A "cool" hot glue dome technique

My newfound technique for making glue domes that I've never seen b

9 replies to this topic

#1 xXasskickerXx

xXasskickerXx

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

I just ordered enough supplies to make 240 Stefans so I've been practicing making glue domes on old elites and streamlines so I can find a good technique and I found a really "cool one".
If you run an ice cube on the outside of the dome it cools the outside but the inside is still liquid. This gives you 2 things one is that the tip doesn't drip and the other is that if you don't touch it for too long you can shape it with your hands. I was experimenting with round pointed and flat domes and it seems the flat ones are easiest.
-kika

#2 Scixer5

Scixer5

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

... You are going to make glue domes????? Slugs are the thing these days, and are what is required at many wars. It is a waste of time and money to make glue domes. Just make slugs.

Edited by Scixer5, 23 August 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#3 F1Nerf

F1Nerf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Scixer5: It is not a waste of time to make glue domes. Some wars still use them, & when they do, they have an aerodynamic advantage over slugs. Southeast wars still allow for all glue domes, with the exception of slingshot-weighted domes.
xXasskikaXx: If you've found something special with the production of glue domes, then great; make some domes. Hopefully you'll get to use them in a war soon.
F1Nerf

#4 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

Silicone is the future.

#5 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Silicone is the future.

Bow chicka wow wow

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#6 TheNerfingFlamingo

TheNerfingFlamingo

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Scixer5: It is not a waste of time to make glue domes. Some wars still use them, & when they do, they have an aerodynamic advantage over slugs. Southeast wars still allow for all glue domes, with the exception of slingshot-weighted domes.
xXasskikaXx: If you've found something special with the production of glue domes, then great; make some domes. Hopefully you'll get to use them in a war soon.

Unless youre attending rekt.
I killed a man with my titan.

#7 F1Nerf

F1Nerf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

TheNerfingFlamingo: REKT isn't the norm though. I was mainly referring to the NoMNEs & the like. But yes, there is the occasional "uncensored"-type war where even slingshot domes are legal.
Edit: Ah darn, should've put that in my first post.

Edited by F1Nerf, 23 August 2014 - 08:47 PM.

F1Nerf

#8 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

The ice cube or cool water method is pretty common, but congratulations on coming up with it on your own.

Silicone isn't even the future, it is current, useable, and inexpensive. But it is not quick.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Xxxx, to my knowledge, slug style darts are the norm in the northeast US. Being from Massachusetts, you will likely never get to use them in your/my region. While glue domes are not outright banned in, say, the south east or the California nerf scene, don't expect to use your darts up in here.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#10 xXasskickerXx

xXasskickerXx

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Xxxx, to my knowledge, slug style darts are the norm in the northeast US. Being from Massachusetts, you will likely never get to use them in your/my region. While glue domes are not outright banned in, say, the south east or the California nerf scene, don't expect to use your darts up in here.

Wait holdup another nerfer from the northeast?
-kika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users