#1 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:New York
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

They have a coupon code good for September only, it's "FBHalf" found on their facebook page. This will give you half price shipping. Here's the link for those interested.

I, as well as several others, have had difficulty finding this mythical thinwall PVC. I mean McMaster doesn't even stock this shit. Here you can get it for a fair price, and the shipping doesn't totally ream you so long as you use the code above. It also seems that they have shipping discounts fairly often; their facebook page shows that they had discounts for July and August too. Might be a good idea to follow it, particularly if you are like me and have no means of getting this stuff locally.

I am in no way affiliated with FlexPVC. I just shop there. Didn't put this in the "modding materials" thread because it's such a niche material. And also time sensitive.

EDIT: My order was ten two foot long pipes of 1-1/2 thinwall PVC. Shipping was reduced to 10.16 USD.

Edited by Aeromech, 20 September 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

http://www.doitbest....d=64&sku=409034

The pipe is a little thinner and it tends to come in dirty and scratched, but if you can pick it up in store its the cheapest thinwall you can buy.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

Thank you Langley, I'll keep that in mind next time. I went to several different hardware stores, even one that specialized in plumbing, and could not find it. The store manager never even heard of the stuff, it's just not stocked out here. There is no real demand for it on Long Island, but next time I order I'll give this channel a shot.
Watch my shitty videos

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thank you Langley, I'll keep that in mind next time. I went to several different hardware stores, even one that specialized in plumbing, and could not find it. The store manager never even heard of the stuff, it's just not stocked out here. There is no real demand for it on Long Island, but next time I order I'll give this channel a shot.

You'll probably find that it is almost always used in underground applications, such as sprinkler systems. The idea is that the dirt packed in around the pipe adds additional inward force, counteracting the outward force of the water pressure. I haven't checked for years, but Lowe's used to carry it in their outside garden area. NOT with the other plumbing.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

POPULAR

You'll probably find that it is almost always used in underground applications, such as sprinkler systems. The idea is that the dirt packed in around the pipe adds additional inward force, counteracting the outward force of the water pressure. I haven't checked for years, but Lowe's used to carry it in their outside garden area. NOT with the other plumbing.

I have been able to find up to 1.25" thinwall at lowes and they recently put it in it's own rack in the pipe isle. No 1.5 though.

Edited by spencerak, 21 September 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#6 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,160 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/MeakerVI on Reddit

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

My local Lowes carries it in the same aisle as the rest of the PVC/ABS. Standard PVC is usually used for drain pipe; CPVC, PEX, and copper are for supply. From Charlotte Pipe:

PVC Schedule 30 Thin Wall Pipe is for non-pressure systems where temperatures will not exceed 140 F. It is lightweight, non-toxic and is commonly used in drainage applications such as residential gutter run off and DWV. Installation requires primer and solvent cement.

So, landscape drainage and domestic waste venting (DWV).

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

My local Lowes carries it in the same aisle as the rest of the PVC/ABS. Standard PVC is usually used for drain pipe; CPVC, PEX, and copper are for supply. From Charlotte Pipe:

So, landscape drainage and domestic waste venting (DWV).

Seems reasonable for the larger sizes, though 1/2" or 3/4" for drainage seems unlikely. Of course, most systems are using the flexible poly pipe tubing now, which is much easier to work with.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

Be sure to browse their FANTASTIC selection of oddball PVC fittings. They generally have great prices on standard fittings as well, and they were my only source of 1/2" PVC wyes before Mcmaster dropped the price on them by a factor of 10. FlexPVC is still significantly cheaper than McMaster for the wyes, $1.18 vs $1.51 each, but since I live next to McMaster it's just easier to get them there for me.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#9 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

The idea is that the dirt packed in around the pipe adds additional inward force...

I am aroused. It's just stuff that isn't stocked normally on Long Island, as are many things, unfortunately.

Be sure to browse their FANTASTIC selection of oddball PVC fittings. They generally have great prices on standard fittings as well, and they were my only source of 1/2" PVC wyes before Mcmaster dropped the price on them by a factor of 10. FlexPVC is still significantly cheaper than McMaster for the wyes, $1.18 vs $1.51 each, but since I live next to McMaster it's just easier to get them there for me.

This right here. I use them for this too. They have the weird multi-barrel attachments and a lot of specialty stuff, that's how I first heard about it.
Watch my shitty videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users