Photo

Need help making Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Voudun

Voudun

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

I'm sure everyone has heard of Blizzard's new IP, Overwatch.

And I'm just so in love this character. Reaper.
Posted Image

More Pics Here 1 2

Just look at those blasters that he's got! So here's an idea, why not nerf it? And where better to ask for help than here?

I'm hoping to make it aesthetically correct and functional. But I'm not too sure where to start. The nerf rough-cut is probably my best bet... but they don't fire so well.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Voudun, 18 March 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#2 BlasterHacker

BlasterHacker

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

I believe you need to buy these from Lord Drac, the Nerf Vampire:
Posted Image

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Roughcuts with major bodywork and a fine hand behind it.

Or...

Hammershots with major bodywork. They won't be to scale, but you might find them more useful.

When you say, "Need help making" I doubt there is anybody who will be able to guide you through the bodywork and aesthetics of a build like this.

If you want it done right commission a prop builder, unless of course you decide to give it your best go.

Edit: I have not heard of Overwatch, (Oh the Irony) so thank you for the explanation.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 14 March 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#4 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

I'm sure everyone has heard of Blizzard's new IP, Overwatch.

And I'm just so in love this character.
Posted Image

Just look at those blasters that he's got! So here's an idea, why not nerf it? And where better to ask for help than here?

I'm hoping to make it aesthetically correct and functional. But I'm not too sure where to start. The nerf rough-cut is probably my best bet... but they don't fire so well.

Anyone got any ideas?

Definetely roughcuts. Use some putty to smoothen out a few things and some shell work and some paint and you are done!

#5 ornothing77

ornothing77

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

rough cuts with poly carb plates bolted onto the side then carve or cut away the vents and other divots. the sling mount on the top of the blaster could be turned into the "hammer"

#6 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

I agree, they do look like rough cuts. However, you may also want to consider using longstrikes without the stock or barrel extension instead. The sides are already flat and there are a lot of cool shell details to paint.

Here's an example:
http://fav.me/d3clqjc

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#7 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

I agree, they do look like rough cuts. However, you may also want to consider using longstrikes without the stock or barrel extension instead. The sides are already flat and there are a lot of cool shell details to paint.

Here's an example:

But he's making shotguns... Roughcuts are shotguns, and longstrikes aren't.

#8 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

Agree with the consensus... Roughcut, the profile is perfect.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#9 Voudun

Voudun

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the input guys! Definitely gonna get me a pair of roughcuts and longstrikes! The thrift store awaits!

Here's an example:

But he's making shotguns... Roughcuts are shotguns, and longstrikes aren't.

I agree with ravetrooper. Even though the character's weapons are shotguns, they're eerily similar to the longstrike minus the the stock and barrel.

#10 mudkipforever

mudkipforever

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

OR.. You could intergrate rough cuts and hammer shots lol, not sure how it would turn out but sounds cool

#11 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

OR.. You could intergrate rough cuts and hammer shots lol, not sure how it would turn out but sounds cool

That would be freakin amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users