12 replies to this topic

#1 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

CANCELED

When:

Saturday, November 2nd, or November 16th if that works better for everybody.
12:00 - 4:00

Where:

E 500N Road Momence, Illinois
GPS coordinates:
41.127264,-87.694148

Directions

Posted Image

The driveway is bordered by tall pine trees if that helps with finding it. I’ll try to mark it with something fluorescent.

Darts:
-Most of the ammo will be provided by us. These will most likely be predominantly molded silicone dome darts. More information on these can be found here and here. These either require special hoppers, or cornstarch to feed. We'll have a giant bag of corn starch so you don't have to worry about bringing it.
-You're welcome to bring your own darts as long as they are either the aforementioned dome darts, AMIORS, or some sort of soft ammo not containing metal or other hard substances(hot glue too). If they are pink foam make sure they're distinguishable from ours. Obviously the more darts the better so bring darts if you can.
-Stock darts (unmodified) is obviously allowed. Kane has a large stash of dart tag darts you'll be able to use.
-If you have something unique please check will us before the war to see if they're cool.

What to bring:
-Nerf/non-nerf blasters are allowed, but homemades are generally what most people use. If you don't have anything, we'll have extras to loan out.
-Eye Protection, if you're not wearing any, you don't play. We'll also probably have loaner glasses but don't count on it.
-Snacks. We won't be doing the typical schedule by having a lunch break in the middle of the war. You'll probably get hungry as you play, so bring something to munch on. Make sure you show up having already ate.

What not to bring:
-Slug darts, Glue domes, or any non-approved ammo.
-Air guns with an air tank larger than a Big Blast unless using them with multiple barrels. All blasters must have working over-pressure release valves. Bike pumps do not count. Homemade air guns will probably be determined on a case-by-case basis, but honestly I've never seen one that is worth using or legal.
-Springers should have less than 7" of draw assuming 1 1/4" PVC is your plunger tube. This really depends on the efficiency of your blaster so there will be some discretion by myself or Kane to determine what is or isn't safe. If it's any more powerful than a +bow you can guarantee it'll be banned.
-Blasters that are painted black or realistic looking gun-stuff. It's Nerf, not milsim.
-Kids who are 13 years old must have their parent(s) present the entire time they are participating.

General Gameplay Rules
-A hit is defined as some legal projectile, fired from a player that is "alive" and wearing eye protection, strikes a player or a player's blaster.
-Melee weapons can be used to block darts, but not large ammo. Anything larger than a dart tag dart is large ammo.
-Shields are allowed on a case-by-case basis, and only with the specific weapon that I approve it to be used with. Most melee/shield combos will be approved, few blaster/shield combos will be approved. Like swords, shields cannot block large ammo.
-Darts must be fired from a blaster of some sort (I'm pretty flexible on the definition of "blaster" here--blowguns are fine) to be considered legal projectiles, but large ammo can be thrown.
-When hit, players must acknowledge the hit (a wave or verbal acknowledgement works here), and promptly return to the respawn point. Players may pick up ammo if it's on the way back, but are expected to make a reasonable effort not to obstruct players on either team.

Miscellaneous Information:
-No Deathmatch (you won't have to sit out)
-Barrel tapping is not allowed.
-Do not pick up or move mobstacles during a round, unless otherwise noted. These will be staked in this year.
-There are no bathrooms at the site.
-There is no where to poop so don't ask the neighbors if you can poop there.

Gametypes
-Carpe Testiculum
-Meatgrinder
-Defend the Core
-VIP
-Others...

There will be variations of the games we're playing but this is a good thread to read if you're new.

=================================================================

BEFORE YOU LEAVE - Clean up all your shit and help pick up darts. Tearing down and setting up mobstacles is always appreciated.

Definites:

Bobbo(host) + ~5
Kane(host)
Ryan

Maybes:

Cheerios

Edited by bobbo, 12 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Oh hells yeah. I'd prefer the option that isn't next weekend.

What time should Kane and I get there?

#3 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

This sounds cool, I'll try to show up. Do you need the mobstacles?
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#4 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Oh hells yeah. I'd prefer the option that isn't next weekend.

What time should Kane and I get there?

I'll probably get there at 10:30ish and start setting up at 11

This sounds cool, I'll try to show up. Do you need the mobstacles?

Mobstacles would be great. I think Kane was going to handle transport if you can't make it.

#5 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'll probably get there at 10:30ish and start setting up at 11

Mobstacles would be great. I think Kane was going to handle transport if you can't make it.

I would definitely prefer if Cheerios made it. It would definitely make it easier to bring more blasters, which might be a limiting factor.

edit:

Oh, and what's the poop situation? Is it as grim as before, or did you just copy that in?

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 26 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#6 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I would definitely prefer if Cheerios made it. It would definitely make it easier to bring more blasters, which might be a limiting factor.

edit:

Oh, and what's the poop situation? Is it as grim as before, or did you just copy that in?

I don't know how much access we will have to the farm house bathroom, so prepare for the worst I guess.

#7 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Nov 16 I can possibly do. Nov 2 no way.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#8 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

My ride is going to leave around 4 so we will probably stop at 3:30. We can start early if anyone is up to it. I will try to get there at 10:30. Weather is mid 40's. See y'all out there.

#9 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

So it turns out I'm free the 16th so I will show up, but I won't have the mini-van so no mobstacles from me and I'll be leaving at 3:00-3:30. Zorn if you end up coming bring the crossbow.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#10 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

My ride is going to leave around 4 so we will probably stop at 3:30. We can start early if anyone is up to it. I will try to get there at 10:30. Weather is mid 40's. See y'all out there.

Is this the case for the 16th? We should try and start early anyway. It gets dark around 4:30 now.

10:00am sound like a good time to show up?

#11 bobbo

bobbo

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

My ride flaked out so this war isn't going to happen. We can definitely use this location in the future.

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Bonus!
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 Joe Espinoza

Joe Espinoza

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Is this going to reschedule? I would like to head to a war close to home
The Road Underfoot Is Certian To Become The Road Behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users