Photo

Stryfe mods

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mattakers

Mattakers

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

So, I've decided to modify a stryfe instead of a demolisher. I went to a hobby store to look at LiPo's, but the owner of the store said I should use a Nickel-Metal Hydride battery. I looked into it, and I found a 6 cell NiMH battery has almost the same voltage as a 2 cell LiPO. Which one would you recommend? What is a good AC charger for a NiMH battery? I wanted to use these motors. Can a 6 cell NiMH battery power that? What kind of range should I expect? Does the shell need to be modified to fit the new motors? What is a good replacement switch for the rev trigger? Thanks for helping!

Edited by Mattakers, 11 May 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#2 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Those are 130 size motors so you should not have to modify the shell. I don't know about the other stuff.

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Falcon 130's, the motors you linked to, are commonly powered by 3s Lithium ion packs.

People report muzzle velocities of ~110fps with this set up.

The Zippy Compact is supposedly small enough to fit inside the battery tray with a little body work.

As always, I recommend the Accucel-6 charger, I started using it two years ago with my multicopter batteries and it's simply an amazing product at a reasonable price.

No, 130 motors do not require cutting the shell.

Never listen to the salesmen at the store, there goal is to sell you whatever they have in stock. Guaranteed the battery, and probably the charger, I recommended are cheaper. Not only are they cheaper but they are tried and trued with a plethora of flywheel nerfers across the globe.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 10 May 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#4 DLO01

DLO01

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

As Duke and Pop Tart said. Falcon motors on a 3S LiPo (Lithium Polymer). 105-110 fps on average tested myself.
Heres some proof: Falcons on 3S

Edited by DLO01, 10 May 2015 - 04:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users