Photo

Retaliator CPVC barrel replacement

14 replies to this topic

#1 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

As far as I know no one ahs done a barrel replacement on a Retaliator and I wanted to try to do one just for Shits and Giggles.

Before starting i will ask you to watch the youtube video i am going to link because the priming of the blaster becomes a little unique.

http://youtu.be/eJxoj3rC2mI

OK now for what oyu have all been waiting for.

Materials:
CPVC ( 1 1/2' or more)
A philips head screw
Nerf Retaliator

Tools:
Screw driver
wire cutters
exacto knife

Step ONE:
Remove all screws from the retaliator body.
Posted Image
There will be two screws hidden under the charging slide at the font of the gun as shown here.

Step TWO:
Split shell and remove unnecessary locks
Posted Image
At circle one you will find two white locks remove both. so that it resembles the picture shown.
At circle two you will find two small screws on the bottom side of the very back of the bolt sled remove those and the pieces that come lose.

Step three:
remove all the internals so that the gun is empty except for the front muzzle of the gun
Posted Image
Next at circle three you will see a flap that blockes the barrel from being placed through. you will remove this by pulling out the pin that is holding the flap onto the muzzle of the gun.

step four:
next cut a piece of your preferred 1/2 CPVC to a length of 11"

step five:
next take the front barrel that the dart is loaded into originally and remove it from the bolt sled by sliding out the retaining pin.
then cut it down untill you get this (I used diagonal cutters). then drill a hole slightly smaller then the philips head screw you have tnto the same location shown in my picture.
Posted Image

Step six:
wrap e-tape around one end of the new barrel untill it fits snuggly into the front of the plunger tube as shown in circle 4
Posted Image

step seven:
next place the pice you cut out of the front barrel in step five back into the bolt sled and replace the retaining pin. Then place the bolt sled and plunger tube(with the new CPVC barel in it) into the retaliator shell after sliding the barrel into the bolt sled.
Posted Image
it should look like this befor being put into the retaliator shell.
Posted Image
this is what it should look like inside the shell.(Make sure the nub on the inside of the shell from the charging slide fits into the bolt sleds designated hole)

step eight:
with the plunger tube slid all the way forward, slide the charging slide all the way forward (if you cant you will half to trimm the piece cut in step five so it doesnt contact the muzzle piece.) once the slide and bolt sled are all the way forward mark with a permanent marker through the hole you made in step five onto the CPVC tube. drill out a hole of the same size as in step five. then line up the holes and screw in the philips head screw(I placed some CPVC cement onto the cut piece from step five and the CPVC tube for extra support.)

step nine:
replace all the necessary parts such as the spring, the trigger, and the catch. other then that like stated in step two all locks are unnecessary.
Posted Image
oh i forgot to mention you half to remove the dart tooth from the gun as well its shown in circle 5 i also circled the spring, catch, and trigger. showing how you need then obviously.

step ten:
now for the final step just put your gun back together and be sure to watch my video to see how it functions oh and you have to leave the rear plunger cover off which also means you cant use a stock. i am tryin to fix this glitch but for now this is how it functions.

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

That thing is a piece of shit and a waist of a retaliator. A couplered nite finder is better than that thing.

#3 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

hey im not saying its a good blaster i just modded it for shits and giggles like i said so i really dont care honestly

#4 deathturtle

deathturtle

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

Droid's right. Did you even make a breach?

Edited by deathturtle, 06 January 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#5 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

no i didnt make a breach. this is my first mod give me credit man i mean i am extremley new to this....

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

POPULAR

Wow the lack of respect is astounding. Even if someone's mod wouldn't be useful to your brand of needing doesn't mean you should just tell him to go fuck off. Ever heard of constructive criticism?

For instance: Perhaps this could be minimized (cut off the magwell) and/or integrated into another blaster. For instance, it could be an underslung holdout shot on a rapid strike.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 Tobias

Tobias

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Wow the lack of respect is astounding. Even if someone's mod wouldn't be useful to your brand of needing doesn't mean you should just tell him to go fuck off. Ever heard of constructive criticism?

For instance: Perhaps this could be minimized (cut off the magwell) and/or integrated into another blaster. For instance, it could be an underslung holdout shot on a rapid strike.

Thank you for stating this. It looks to be one of his first mods and when we were first starting this hobby we made shitty things that don't function too well (no offense) simply because that's how first mods end up.

I think 11" of CPVC may be a bit too much. Have you tried it with shorter lengths and compared ranges?

Edited by Tobias, 04 January 2015 - 11:59 AM.

Realistically my name is Tobias, but you can just call me Toby.

#8 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

i did cut down the barrel but 11" was just a starting point. i will measure and post the new length. and thank you jwasko it really is assuring to know there are still good people out there who respect the newbie.

#9 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Ya I understand, but this looks like in the pictures the same dumb ass that was asking how to build a snaps, and then the next day was trying to sell them.

Edited by Droid31, 04 January 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#10 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ya I understand, but this looks like in the pictures the same dumb ass that was asking how to build a pump snap, and then the next day was trying to sell them.

Bro, you really need to chill out. Like WAY THE FUCK OUT.

#11 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

I was thinking at first that the mod wasn't going to be that practical. But after thinking about it for a couple days... I think with some fine tuning and then toning the mod, I think that it would be really interesting. It would be like a recon/retaliator pistol with a barrel replacement.

Ya I understand, but this looks like in the pictures the same dumb ass that was asking how to build a snaps, and then the next day was trying to sell them.

And droid: Yes this is the same guy who asked how to build a snap, and then tried to sell it the next day. but you got to give him some slack, and not go off on all the FNG's for the smallest mistakes they make.

Now I'm not saying that he, you, or I am perfect. We were all at his level of modding at one time or another.

Edited by rockinon96, 06 January 2015 - 03:23 PM.

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#12 deathturtle

deathturtle

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

no i didnt make a breach. this is my first mod give me credit man i mean i am extremley new to this....

I apologize for the language, that was a bit much.

#13 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

thank you for the apology

#14 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

Now i have found out how to fix the charging problem.

Now you just have to take the piece cut out in step five. You need to un-screw it and if it is glued you need to pry it off. now i have found out that just pvc glue is enough to hold the tension. So you will half to slide the pvc back so that the piece from step 5 from the front is placed 4 1/2" from the back of the pvc tube. You will have to add another row of electrical tape to the back of the pipe to add more of a sealing surface.

Posted Image

Also I cut the barrel down from 11" to 7".

#15 BroWatchoutForThatWombat

BroWatchoutForThatWombat

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

A lot of people are hating on this but adding a larger section of PVC around the end of the extension (for flash suppressor) and then painting it could look like a pretty cool pistol with a barrel extension. Another idea is making it so the barrel extension go through the stock barrel extension (with larger section of PVC like mentioned before) for realism. I am actually considering this mod for mine to make a Uzi W/ barrel extension Nerf gun (It would be just a show gun of course).

int wombats;

int love  = 0;

wombats = love;

if ( wombats == love )

{

cout << "Wombats are love, Wombats are life" << endl;

return 0;

}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users