CANCELLED

51 replies to this topic

#26 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

I'm going to try and attend.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#27 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:26 AM

Hey folks, I really need people to start pre-registering. If I don't get 25 people to register by Oct 17th I'm going to have to cancel the event. If the event does get canceled everyone who's pre-registered will be refunded.

#28 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

I personally believe that super stock wars could bring in more participants than NIC blaster wars because lightly modified blasters and stock blasters are probably a bit more common than homemade NIC level blasters... and you wouldn't have to worry about canceling due to lack of registrations.

I have a few modified blasters, but have no intentions at this time to venture into homemade nic style blasters that require homemade darts. If anyone here is interested in a regular super stock war instead of NIC-blaster wars, let me know either by PM or in this thread. I have the ability to get something off the ground, but I'd need to get some people on board first.

#29 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Nobody said you CAN'T bring superstock, but most people want to use homemades. It's not advised against superstock, in fact a few of us definitely are bringing supersotck because it still has a competitive ability in the arena. I'm not traveling 4 hours on public transport for a superstock war. Show up DblDrgn, I'll lend you a homemade and you can play, but you can use superstock.

#30 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

Plains plays well to both superstock and NIC blasters. The point is to have fun, plain and simple.

Edited by Griever 2112, 29 September 2015 - 01:24 PM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#31 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:37 PM

I personally believe that super stock wars could bring in more participants than NIC blaster wars because lightly modified blasters and stock blasters are probably a bit more common than homemade NIC level blasters... and you wouldn't have to worry about canceling due to lack of registrations.

I have a few modified blasters, but have no intentions at this time to venture into homemade nic style blasters that require homemade darts. If anyone here is interested in a regular super stock war instead of NIC-blaster wars, let me know either by PM or in this thread. I have the ability to get something off the ground, but I'd need to get some people on board first.

You're making this out to be a much bigger of a problem than it is. Do you know what this field is like? Do you know what the engagement distances are like? I was taken out several times during the last time we played here by an unmodified jolt. Here, the vast majority of engagement distances are well under 50 feet. Trust the person who's hosted many more NIC events than you've probably been to when I say you'll be fine.

Also, if you're afraid to show up to this event because you won't have fun because you will be outgunned, don't be.

Joedimarco came to his first event a couple weeks ago to a field terrible for stock blasters and he still had a ton of fun against homemades. Sure he had to run a few more feet to get in range but he had a greater rate of fire with a modified pump action gun.

Shandsgator8 played several wars with a near stock alpha trooper, not even an elite alpha trooper and looked badass doing it in orange n-strike mags all over him and clearly enjoyed it. And though he owns his very well modified UMB, he still breaks out the disk shooters.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

And I'm planning to play at this event with a Revonix.

If your'e still not convinced that you can't have fun against people using homemades it's only your loss. And I have no interest in hosting an NIC event that doesn't allow homemades.

#32 joedimarco

joedimarco

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

You're making this out to be a much bigger of a problem than it is. Do you know what this field is like? Do you know what the engagement distances are like? I was taken out several times during the last time we played here by an unmodified jolt. Here, the vast majority of engagement distances are well under 50 feet. Trust the person who's hosted many more NIC events than you've probably been to when I say you'll be fine.

Also, if you're afraid to show up to this event because you won't have fun because you will be outgunned, don't be.

Joedimarco came to his first event a couple weeks ago to a field terrible for stock blasters and he still had a ton of fun against homemades. Sure he had to run a few more feet to get in range but he had a greater rate of fire with a modified pump action gun.

Shandsgator8 played several wars with a near stock alpha trooper, not even an elite alpha trooper and looked badass doing it in orange n-strike mags all over him and clearly enjoyed it. And though he owns his very well modified UMB, he still breaks out the disk shooters.

And I'm planning to play at this event with a Revonix.

If your'e still not convinced that you can't have fun against people using homemades it's only your loss. And I have no interest in hosting an NIC event that doesn't allow homemades.

I seriously had so much fun at my first war using my super stock blasters while everyone else was using NIC stuff. Even when I went to APOC and used NIC stuff I still brought my super stock stuff and nearly a good say like 20+ of us went to go play some rounds with super stock.

#33 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

I also have started my first war stock, with a ret slightly modded and showed up to NIC events still bringing it around and had fun. Don't mean to be a spam whore but here's vid link

You can have fun and won't be outgunned at an NIC war with a stock blaster.

