Photo

Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Kenner owned by Hasbro, GB3 in reach, new toys?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

Been thinking about this, and this might be worth a discussion.

Hasbro has aquired Kenner, and could easily reproduce some of the toys from their Ghostbusters line once the new movie comes around.

I mean they had previous toys that got quite close already in terms of style (Neutrona Blaster, Rapid-Fire Ecto Blaster, etc).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I was looking at some of the recent Nerf blasters, and a thought crossed my mind: Which of the current line of blasters would make great Ghostbuster toys?

Not just as in "slap a GB sticker on it" and maybe a white paint job, but as in an actual toy for the (inevitable) GB3 line.

The ones I would think of would of course be the Vortex line, because the Proton already feels like a Hand-held-ghosttrap IMHO.

Dunno, but what do you guys/girls think about this?

#2 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

Well, apparently Hasbro is discontinuing Vortex, which makes me sad, although there is a fan petition on Blasterlabs I think to save it. If it succeeds, they could make some cool vortex ghostbusters blasters.

#3 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Seen that petition, even signed it myself. Kinda like them, except for the last ones in the Zombie Strike line, those felt like rushed prototypes.

But I think so too, they could make nice GB blasters, especially with the glow-in-the-dark discs.

Heck, I'd even take GB Super Soakers if Hasbro would release some with backpacks and CPS systems inside.

#4 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

Unfortunately, they can't do CPS systems, they lost the patent on that :/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#5 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

They lost the patent to one of their bigger cash cows!? My god, Lonnie Johnsons patent was what got the ball rolling in the first place! Well, damn, that sucks.

#6 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

Is it really a bad thing? I see it as an opportunity for other companies to use the CPS tech.
On a different note, am I the only one that thinks the slimerizer, looks like it's shooting big gobs of ABC (Already Been Chewed) gum or pink "Poo"?...lol
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#7 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Well, kinda true, but I don't see BuzzBee releasing anything similiarly huge or as strikingly beautiful in design as the old 90s Super Soakers.

The Slimerizer was one of those unreleased toys though, but yes, it does looks like a poo-zooka.

#8 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

That's kind of depressing to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users