Photo

Nerf Rapidstrike CS-18 Battery Upgrade Questions

34 replies to this topic

#26 Felix the cat

Felix the cat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

For me it's when they stop working. They seem to be fine thus far.

#27 Elmoboy

Elmoboy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Felix.. Cause they seen to last forever.. Cause I understand it is high drain and only 700MAH CAPACITY (real value usually lower) and when idle I took out to measure it always show 8.4v. On some occasions the reading slowly rise to 9v.which puzzle me.

#28 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Felix.. Cause they seen to last forever.. Cause I understand it is high drain and only 700MAH CAPACITY (real value usually lower) and when idle I took out to measure it always show 8.4v. On some occasions the reading slowly rise to 9v.which puzzle me.

What are you using to measure these? Perhaps the battery in your voltage meter needs changed?

Edited by jwasko, 09 January 2016 - 08:42 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#29 Elmoboy

Elmoboy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

Yes mine multimeter is in low batt.. Didn't know multimeter low batt will cause the reading to rise.

#30 Elmoboy

Elmoboy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

Popped in new 9v battery to my multimeter and it measure my IMR 3.7v

#31 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

The two good battery upgrade options are IMRs or Lipos. TrustFIRES are bad. I like Lipos, but for a kid IMRs are a great choice. I would use 2.

Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#32 Elmoboy

Elmoboy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

I just order trustfire IMR 14500 since efest no more in Stock.. Shall see how they performance compare to efest

#33 Dajonx

Dajonx

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I might be a bit late to this topic, but as much as I love the Rapidstrike, you might want to switch to a stryfe/demolisher/modulus for him. All three are semi-auto and take 4 AA batteries. The stryfe is normally $20 in my area which is cheap for a good nerf blaster. The only problem is the fact that if the trigger isn't pulled fast enough, it will slightly jam. Hopefully you can find a solution!

Thanks a lot MuffinToast!  I got a Stryfe and he really likes this one better because it's smaller and semi-auto.  He did look quite awkward holding the RapidStrike.  Walmart has the Stryfes on sale for $10!  http://www.walmart.c...laster/29461799

#34 MuffinToast

MuffinToast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Thanks a lot MuffinToast!  I got a Stryfe and he really likes this one better because it's smaller and semi-auto.  He did look quite awkward holding the RapidStrike.  Walmart has the Stryfes on sale for $10!  http://www.walmart.c...laster/29461799

No problem. I love the Stryfe, with everything it has.

#35 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Lithium cell batteries should be recharged when they reach 3.8 volts. They are chemically stable at 3.8 volts per cell.
Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users