Photo

New to Modding, need help

6 replies to this topic

#1 NeonKoala

NeonKoala

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

I am very green when it comes to modding nerf guns. I've only modded several springers, and it was the simple ones such as removing the AR and drilling holes to improve airflow. I want to rewire my stryfe so I can get better performance, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to flywheel blasters
Any tips and/or any other form of help would be very much appreciated

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

Research the forum? Use google? You're right here,

Tips though, don't remove the AR out of CS elite blasters, destroys the life of the blasters because the plunger head is so weak. Also, drilling holes? You mean clearing the breech? 

#3 laser

laser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

if you want to start modding i would suggest looking at lord Draconical's youtube https://www.youtube..../LordDraconicaland if you want to mod a strife i would suggest this  [TUTORIAL] How to Modify the Nerf Elite Stryfe ... - YouTube

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

I would suggest you don't follow Lord Draconical's youtube, especially when it comes to using trustfires or ultrafires.

Read this Rapid Red writeup and to learn the basics and watch this video for stryfe specifics.

If you want to seesome of the battery/motor options you have, I suggest reading through (the entirety) of some of the more recent topics here where the rapidstrike, raven, and even stryfe are discussed.

After that reading/watching If you have a specific question or want to double check that a certain battery would be good, feel free to ask.

If you don't want to/don't know how to solder, you could purchase a drop-in kit here (also comes with motors). You'd still need to get your own battery and charger.

Edited by jwasko, 13 January 2016 - 11:01 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:41 PM

I would suggest you don't follow Lord Draconical's youtube, especially when it comes to using trustfires or ultrafires.

Thank you for telling this guy this. Bad things happen when you give a relatively unintelligent nerd a camera.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#6 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

For a stryfe mod many people overcomplicate things. All you need to do to make a very effective stryfe is replace the wire and use higher voltage batteries. Replacement motors are entirely unnecessary for most people until their stock motors burn out.
Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#7 tweak

tweak

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Any tips and/or any other form of help would be very much appreciated

Rewiring the Stryfe is pretty simple if you have the proper material. I prefer Foam Data Services Stryfe guide.

My best advice is to get a nice soldering iron/station and learn to use it effectively. Take an hour and practice tinning some wires. If you don't have any spare wire, use the crap wire that you cut out of your stryfe.

Have you decided on a battery type? Are you planning on upgrading motors?

Good luck on your first adventure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users