but this one's speshul!

71 replies to this topic

#26 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

Hm.. Fiberglass eh? Maybe once I get better at modding, or rather more advanced, I can move up to using more complicated materials.

Lol Thirst, once I think about it, I've been nerfing for maybe... 8 years? I just started actually modding them this year though. I had my first guns when I was around 6, never really stopped since then.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 01 July 2004 - 12:23 PM.

#27 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

He's been Nerfing longer? Really? I've never seen or heard of him. I've been Nerfing for 7 years. Only modding for 6 months, though. And, Thirst, I'm not a cocky n00b, so bite your forked tongue.

PS. Katachi, what the hell is with this quoting stuff? I DONT EAT BABIES! :P

Edited by Hunter, 01 July 2004 - 12:27 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#28 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

anything over 80$, no matter how well crafted or old or unique or rare or anything, is an assload of money for a plastic toy gun. People spend HUNDREDS of dollars on EQ accounts and other shit like that, I don't get that either. I see how someone would ASK for that much money, I just cant beleive anyone would PAY it, ya know?
~SS

#29 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

Eh, I get it as well. To be honest, I would not pay over $25 for really any nerf gun. Partially because I'm poor, and partially because I know there are idiots around here that would sell them for $5 or $10.

~ompa

#30 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

He's been Nerfing longer? Really? I've never seen or heard of him. I've been Nerfing for 7 years. Only modding for 6 months, though. And, Thirst, I'm not a cocky n00b, so bite your forked tongue.

PS. Katachi, what the hell is with this quoting stuff? I DONT EAT BABIES!  :P

Awwww :P no baby eaters in the forum. Ah well, more for me then.

Yeah hopefully when these new guns come out, and IF they're halfway decent, we'll see more people modding guns. Personally, I want to take that 6 shot semi auto and put all the barrels closer together. And hack that shell up and take off all the unnecessary stuff.

If they really are being sold in a set only, there will probably be a market for selling the guns seperately, especially if they were modded and painted proper. Unfortunately, there's no new Crossbow so those will have to be custom built.

Shortshit: believe it. There are tons of rich kids, or gamers desparate to get attention from having the best gun. Yeah it's just a plastic toy gun, but some people have money to throw around. You'd be suprised at what people would pay $100-400 for...

Edited by Katachi, 01 July 2004 - 12:37 PM.

"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#31 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

Maybe, but if you just spend a bit of time you could probably find the same plastic gun within 50 miles of you for probably 1/4 the price.

~ompa

#32 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

Maybe, but if you just spend a bit of time you could probably find the same plastic gun within 50 miles of you for probably 1/4 the price.

~ompa

That's why you gotta sell custom or rare pieces that people CAN'T find elswhere. Selling Nite Finders won't get you anywhere, but selling Crossbows, Powerclips, or high demand, custom, or rare guns is where the money was. Lock n Loads aren't really worth as much now that the Tech Target and Nite Finder are out. On a good day, you can find someone to pay $100+ for a crossbow and $50+ for a Powerclip. It's just a matter of watching and waiting for the supply to run low and the demand to rise.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#33 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:48 PM

I suppose... but I still think looking to friends works great, unless of course you're in college or are an adult. However, in high school is a prime time to look for nerf guns from friends. You can get so many deals since almost none of them nerf anymore.

~ompa

#34 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

I suppose... but I still think looking to friends works great, unless of course you're in college or are an adult. However, in high school is a prime time to look for nerf guns from friends. You can get so many deals since almost none of them nerf anymore.

~ompa

Yeah most of the people we play with and sell to are in college. Nerf's legal on campus. Paintball isnt :P. The people we play with are probably 17-24.

#35 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

Hm.. has anyone ever tried modifying a nerf gun to shoot those little mini-paintballs? I mean, if it worked and had good range, you couldn't really argue if you got hit or not. And if people stored the ammo in their pockets you could smack them and laugh when they have a HUGE paint stain on their pants.

~ompa

#36 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:10 PM

You'd be suprised at what people would pay $100-400 for...

Maybe when I'm rich and famous a decade from now I will truly understand! It would also be different if the CB was still one of the only really good loser weapons like it was back in the day, but now the AT2K and the SM5k and the SM1500 and the Maxshot and blah blah blah all have comperable'ish ranges to that, so there is really no reason to search out an X-bow unless its your favorite gun EVERERERERER and you just only want to use that gun.

edit: Mini painballs? how much do they weight/cost!? LINK :P nerf with mini paintballs would be kinda a cool function as far as the "did i hit u" ness of it, sure it would only work in airguns but thatd be a fun little option ha!

Edited by ShortShit, 01 July 2004 - 01:12 PM.

~SS

#37 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Short's right. With all these great guns now out, the classics have somewhat lost their value. I mean, when you can get the same performance for $50+ less, why not do it? However, if you can get your hands on a x-bow for the same price as a maxshot, why not?

~ompa

#38 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:14 PM

You'd be suprised at what people would pay $100-400 for...

Maybe when I'm rich and famous a decade from now I will truly understand! It would also be different if the CB was still one of the only really good loser weapons like it was back in the day, but now the AT2K and the SM5k and the SM1500 and the Maxshot and blah blah blah all have comperable'ish ranges to that, so there is really no reason to search out an X-bow unless its your favorite gun EVERERERERER and you just only want to use that gun.

edit: Mini painballs? how much do they weight/cost!? LINK :P nerf with mini paintballs would be kinda a cool function as far as the "did i hit u" ness of it, sure it would only work in airguns but thatd be a fun little option ha!

