Photo

Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

November 16th, PA

65 replies to this topic

#1 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

When:
Saturday, November 16th
10:00 A.M.

Where:
Armstrong Park
Pittsburgh, PA

Gmap Link

Da Rules:
- Standard airgun bans. No singled Titans or anything larger than a 4B. Don't be one of "those" guys.
- Sceptors are allowed if the tanks are covered in something silly that makes the blaster look like a toy.
- No melee, no barrel taps.
- That's pretty much it. I'm sure you guys already know what's expected.

Darts:
- #6/#8 Slugs.
- Stock darts (if that's what floats your boat).

Game Types:
- Team 3:15
- Defend the Core
- Freeze Tag
- Carpe

If the LGLF are able to make it I would love to try Liberate the Lawn Gnome. From the gmap it appears that Armstrong has a good setup for this gametype.

Costumes:

Following Canada's Hell Before Halloween tradition, costumes will be optional but highly recommended attire. These can be of any variety that a.) don't impede play and b.) conform to state/federal laws. There *may* be a prize that goes to however wears the best costume if I manage to dig an older blaster or something out of storage.

Definites:
Xellah
ck32
Portal Calves (Carrie)
Swoll Pines
Blackey Chan
PBZ
NerfMonkey
Dom
BuffNerd
TheSilentRebel
Bowser
Gabe
Kronos
jwasko +1

Maybes:
hoongfu
Tangerle
Super0dp
Coolpants
Your Muse

Erotic:
Ted

Edited by Xellah, 10 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#2 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Attending.
My house is open for Jersey folks if they want to split their travels and for carpooling.

Left over costume requirement for a round?
"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#3 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

This sounds really interesting and I would love to come. I gota see how things pan out since its getting closer to my "big day" and also see how I can get transportation after I establish ability to come.

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Depending on where and when I might possibly want to go. Preferably later than sooner, so I can make the proper travel arrangements. I understand it'll be colder, but yeah.

#5 BuffNerd

BuffNerd

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm all for this because the Pittsburgh nerf crowd is not have a ton of wars. Do we have an idea of what dart restrictions would be. Sorry for possibly jumping the gun on this because this is tentative.
"God dammit Jax..."-Missile Defense Apoc 2014

Pittsburgh General Rules of Engagement:
1.) Fuck Running

#6 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I will be attending this war as far as I can tell.
I'm that really tall guy from APOC.

#7 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Holy shit, I'm going to beg my dad to go if it's near Pittsburgh. I could possibly go.
Gino

#8 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Count me in as a maybe, depending on where the war actually takes place, and also which weekend it occurs.
I assume there will be a poll later for the date, but the 16th and the 2nd work the best for me, and I almost definitely won't be able to come on the 9th.
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#9 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ugh, I am such an awful person. I definitely had promised you wonderful people nerfs for late October, and then excuses excuses blame excuses.

I will gladly help with the physical hosting, and any organizational things I can Xellah. I'm going to PM you my contact information so that I feel more compelled to not be a flake. I am also going to try and rouse the Dwarves and get us to shake the cobwebs off and maybe get around to doing things.

Kronos, If the war is here, I am going to highly recommend Armstrong, same as last war. It's our best park overall.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#10 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Kronos, If the war is here, I am going to highly recommend Armstrong, same as last war. It's our best park overall.

With the date now set in stone I am now a near definite maybe. I also second the use of Armstrong, mainly because I can't think of any other parks than Frick or schenly, which will definitely be in use. Armstrong is a great park anyways, especially because it has natural cover.

I am also wondering about dart restrictions, and I think we need to discuss, have a poll, or have one of the hosts make an executive decision. I know I personally would like to be able to use glue domes, but I understand that many don't like them, and prefer slugs.

My Youtube Channel

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hell yeah I'll be there. I've never liked slug darts but it's up to the guys who are coming from farther out.
SexD Warves

#12 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Count me as a maybe. I really want to go to at least 1 war this year but ill have to check my schedule and go from there...
No guaranties but ill see what I can do.
Got Tools?

#13 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Depending on where and when I might possibly want to go. Preferably later than sooner, so I can make the proper travel arrangements. I understand it'll be colder, but yeah.

If you need any help with travel, we (the Ohio crew) can house/carpool/etc. The tentative plan thus far is that we're all going to meet in Columbus and head out to Pittsburgh to stay with Dom before/after the war (plans permitting).
Ultimator Duel

#14 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Since we have an Ohioan carpool, and if there is room for one more, count me in.

Are Snicker/Metal Free darts acceptable?

#15 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Are Snicker/Metal Free darts acceptable?

If it has a felt pad and doesn't have anything heavier than a #6/#8 washer under it, it's good to go.
Ultimator Duel

#16 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

If it has a felt pad and doesn't have anything heavier than a #6/#8 washer under it, it's good to go.

I use Snicker darts. Here are the darts. I used them at Soothsayers Columbus war, you were there.

If these are unacceptable, i might be able to whip up a batch of slugs in time.

#17 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh I'm so down for this. Put me as a maybe for now, my future is kind of uncertain at this point.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#18 CoolpantsMcgee

CoolpantsMcgee

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

While I do live in oklahoma, my first large n.I.c war either needs to be a major southeast war, Or a war with the unholy3. Count me in as a maybe.

#19 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I use Snicker darts. Here are the darts. I used them at Soothsayers Columbus war, you were there.

If these are unacceptable, i might be able to whip up a batch of slugs in time.

Have you weighed your dart heads by chance?

The reason I'm sticking with slugs has nothing to do with safety/pain. It comes down to standardization. If everyone is using slugs with the same washers and felt pads it levels the playing field, allowing a wider variety of blasters and playstyles. I could give a damn about being hit by glue domes, but domes give the user an unfair edge in accuracy and range over those that use slugs.

Slugs are the easiest to standardize and domes are far more difficult to judge. This is the reason I'd like to stick to slugs.

Edited by Xellah, 08 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Ultimator Duel

#20 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Have you weighed your dart heads by chance?

The reason I'm sticking with slugs has nothing to do with safety/pain. It comes down to standardization. If everyone is using slugs with the same washers and felt pads it levels the playing field, allowing a wider variety of blasters and playstyles. I could give a damn about being hit by glue domes, but domes give the user an unfair edge in accuracy and range over those that use slugs.

Slugs are the easiest to standardize and domes are far more difficult to judge. This is the reason I'd like to stick to slugs.

As a fan of glue domes, this actually makes sense. I'll be buying some felt pads.

Also, would anyone like to buy a wye at the war? I should be able to whip some up before then, but I would like to see what demand is like first.
Standard costs apply: $6.50 per wye, no shipping, they look like this:

Posted Image

My Youtube Channel

#21 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I might buy one after the war.

No offense Kronos, but I'd like to see them go through a war before laying my money down. Again.

#22 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

I'll buy one. #YOLO
Ultimator Duel

#23 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I might buy one after the war.

No offense Kronos, but I'd like to see them go through a war before laying my money down. Again.

Sounds good, but speaking of which, did the others break? If so, I would be willing to bring some replacement wyes for the ones that broke.

I'll buy one. #YOLO

Great. I'll make sure to bring some.

My Youtube Channel

#24 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds good, but speaking of which, did the others break? If so, I would be willing to bring some replacement wyes for the ones that broke.

Two of them did break. I hung the others in storage, for fear of snapping them as well.

Should I bring their sad corpses for identification?

#25 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I will be buying one of your printed wyes as well.
I'm that really tall guy from APOC.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users