#34 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

Ugh, this conversation brings back nightmares from the 2nd to last war at GridCode where Split used a modified Stryfe to wreck fools. Oooh and the guy with the Pyragon. ;_;

#35 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

That is cool.... I'm using that...

My Youtube Page

#36 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Ugh, this conversation brings back nightmares from the 2nd to last war at GridCode where Split used a modified Stryfe to wreck fools. Oooh and the guy with the Pyragon. ;_;

The guy with the Pyragon would be my budy Andy. Trying to talk him into coming back for this one, With his Pyragon (which is now mine).

On a side note, Corry, I have made my transfer from my bank to my paypal. Should be getting my money and a couple of days.

#37 kidame tomanaka

kidame tomanaka

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

just booked at the Red Roof Inn, its pretty cheap to book and me and my +2 are splitting the bill, $78 at most if you book it now, gonna need a " Get Turned up" crew seeing as how the night before shall be all hallows eve,

FLY #YOLOBOW FLY!
Wars Attended: NENO-CT 1-13 APOC -NJ13' 14' 15' 16' Frozen Foam-NY 15' Plains- PA. 15'

#38 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Reporting for duty
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#39 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:18 AM

I'm confirmed.

#40 Craftsman

Craftsman

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

If it's not to late count me as a maybe. There is also a chance I could bring guests.

Man keep finger on trigger receive painful finger bang!

Olde School Tacticool

All hail #YOLOStock!

I have taken a "break" from the hobby, but if you have anything crazy hit me up. I'm always interested in a challenge. Currently designing a nerf vehicle among other things.

#41 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:21 AM

Still need people to pre-register. If I don't get enough people by 11:59PM on Saturday, Oct 17th, I'm going to have to cancel the event. If the event is canceled I will refund any pre-registration fees. If you have any questions please let me know.

#42 kidame tomanaka

kidame tomanaka

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'm like 90% confirmed for this war, pre reg payed, hotel booked ( IF YALL WANT TO PARTY JUST HMU) Ride is almost guaranteed. Its a well worth war especially if I'm showing up. Get those pre reg payed peeps. C'mon don't yall want to get down the night before the war?

FLY #YOLOBOW FLY!
Wars Attended: NENO-CT 1-13 APOC -NJ13' 14' 15' 16' Frozen Foam-NY 15' Plains- PA. 15'

#43 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

Possibly may go depending on if my parents r gonna let me go and if it isn't on the 15 because I have a science Olympiad field trip to New Jersey

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THE ENTIRE FIRST POST IN THE FUTURE THANKS

Edited by Langley, 15 October 2015 - 02:10 PM.
Removed the quote of the entire first post

A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#44 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

POPULAR

The last plains war was easily my favorite war that I have been to, but I'm sad to say that I won't be able to make it. The night before is my school's homecoming, and Halloween, so I will be up too late the night before to be able to make it down in time. Hopefully enough people pre-register though, because Plains is an amazing place to play.
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#45 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Still need people to pre-register. If I don't get enough people by 11:59PM on Saturday, Oct 17th, I'm going to have to cancel the event. If the event is canceled I will refund any pre-registration fees. If you have any questions please let me know.

Is the event still on?

#46 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Is the event still on?

Nope, didn't get enough people. I'll be refunding everyone momentarily.

#47 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

;c

Possible reschedule? Curious also about how many people actually payed.

#48 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

;c

The OP can give further details, but I heard we weren't even close to the minimum number of required registrants.

#49 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

;c

We only had 10 people pre-registered. I needed 25.

#50 DblDrgn

DblDrgn

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

10 people?! That sounds like a decent amount of people, definitely enough potential players for games like capture the flag, king of the hill, deathmatches, etc.

I wonder if anyone here will be interested in attending a public super stock war that would be free and would not necessitate a minimum number of participants...

Our group, BucksNerf, is trying to get off the ground and attempting to run public nerf wars in Bucks County PA with stock and slightly modified nerf blasters, in a public park such as Core Creek State Park or Tyler State Park in PA. Some key differences would be that our wars will always be free to participate and blasters would have to look stock and be obvious as toys (no gun-like repaints because we're playing outside in a public park) also we just use normal nerf blasters, and some modified blasters, with stock darts.

Over on Reddit / BucksNerf, few PA area nerfers and myself have been discussing our area's lack of super stock nerf community, and BucksNerf is our most recent attempt to remedy the situation. Our goal is to get a normal war going similar to what we see the Bay Area Nerf crew doing in their public nerf wars. We're planning to eventually schedule a war if we can find just a few more nerfers and decide on a day.

Edited by DblDrgn, 30 October 2015 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users