Hello!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

Ahhh..... NH. Good to be back! *Hem*,

Okay, so my buds and I bust out the PCs. Everything goes fine and then one of these beasts starts to "skip." This foam-shooting-piece-of-plastic has only had the removable clip and air restrictor mods... no air bladder reductions or whatnot. So, whats wrong? I narrowed it down to the green "piston" being a bitch.... and that's where yall come in.... any help is appreciated!

W
Pant rifle, wind sock, and bacon wand are funny words, eh?

#2 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:53 PM

Holy crap! You're back! I remember you from Nerf Online days, you had the Dr. Evil avatar! I was a newbie, and registered as Lildinoman. Welcome back.

*nostalgia*

That's it.

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:18 PM

On the inside of the case towards the middle of the channel the clips slide into, you will see a half inch square molded into each side of the case. Inside these squares you should find two small spring-loaded catches that help keep the clip from sliding down and tend to make its travel a bit 'clickier'. If one or both of these are missing it can cause problems. Sometimes they are missing on new guns, sometimes they fall out without you noticing when you open it up for the clip mod. No known solution for this problem other than firing the gun sideways, gangsta-style.

The screws, particularly towards the front of the gun, must be tightened to a very close tolerance. The above-mentioned catches, plus the rails molded into the case that the clip slides on are very finicky about case tightness. Play around with loosening or tightening various screws around this area and see if you can improve the situation.

Frequently, after a PC has been opened up the forward end of the green piston won't be seated fully in the side rail it slides on. Similarly, the foam-faced bit of plastic between this piston and the clip will often not quite get back into the spot it's supposed to be in. Open the gun up and wiggle these pieces around to make sure they are in their correct positions.

If all else fails, your new PC is in the mail.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Wads15

Wads15

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

Well, looks like that trade was done just in time. Thanks, mon.
Pant rifle, wind sock, and bacon wand are funny words, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users