Dart Pusher Fires Continuously

3 replies to this topic

#1 WaveRacer

WaveRacer

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hi NerfHaven! First Post!

Anyway, I recently bought a RapidStrike and was loving it until I encountered a problem. Once I have the motor up and ready to fire, I pull the trigger. The blaster fires darts, but doesn't stop firing darts. With one quick pull and release of the trigger it will empty the entire magazine. In fact, the white dart pusher (which is visible through the jam clearing door) continues to move back and forth after all darts have emptied and after the motor has stopped. I have to open and close the jam door many times until it finally stops and receeds back into the blaster.

Is there a quick fix for this or do I have to take it back to the store?

Thanks!!

#2 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi NerfHaven! First Post!

Anyway, I recently bought a RapidStrike and was loving it until I encountered a problem. Once I have the motor up and ready to fire, I pull the trigger. The blaster fires darts, but doesn't stop firing darts. With one quick pull and release of the trigger it will empty the entire magazine. In fact, the white dart pusher (which is visible through the jam clearing door) continues to move back and forth after all darts have emptied and after the motor has stopped. I have to open and close the jam door many times until it finally stops and receeds back into the blaster.

Is there a quick fix for this or do I have to take it back to the store?

Thanks!!

The white pusher mech seems to not be tripping the cycle control switch- sounds defective from factory, or badly modded and returned. Get a new one.

#3 WaveRacer

WaveRacer

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Okay thanks for the reply!

I'll have to wait until the store gets another one. These seem to be very popular. I had to go to 6 stores before I found the last one at a target.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just as a general rule of thumb... if it doesn't work right out of the box; RETURN IT! You are paying for this privilege when you buy new. There's no telling what else could be wrong with the blaster either. I saw a fully stocked endcap of $25 rapidstrikes when I went to my local target a few days ago... try calling stores and giving them the item number before you waste your time actually visiting only to come out empty handed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users