Yeah but how many times do you have to pump those other guns? The Crossbow is just one pull and you're ready. If it was one pump, and they shot as far and as accurate as a well modded Crossbow, I could see how people would prefer them over Crossbows. Anything with an airtank just looks silly to me, personally... :P That Crossbow's got style.

#39 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:15 PM

*cough* maxshot *cough*

Short, I'll see if I can find it, but I KNOW I've seen them around.. give me a minute.

here's the airsoft version of paintballs, and I'm sure you could adapt nerf guns to use them. I'm pretty sure there are bigger ones though.. I just gotta find them somewhere...

AHA! I found it! I think... .40 calibur paintballs here, at the bottom of the page.

Speak of the devil... those things should work well in 17/32 brass... DAMN I wish I had a few to try them out.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 01 July 2004 - 01:21 PM.

#40 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:21 PM

Only modding for 6 months

When I say nerfing, I mean modding.

Thirst, I'm not a cocky n00b, so bite your forked tongue.

If you take offence to that, what makes you think he didnt. And by saying "bite yours forked toung", you are...

If you hadnt figured it out, I was joking. I even put a dman smiley after it. And said "Its all in good fun". You really gotta chill man.

THIRST
ko

#41 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

now I can see you saying that the airguns might not be as aesthetically pleasing as an Xbow, but the Maxshot is, I would say a BETTER gun than the Xbow. EASY as pie to cock, no need for bands, compacts, all it could use is another handle and a stock if you still wanted the rifle feel. If you were trying to imply that pumping is really an issue and a reason the Xbow is better I dont really buy that. It takes TOPS and extra SECOND to prime an airgun apposed to a cock gun. It's really not that much of a difference bettween 3/4 pumps and one hard level.

Edited by ShortShit, 01 July 2004 - 01:27 PM.

~SS

#42 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

It's ok man, just cry it out... We're here for you.

(By here for you I mean we're sitting here laughing our asses off.)
Ok I'm done.

Wait, no I'm not. I agree with Shortshit, the priming time is really not that bad. Just learn to pump fast. If anyone takes that the wrong way, you deserve to have a hot brand shoved up your ass.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 01 July 2004 - 01:24 PM.

#43 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

*cough* maxshot *cough*

Short, I'll see if I can find it, but I KNOW I've seen them around.. give me a minute.

here's the airsoft version of paintballs, and I'm sure you could adapt nerf guns to use them. I'm pretty sure there are bigger ones though.. I just gotta find them somewhere...

AHA! I found it! I think... .40 calibur paintballs here, at the bottom of the page.

~ompa

Okay, Maxshot then. Guess it's just a matter of personal taste when it comes to the Crossbow now. I prefer spring guns over pumps. We really don't play games that require being able to shoot 100+ feet at a target anyway. Mostly close quarters and tactical.

#44 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:26 PM

Just to spite you; *cough* maximizer *cough*

~ompa

#45 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

We really don't play games that require being able to shoot 100+ feet at a target anyway.

I've never played an indoor war, but I agree that I've never seen someone shoot someone else from over 70 feet away TOPS. Hell if you look at Vacc in the arm.vid. he almost never snipes with his Xbow, he runs RIGHT UP to the person, then shoots them! lol
~SS

#46 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:35 PM

It's ok man, just cry it out... We're here for you.

(By here for you I mean we're sitting here laughing our asses off.)
Ok I'm done.

Wait, no I'm not. I agree with Shortshit, the priming time is really not that bad. Just learn to pump fast. If anyone takes that the wrong way, you deserve to have a hot brand shoved up your ass.

~ompa

The hell? You think I'm crying about it? I could care less what gun you like the most. There's enough decent guns out there now so that everyone can have a favorite. If they work, they work. It's not going to make you a better player. A n00b with a maxshot is still a n00b. But getting back to the original discussion, some people prefer Crossbows over other guns and they're willing to pay more for one, since Crossbows already have a reputation for being good guns.

If you're playing a tactial game and you need to lay down a supressive fire so that your other teammates can flank, pumping is a waste of time. 3-4 pumps versus one plunger pull does make a difference when you're trying to cover someone. I don't know. Maybe you all play more "deathmatch" one-on-one style games.

#47 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

Not you, Hunter.

If you take offence to that, what makes you think he didnt. And by saying "bite yours forked toung", you are...

If you hadnt figured it out, I was joking. I even put a dman smiley after it. And said "Its all in good fun". You really gotta chill man.

THIRST

That was regarding hunter.

Eh, and if you're looking for support fire, Why not just use a PC, WF, or RF20? They spray enough darts.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 01 July 2004 - 01:38 PM.

#48 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:37 PM

No. The maxshot is not nearly as good as the xbow.

The Xbow is much more durable, and is maintainable. The things a real workhorse. Whatever happens to it, it can be fixed. The maxshot on the other hand is quite the opposite. Not durable, hard to fix, and defiantly not as asthetically pleasing.

THIRST

Ompa, I dont get it?

Edited by THIRST, 01 July 2004 - 01:39 PM.

ko

#49 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:38 PM

Not you, Hunter.

THIRST

That was regarding hunter.

Eh, and if you're looking for support fire, Why not just use a PC, WF, or RF20? They spray enough darts.

~ompa

reload time. I used to play with Wildfires but they're not very accurate. If you can put a dart just above the guy's head, or where it would be if he wasn't hiding, you can keep him down just as easily as with a constant full auto spray, without having to stop, put 30 more darts in, pump 20 times, and continue.

Edited by Katachi, 01 July 2004 - 01:41 PM.

#50 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:40 PM

^
|
|

He speaks the truth.

THIRST
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic