ruin the beauty of the original blaster?
I hate mods that destroy the plastic case of a nerf blaster.
Most all stock attachments suck, so make your own.

#6 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

I believe that the [k26] may be too large, however I cannot confirm this, not having that blaster myself. The dimensions on the [k26] I have are about 11/16 " ID, 13/16 " OD. Either way, it would be a close fit. The OD of 1/2 " PVC pipe is very similar to the [k26], and so you could check with that if you have some around.

Thanks very much. I though as much. Any other options? I just want something that will fit and provide noticeable increase. Any OMW or other brand stuff? 

#7 Youngin

Youngin

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

"-5KG OMW Retaliator + Original spring. O-ring and plunger padding all stock. " (http://nerfhaven.com...single-project/)"

The spring that racer188 mentions is at http://www.orangemod...ct_p/spg-u4.htm . Looking at other mods, even if they don't do what you want for the final product, have great info.

Consider this: Why have welt-leaving blasters that ruin the beauty of the original blaster?

#8 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

The spring that racer188 mentions is at http://www.orangemod...ct_p/spg-u4.htm . Looking at other mods, even if they don't do what you want for the final product, have great info.

Thanks. Will do. Any idea how much performance boost this will give?

#9 Youngin

Youngin

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

I have no idea, as I have not done this before. But, more spring power has usually improved performance for me.

#10 nerfsamurai

nerfsamurai

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

I have no idea, as I have not done this before. But, more spring power has usually improved performance for me.

Alright I'll post a write up when i find something suitable. I may end up with something less powerful than I want just to get it to fit. Hopefully I'll get decent ranges I'll coupler the thing to use all kinds of ammo. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spring, Double Down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users