Photo

OMW Hammershot O-Tac S1 Kit

3 replies to this topic

#1 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

My OMW Hammershot kit just arrived. Here are some pics of the kit and initial remarks

Packaging is nice. The mold quality not so much. If you look carefully you will see a distinctive line down the barrel, almost looks like a crack but its the what it is molded.
Posted Image

What comes in the kit
Posted Image

The new internals. My hammer on the thumb area looks really chewed up. Not sure if its the mold or a dog was at the factory
Posted Image

The new barrel. What is puzzling is the half circle opening for the darts instead of a full circle. I forget if the original plunger design is only a half circle
Posted Image

Posted Image

And the implant patient.Currently has a Blasterparts Hammershot kit with a 9KG spring. Let's see how the OMW kits stacks up when I am done.
Posted Image

#2 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Well finally got around to installing this kit. I must say, I am disappointed, OMW. This is not a drop in kit at all and needed a lot of modding to make it work smoothly.

Let me see where should I start (I'm sure many of you have heard about the issues already, I'm just going to back them up)

- Barrel fit was fugly. Had to sand and dremel it so it would seat correctly.
- The hammer did fit right. Had to sand and dremel the guide so it would be able to engage.
- Trigger, well it sucked. The rubber coating on mine was peeling and it would get stuck when you pulled the trigger. Had to remove the peeling rubber and trim the trigger to make it work. Winding the trigger spring was not the fix to my issue to increase the return.
- The barrel, well after I initially put it all back together the performance gain was negligible. barely 80fps with new darts. I ended up drilling the barrels out and now it gets full air flow and gets avg 92fps. Much more respectable. And the AR is still intact and functioning.
- The foam that sealed the barrel to the AR was damaged due to the tight tolerance gap between the new barrel and AR. I had to repair it with some E6000.

All in all, this kit needed work. After all the tweaks I did, it's a much happier blaster now. Here is the updated pic of the barrel and install.

Posted Image

Nice to have 6 shots though. I think I'm going to have to throw this on Ebay.

#3 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

That is all I have heard about this kit, it took them forever to get it out, and it still a mess. $40 for something that barely adds 10FPS and one shot is not worth it.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#4 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

$40 for something that barely adds 10FPS and one shot is not worth it.

Agreed, but one must accept that this is more or less groundbreaking. The Hammershot itself clearly doesn't accept a 6 cylinder design, yet OMW found a way (with extensive tweaking, granted) to make it work. Personally, I wouldn't buy the kit simply for its flawed principle; one extra shot will never be the critical difference in a war, especially if one is conservative of ammunition. As a sidearm 5 darts is sufficient, and as a primary 6 is too few. The allure of the kit is not in its performance increase, but instead in the idea. As a long time Maverick fan, I look forward to the 8 dart Strongarm, or 16 dart Flipfury, or 12 dart Cycloneshot. What you buy is not performance, its an idea. Whether or not that spark of motivation and happiness is worth $40 is up to the unfortunate buyer.
I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users